October 2013 Moms

Buncha Bullies Up In Here

Jenball717Jenball717 member
edited September 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Have you ever bullied anyone? Internet or in the real world. (Or on the real world if you were there, it all counts).

Buncha Bullies Up In Here 119 votes

Yes
44% 53 votes
No
53% 64 votes
I'm a morman
1% 2 votes

Re: Buncha Bullies Up In Here

• Loading the player...
  • I think you're right, @carawasa
  • I have bullied. There was a girl that I knew from church who drove me insane. My friend and I wouldn't let her sit by us or share our tent at girls camp. But we would let her little sister sit with us and share our tent. I had a Spanish class with her in high school and my brother was in it too. We would learn how to say mean things in Spanish and say them to her.

I can't even remember why she bugged me so much, but I regret that I let my low self esteem rule the way I treated others.
  • carawasa said:
    I have and am not proud of it but I have also been on the other side, too. I think most of us have.
    yes, me too. probably what caused me to be so mean later on.

• i deft said things i am not proud of, and did things mean to girls. but i got my pay back in high school! #dontmindmejustthevirginslutwalkingthehalls
    did you get called a slut while you were a virgin?? me toooooo! i was upset i was being called a slut, but never got to have any of the fun.

• PixiesDustPixiesDust member
    edited September 2014
    My nickname is hs was mitcho-bitcho.  I'll just leave it at that.  :-/  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • jennlin said:
    i deft said things i am not proud of, and did things mean to girls. but i got my pay back in high school! #dontmindmejustthevirginslutwalkingthehalls
    did you get called a slut while you were a virgin?? me toooooo! i was upset i was being called a slut, but never got to have any of the fun.
    yea it was this whole mess, i hooked up with this guy who said he was deft single. i like asked him a zillion times. but i felt pretty confident he would fall in love with me if i hooked up with him. needless to say he wasn't and of course he was with one of the popular girls. so i never lived that one down.
    define "hooked up".

• Yep. I don't remember doing anything directly, but my group of friends in middle school bullied one girl and I never once stood up for her.
  • Ugh, I was bullied all through middle and high school. There was a rumor that I was the Antichrist. A rumor that I was KTFU when senior year started. That I stole another girl's boyfriend. That I was a witch. They threw gum in my hair. Stole my shit. Told me to show up at the wrong place for pre-homecoming dance dinner. Got guys to dance with me as a joke. I was harassed relentlessly and hated 90% of those years. I'm not friends with a single person that I met before I turned 20 years old.

%cliques
    %varsityteam
    %slutrumors
    %momtoo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nope, but I was bullied.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • sleepy33 said:
    I can honestly say I don't believe I've ever bullied anyone, but I have a compulsive need to be liked by everyone. Like, I will stay awake at night fretting over whether or not someone dislikes me or is mad at me, even if it's a person I fucking HATE.
    This exactly. 

We were taught to never use the word "hate" in our home growing up. My mom wouldn't allow it. So I dont really say I "hate" anyone, I just dislike them with a strong passion. (lol) I am going to teach Joey the same thing. That was off topic though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • wedding06 said:

I did bully one girl and I feel horrible about it. I was picked on for many things throughout my life. When I was little they called me pig nose. Guess what bitches, button noses are cute now.

#stillbitter

Me too @wedding06!!! But I love my cute little button nose.
  • #meangirl over here too. Mostly just on the internet though.
    Livejournal rating communities were my life when I was 15

I attempted to join one of those groups and was denied. As revenge I stole some photos of a scene-enough looking girl and created a fake profile to get into the group and fuck with them.

#crapiamabully
    I was a scene girl. Did you steal my pic?

It's possible! Did you have dyed hair cut in a short bob with long side-swept bangs?
  • @hlb622‌ I think you're awesome and I'm sorry that all of that happened to you. This world has a lot of ugly in it, I'm sorry you got to see so much of it.

This
  • Nah I was never bullied or did I bully anyone. I was in the popular group in HS. I can't really be mean just to be mean. I was always nice to those that were slow or handicapped and unfortunately there was a lot of picking on people like this at my school.
    Still ten years later if they see me out and about they go out of their way to come say hi and give me a hug. I've seen some major bullying going on and I could never be a part of it. I don't get how people feel good about it.
  • NRyan55 said:

sleepy33 said:

Meh. I don't think typing something 'mean' on an internet forum is bullying. Unless you are relentlessly stalking someone, saying threatening/harassing things, etc. But even then...people can just leave the forum or create a new SN if they are really feeling 'bullied'. To me, saying stuff like this minimizes actual bullying.

This is also a valid point! Gah! I need a poll option that says "I am a meanie but I have never bullied anyone"

me too. Now I'm so confused. Am I bully or aren't i?
  • but wait! Aren't being mean and making fun of someone different

• carawasa said:

but wait! Aren't being mean and making fun of someone different

true! and when disagreeing with someone does that make you opinionated or mean?

Thinking GIF

• jennlin said:
    i deft said things i am not proud of, and did things mean to girls. but i got my pay back in high school! #dontmindmejustthevirginslutwalkingthehalls
    This happened to me A LOT in High School! :(
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sleepy33 said:
    hlb622 said:
    Ugh, I was bullied all through middle and high school. There was a rumor that I was the Antichrist. A rumor that I was KTFU when senior year started. That I stole another girl's boyfriend. That I was a witch. They threw gum in my hair. Stole my shit. Told me to show up at the wrong place for pre-homecoming dance dinner. Got guys to dance with me as a joke. I was harassed relentlessly and hated 90% of those years. I'm not friends with a single person that I met before I turned 20 years old.

%cliques
    %varsityteam
    %slutrumors
    %momtoo
    I mean...that's almost impressive. I think I would have gone with it.
    Totes.

• Lee81 said:
    It seems like a lot of what I have read about cyberbullying involves some aspect where it bleeds over into their 'real' life. So, saying something sarcastic or flippant to someone anonymous on a forum that they have voluntarily come to = not bullying. Tracking that person down, finding out who they are IRL, telling their spouse they got herpes from a stripper, calling their boss to let them know that they played hooky the week before, posting terrible things about them on their FB wall...these count as bullying.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bullying can include deliberately going out of your way to exclude someone from a group. I feel like things have mellowed a lot since the board started dying, but this hasn't always been the most welcoming place for newbs or people who have previously said something unpopular. True no one has to keep coming to the board but maybe they've got no one else to turn to. We've talked before about how isolating it can be to be a new mom. This might be the only opportunity for social interaction that some people have. It's not like it's hard to understand why someone would want to be a part of a group like this.
    I agree.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• hlb622 said:
    Ugh, I was bullied all through middle and high school. There was a rumor that I was the Antichrist. A rumor that I was KTFU when senior year started. That I stole another girl's boyfriend. That I was a witch. They threw gum in my hair. Stole my shit. Told me to show up at the wrong place for pre-homecoming dance dinner. Got guys to dance with me as a joke. I was harassed relentlessly and hated 90% of those years. I'm not friends with a single person that I met before I turned 20 years old.

%cliques
    %varsityteam
    %slutrumors
    %momtoo
    this makes me so sad! i love your face! Let me lick it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"