LGBT Parenting
Options

What's going on this weekend?

Tell us all about it!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's going on this weekend?

• Options

Tomorrow we are going to my company's annual family picnic. Then probably groceries and some cleaning/tidying around the house.

On Sunday, My MIL and SIL are coming over and we are headed to a local orchard that is having a Fall Festival. I am excited! Also on Sunday is a bday party for the son of one of J's former coworkers. She wants to go, but I am not really thrilled about it, and it will make for a really long day for Will. I may suggest that she stop by the party solo for a short while and Will and I will hang at home.

I like having activities to do on the weekend, but I also want to spend quality time with Will and not be running all over the place all weekend. My time with him is so limited during the week, so I really look forward to our weekend time.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    DW and I are focusing entirely on going through stored boxes and clothing to sort out what we can live without.  Also, we have purchased a wardrobe type chest for our future little one's space and want to work on restoring it.  We will also make our usual dog beach and park trips with the pups as well.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! 
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing much this weekend. We move next Sunday so this weekend will be packing and spending time out of the house doing fun family things to give Kaden a bit of "normalcy". We'll probably go to the park a couple of times, maybe go swimming at our gym. I'd like to go to the drive-in too if a kid appropriate movie us playing. My goal is to be mostly packed this weekend. Oh and EV's classes start up again next week. It's last semester of her masters program - woohoo. Of course that means a capstone project....
  • Options
    I am home with a kid who was sent home from school yesterday for fever? saying he didn't feel well? (but is fine today - of course.) I have done a ton of laundry, ironed all of the kids' uniforms, and steam cleaned the carpet in our bedroom. Off to make lunch and then make a run to Target before picking up the other kid and meeting DP and friends for dinner.

The kids are having a friend spend the weekend with us. We need to pick up G's sports goggles and then we are taking all of the kids to lunch and to a movie. We'll take them to church Sunday and then meet our friend (and mother of the kid spending the night with us) for lunch and to the kids' sports games.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @TwoMomsInTX‌ - hope the workshop is a good experience. Same sex adoption in TX is definitely possible, but I understand the challenge of finding a private agency work with, although it surprises me that as urban as Houston is, there aren't more options for you.

@KH826‌ - I'm with you about wanting to take a time out over the weekends. Z overcommitted us this weekend. If it were up to me, we would never make plans on Sunday, but Z arranged a group event on Sunday afternoon for some of our friends who completed the Tahoe Triple last weekend (3 marathons in 3 days). In the middle if our prime cooking and getting ready for the week time. Oh well. My sister is coming in town tomorrow morning. We don't have any big plans, but may head to the Pride festival in the afternoon if weather is ok - it's been raining a ton. I don't know why Austin has Pride in September, but they started doing it this way a few years ago. That's about it for us!
  • Options
    Another vote for hating overly planned and busy weekends. I just want to snuggle my baby and my wife ALL day long :)

Tonight we are going to our friend's house to watch the soccer game. Her LO is 6 weeks old and her hubby works for the team so she's going to be solo all day and wants some company/help with the babe. We haven't seen them for a few weeks so I'm excited. I'm curious to see how big her baby is next to M. My guess is that they are close to the same size by now. 

Tomorrow J has a work meeting in the morning in the city where my dad lives. I'm going with her and M and I are going to visit my dad while she is at her meeting. We may or may not go to a festival with my dad after. 

Sunday J's brother and gf are in town so we are going to hang out with them and then are going to a LGBT parenting group outing at a local farm. We went a few times pre-kiddos a few years ago (with our niece) this will be our first time going as a little family. One family has a baby M's age so we are excited to better connect with them and other families. 

I think that's it...and just getting ready for the next week as always. My cousin is trying to start a photography business and is taking ours and M's photos on Monday evening so we need to get something for us all to wear...any ideas? 

Gosh I'm tired just writing that. We need a vacation. 

• Options

Its another non-weekend for us...  I work late tonight and have to be back at work by 7:15 in the morning... then hopefully I will snag a nap before our nieces 2nd birthday party... which is in the afternoon.  Then I am sure the night will be filled with family stuff... and maybe we can fit in some packing??

Sunday, we will probably go watch our family run in a 4 miler, then I will return to work for a 300 person program that I am managing...

If I survive that... I am taking Monday off work... probably to sleep and recover!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    Girls weekend at the beach with 4 of my co-workers and bffs! It's been a blast! Drink, drank, drunk about sums it up. I am the only lesbian in our group so that's always fun.

We discovered last night our neighbors are 60 year old lesbians and my friend Megan invited them over. Upon them entering, they made it very obvious they thought we invited them over to be swingers!!!! Whole thing was weird and we finally got away, but then they were rather vocal during their private time. Lol. They've only been together a week and found each other on match. Com which made me laugh.

1 more week of school before track out. Sarah's parents come this Friday for 2 weeks, then my mom for 2 weeks. Oye!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"