Pregnant after 35
Options

Weekly Check-In 9/19

1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. Age at delivery? (optional)

3. Any other children? Furbabies?

4. How are you feeling?

5. Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?

QOTW:  The fall equinox is in a few days (spring if you are in the southern hemisphere).  Are you looking forward to the new season?  Do you have any plans or goals?

Re: Weekly Check-In 9/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Lady2010‌ I don't blame you one bit. I am also nervous about delivering in Jan. My youngest got the flu (even after the shot) in Jan last year and I had a horrible cough that lasted from Dec to Jan last year. It is not a great time to be having babies. You do what you feel is best for your family. Since I had this cough/congestion I didn't get to see my new nephew this week. I stayed out in the waiting room. As a parent I knew better than to track it in there.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    That's funny RE: kitchen painting @mandyreads & @Samuelismomma

Get well soon @mandyreads.. I'm starting to get pregnancy rhinitis.  I hope that doesn't evolve into an infection.

@Lady2010 - I completely sympathize with your family situation.  My family has trouble respecting my decisions too.

On the plus side, last I checked (a few months ago), this year's flu strains are supposed to be very similar to last year's.  I think even the flu shots are the same.  So, hopefully we'll all be less likely to get sick.

Good luck @amstevens78!
  • Options
    @2ndGeneration‌ keep us posted about your appt Thursday.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    @BabyBliss76‌ happy belated birthday!
    @2ndGeneration‌ updateus on your appt! Thinking of you!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Could be round ligament pain @mdogan29.  For me it's pretty classic.  I have bursts of pain in the lower abdomen or side of pelvis when I stand up after sitting, or when changing positions in bed.  Apparently exercise can exacerbate it.
  • Options
    4/5/15, 12 weeks (tomorrow), plum

2. Age at delivery? 

15mo boy, 2 labrador retrievers

4. How are you feeling?
    I can definitely tell the first trimester yuck is getting better, but it's not gone yet. One minute, I think 'wow, I've made it all the way to 3:00 without needing Zofran.' Then at 3:05 I feel like puking and have to take some.

My 12-week check is on Wednesday where I'll ask about labs, plus we have an ultrasound on Friday. No rants. At least no there. There's too much, and none is related to the pregnancy.

QOTW:  The fall equinox is in a few days (spring if you are in the southern hemisphere).  Are you looking forward to the new season?  Do you have any plans or goals?
    NO. I love summer. When I lived in Florida, I didn't even miss the other seasons. I don't feel like I've fully enjoyed summer unless I've spent enough time at the pool / lake / ocean. Well, I didn't make it to any this summer, or last summer (new baby). So I feel like I've been jipped and I'm just not ready for fall yet. However, I DO love football and crockpot meals on Sundays.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  March 2015. 12w6d.  Plum.

2. Age at delivery? 38 

3. Any other children? Furbabies? 1 cat.

4. How are you feeling?  The constant nausea is backing off, but the morning illness and occasional, sudden onset of MS still happens.  As a FTM, all this body changing is definitely weird and surreal to experience.

5. Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?  We have the 12 week appointment this week, and my husband will join.  I'm a bit anxious to make sure everything is going alright. 

Rant: I told some friends yesterday that I was expecting.  One friend was sweet and congratulatory, but it almost immediately turned into a conversation among the group about how most of them don't want kids and find it very selfish and self-centered to have kids when the world is overpopulated and there are kids that could be adopted.  I made the best of it, and just kind of watched the dialogue - but it hurt my feelings.  It's hard feeling left behind and out of the group of friends who already have kids and have moved on with their life and left all the non-parents behind, and then it feels hard being rejected by friends who feel the need to make our pregnancy about them and their choice to not have kids.  It would have been nice if they could have managed to just suck it up for the hour or so we saw each other, and save the complaining and condescension for after I left.

QOTW:  The fall equinox is in a few days (spring if you are in the southern hemisphere).  Are you looking forward to the new season?  Do you have any plans or goals?  I love the fall, and now that I am feeling better, I plan to get more of the organizing done and crafty kinds of things I enjoy doing.  I'd like to enjoy some of the festivals, and enjoy the weather...when it finally really does get a little more fall-like.  It's been an unusually long, hot summer here so I look forward to the change. :)
  • Options
    It's been awhile since I posted over here, but here goes!
    1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 36w3d. Baby is a honeydew melon.

2. Age at delivery? (optional) 35 at delivery, 36 shortly thereafter.

3. Any other children? Furbabies? DS who turns 2 on Wednesday 9/24 and our dog Stella, who turns 10 on 9/30!

4. How are you feeling? Tired. I had a lot of dizziness and vertigo over the weekend but am feeling ok now.

5. Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? 36/37 week apt on Wed 9/24.

QOTW:  The fall equinox is in a few days (spring if you are in the southern hemisphere).  Are you looking forward to the new season?  Do you have any plans or goals? I love fall! I'm ready for some cooler weather and for Pumpkins, apples and leaves.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    October 13.  37w.  Baby is the size of a winter melon.

2. Age at delivery? (optional)

DS#1 is almost 3, our furbaby puggle is almost 6 mo

4. How are you feeling?
    Generally good.  I'm super tired, but I'm generally comfortable. 

Appointment today- I go every week now (and have appointments scheduled through 39 weeks). 

A rave, I guess- I got a job offer last week for an awesome perm position.  The down side is that it is contingent- meaning that it didn't come with a start date so I still am looking b/c I would like to work again before the end of the year (I contract).

I like all of the seasons for different reasons, but I probably look forward to fall the least b/c it means that our days are getting shorter and we'll be in the throws of winter soon.  Two October babies definitely gives me something to look forward to in the fall, though.  Our older son is more interested in Halloween, wearing a costume, carving a pumpkin, etc so it will be fun to do those things with him in a few weeks.  We're huge college football fans so Saturdays include watching a few games while we go other tasks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the job offer @MsMacual!  I'm impressed you're doing so well this late in the pregnancy.

Sorry about your friends @xilahn.  That's pretty mean.
  • Options
    1. EDD 5/17/15, 6w1d, baby's the size of a pea

2. I'll be 38 at delivery

3. DD is 1.5 yrs and we have a dog

4. Tired with bouts of weepiness. I'm majorly bloated and swear I'm feeling flutters, which has me convinced I'm having twins. 

5. First appointment isn't for another two weeks. Boo. ;) 

QOTW:  Part of me is looking forward to Fall and part of me is soaking up the last days of warm sunshine.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 14w3d lemon

2. Age at delivery? (optional) 36

3. Any other children? Furbabies? FTM. Have two dogs though

4. How are you feeling? I have no energy. Seriously where did it go?? I want to nap like 14 times a day.

5. Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Tomorrow genetic counseling for being an "elderly mom." Next week 16 week visit.

QOTW: The fall equinox is in a few days (spring if you are in the southern hemisphere). Are you looking forward to the new season? Do you have any plans or goals? I love fall. The weather finally cools a few degrees in Southern California and I could use a break from the 90 degree days! Can't wait to start decorating for Halloween!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"