February 2013 Moms
Options

Gassy Baby? (XP Aug14)

I'm cross posting here.

Can someone tell me how to tell if baby is excessively gassy? Amelia seems to hit this super crabby, unhappy, crying period around the same time every night. She'll kick her legs straight and arch her back while crying constantly. I can't tell if this is her "Something is wrong, fix it" cry, or if this is just normal, "I'm cranky and don't know what's wrong" normal nightly baby crabby. Nothing really seems to sooth her.  She does prefer to be put in one of my carriers at this point in the night though (yay! She's letting me use the Moby too!!!!!). Does this sound like it might be something I ate giving her excessive gas? Or does this seem like she's just having her nightly cranky time?

Holy crap, I feel like such a bonehead. You'd think I'd know this kind of thing already...

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: Gassy Baby? (XP Aug14)

• Options
    DD always has been a very gassy baby. When she was having a hard time passing gas she would do exactly as your DD is doing. The only times she was routine with it was first thing in the am. That was caused by me drinking a mt dew with dinner every night. We would do bicycle legs with her whenever she acted like she was having a hard time passing gas. We would also rub her belly in a clockwise fashion. I have really watched what I eat and drink for 18 months now.

Together since July 21 2002

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Not sure what is causing the discomfort. If it is gas, I highly recommend catnip and fennel. It's a herbal remedy, all natural, and all you need is a dab in her mouth. It does wonders.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds go me more like a witching hour. DS used to get this every day right around 4pm and I would have to walk around holding him or bring him outside. Usually if I brought him out side he would magically stop crying....

We did use the pediacare gas drops a few times, I cant say they worked wonders but I think they took the edge off.
  • Options
    I think it sound like it may be reflux too.
  • Options
    holly321 said:

Could it be? This seems to be the only point of the day when she DOESN'T spit up. I get farts and burps, but no more than the rest of the day. This is why I'm so baffled.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    tamarar5 said:

holly321 said:

Could it be? This seems to be the only point of the day when she DOESN'T spit up. I get farts and burps, but no more than the rest of the day. This is why I'm so baffled.
    The arching sounds like reflux. Silent reflux doesn't usually have spit up.
  • Options
    holly321 said:

tamarar5 said:

holly321 said:

The arching sounds like reflux. Silent reflux doesn't usually have spit up.
    I'll make sure to ask her pedi about this specifically then. She goes in on Monday. Than you!

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Now that it has been mentioned, the back arched sounds like DS. He had acid reflux diagnosed at 3 months, and I remember he would arch his back during nursing so bad, he would have his legs between my knees. During a cradle hold.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Rosebean said:

Now that it has been mentioned, the back arched sounds like DS. He had acid reflux diagnosed at 3 months, and I remember he would arch his back during nursing so bad, he would have his legs between my knees. During a cradle hold.

Amelia has done this. :(

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"