November 2014 Moms
Options

Help Name My Baby Boy! Lemon is Taken!

silverwings72silverwings72 member
edited September 2014 in November 2014 Moms
I trust you ladies. DH and I have agreed to our top names for our baby boy. Please vote which one you like the best. DH's first name is Nicklas, his middle name is James, named after his father. We are also stumped on which to use for middle names so bear with me. Last name rhymes with "Simmer." Thanks for any suggestions and all of your support!

Help 167 votes

Caleb Nicklas
5% 10 votes
Caleb James
18% 31 votes
Ethan Nicklas
5% 10 votes
Ethan James
31% 52 votes
Oliver Nicklas
4% 7 votes
Oliver James
34% 57 votes

Re: Help Name My Baby Boy! Lemon is Taken!

• Options
    I like Ethan James. My second choice being Caleb James.

• Options
    Love Ethan James!

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Oliver James! Oliver is my FAVORITE name for a boy. Mine would be Oliver if DH didn't hate it and if we didn't already have a friend who named their son Oliver.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like all of the Oliver and Ethan choices
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    Oliver is too cute! 

And I don't think anyone would feel like you were "stealing" Lemon, if you wanted to work it in some how… ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Love Oliver nicklas!!!
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    @zengal‌ - I was kind of thinking that too. I think that's why we haven't been able to decide on the middle name. So many decisions!
  • Options
    Ethan James! You can use EJ as a super cute NN!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    I've always loved the name Oliver so that's the one I picked :D I think Oliver James sounds better together but either is good! Nice names, lady!!
  • Options
    @Maelara‌ awwww shucks :\"> thank you !
  • Options
    Ethan is in our top two names! I love Oliver, but that name is taken for us, I picked Oliver James, so cute!
  • Options
    Oliver is one of our potential boy names! We would do Oliver Daniel (I know it's a little clunky) and our other option is Charles Anthony.

But I love the idea of calling a happy baby boy Ollie, so I am not at all objective.
  • Options
    I really like Caleb James and Oliver James, but all your name choices are good!
  • Options
    I like Oliver James. :)

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• Options
    meeshybeemeeshybee member
    edited September 2014

But... Lemon is a girl's name, isn't it? I can't believe you'd even consider it for a boy! Might as well name him Sue. ;)

I like Oliver, but it's way too popular lately for my tastes. I chose Ethan James, but I think the NN "CJ" is super cute if you went with Caleb James. I'm not much help, am I?

ETA: I guess you could name a boy Lemonjello. Close enough to Lemon.

Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    Also love Oliver James - but Oliver Nicklas would be very nice too.  Your kid would be happy to have any of these names, I see why you're having such a hard time choosing!
    CafeMom Tickers

N14 January Siggy Challenge - What Sucks About Work

• Options
    I like Ethan James and the second would be Oliver James but if you want to go with Nicklas because of your DH I think it goes well too
    ~Nov14 Moms November Siggy Challenge: CELEBRATION!! ~

Anniversary

• Options
    I voted for Caleb James, but it was not easy to choose, I really liked all the choices- Good luck!
  • Options
    I like all your choices, but Ethan James was my favorite, I like Ethan best as a first name and James goes well with it as a middle name.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Our first!!!

• Options

I love Ethan James (Ethan was one of my picks with DS and this one, but I can't get DH on board with it for some reason).  Also, you can't really shorten it or find stupid rhymes with it in terms of nicknames which I always think about.  EJ sounds fine if you wanted a nickname.

I like Oliver James too, but I'd be afraid of the nickname Oli for short of even worse - OJ for Oliver James.

• Options
    You can't go wrong with any of these but I voted Ethan James. It's got such a nice ring to it and EJ makes such a great nn.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ethan James or Oliver James gets my vote for sure!
  • Options
    Wow, I actually like all of these! I'm partial to James for the middle name because it sounds so strong (or many I've just seen too many James Bond movies...).

I picked Oliver James as my top choice. Whereas I agree that I wouldn't want my kid called OJ, I think you can avoid that by choosing your own nickname (I love Ollie). If it's bullies at school, well, every name is going to have some bad nickname so I just wouldn't worry about it =)

Good luck choosing!
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Options
    Love Caleb James!!
  • Options
    I like the way the As sound in Caleb James
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"