November 2014 Moms

Growth Scans and Baby's est. weight

Hello lovely November mamas,

I haven't seen a growth thread in a while, but I've seen a few people mention having scans lately. Do any of you who have had a scan recently want to share details?

30 week scan - 4.2 pounds (estimated, obviously!). 75th percentile. Measuring 2 weeks early.

At my 20 week scan I didn't hear anything about weight, but baby was in 50th percentile.

I'm not sure why I'm curious about the percentile changes between scans. Probably just growth patterns?

Just had a horrible thought: is this the baby equivalent of a weight gain thread? Nooooooo!

Re: Growth Scans and Baby's est. weight

• I'll let you know tomorrow :) I'm 32 wks.
    ~Jen
    Married since 8.17.03
    Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

• Loading the player...
  • My little guy was weighing in at 4lbs 10oz at my appointment on Tuesday (9/16) and I was 32 weeks exactly at the appointment. I didn't get percentile info though.

TTC #1 since November 2008

3 MC: #1 at 8wks (blighted ovum) opted for D&C, #2 at 6wks natural, #3 at 12wks (no heartbeat) opted for D&C.
    EDD 11/11/2014..... Heard a heartbeat for the very first time at 8w2d and I couldn't be more excited!!! The fact that this LO has a heartbeat gives me hope that I may get to be a mother after all!!
  • At 30 weeks 6 days, baby weighed in at 3lbs. 3 oz. (31st percentile) I go for a follow up on Tuesday. I will let you know.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• At 28 weeks little E was estimated to weigh 2 lbs 5 oz and last week at 30 weeks she was estimated to weigh 3 lbs, 25%.  
  • 28 weeks my little boy was at 3 pounds measuring 2 weeks ahead. I think they said 67% for weight. Both weight and height were around 60 or 70 something!
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • I haven't had a recent growth scan but I have a feeling that will change after recently being diagnosed with GD. How often do you ladies do them?
  • @silverwings72
    It depends on your OB.  When I had GB with Sweet Pea I only had one at 37ish weeks.  I've had two this time due to irregular heartbeat but wouldn't have them normally.  I didn't have any of them with Peanut.

My daycare mother had GD and had a scan every 3-4 weeks
  • silverwings72silverwings72 member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks ladies. I will ask doc in our next appointment. I would be interested to see how big he is getting. Also, I want to make sure he isn't getting too big from the GD.
  • At 28 weeks, Cakeleigh Le'Mona we weighing 2lbs 14 oz and pacing a week ahead. They said she was in the 65th percentile. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • 28 weeks Audree was 2 pounds 7 ounces. We go back on 10/23 so I'll update then
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• 28weeks one was 3.4 the other was 3.3. 98% and 100% in height and weight. Next scan is next Wednesday at 32.5 weeks.
  • Just yesterday 32+5 weeks. LO was estimated 38 week gestation and estimated weight was 7 lbs 4 oz. we will see what the dr says tuesday
  • budzer said:

I want a scan! My doc hasn't mentioned anything to me about getting one any time soon. He just does fundal height and BP. 

Our little miss is growing loads thought because the bump has suddenly gone out of control. I really want to know her estimated weight. Is it something I can ask him to do?
    Normally, I would have only had an a/s. However, with bp being elevated, we ate watching to make sure that her growth doesn't get restricted.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Our little lady was 4lbs at 32 wks, 47%
    ...up from 1 lb 7 oz at 24 wks.
  • We just had one yesterday!  33w3d she weighed in at (an estimated) 4lbs 6 oz and was 46%--just where I like her...smallish but healthy.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had a scan at 30 weeks and baby was estimated at 4lbs. 15oz in the 88th percentile. I go back on Monday for another one at 32 weeks. I'm told he's border line too big. Not sure what that means!?
  • wallygirlwallygirl member
    edited September 2014
    My dr normally only does a quick u/s your first visit for dating and then the a/s around 20 weeks. Unless there are issues there normally isn't additional scans. However, I went in on Wednesday for my 3 week appt and hadn't been feeling much movement this week. Since I was/am sick she decided to do a quick u/s instead of putting me on the monitor. The baby looked good and was measuring pretty much on track. Estimated weight was 3 lb 6 oz. We had a super nice u/s tech who asked if we wanted a 3D shot of the baby's face. Of course we said yes!! From the pic it looks like this LO has my DD's plump little lips. Seeing that sweet face made me so excited to meet this LO!

Edit: I was 30w 4d at the appt
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 32w2d with twins 4lb 2oz and 4lb 4oz U/S tech said 52nd and 56th percentile
  • Last Friday at 32.2 wks, LO weighed 4lbs 5oz, the 42nd percentile. Perfect. I'll have another scan Monday, looking forward to see how much weight LO has gained.
  • morrkimmorrkim member
    edited September 2014
    At 32 weeks they were measuring 4 lb 2 oz and 3 lb 13 oz. They were a little above and below the 50th percentile. I don't remember exactly.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • AutumnsnowAutumnsnow member
    edited September 2014
    I haven't had a recent growth scan but I have a feeling that will change after recently being diagnosed with GD. How often do you ladies do them?
    @silverwings72 I haven't had any scans either or even any measurements at all.  But he did say something about scheduling a scan now with the GD.  I guess I'll find out tues when I go.

~Nov14 Moms November Siggy Challenge: CELEBRATION!! ~

Anniversary

• At 32w3d baby measured about 4 lbs 1 oz and I was told that was the 37 percentile. I have another ultrasound at 36w3d so I'm curious to see how much she grows, I'm being monitored more because of one of my growth hormones being low but so far it doesn't seem to be causing any issues.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours was at 30w6days. She measured 3lb and 8 oz and in 59%.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}
  • At 28w6d our little lady measured at 3lb 0oz which placed her in the 57th percentile.  I had the growth scan because of my GD diagnosis.

My fur-babies Chuck Norris, Stella, and Lucy
    imageimageimage

BFP #1 1/4/14; EDD 9/16/14;  mc 1/17/14 
    BFP #2 3/12/14; baby girl born 11/21/14          
  • lincoln79lincoln79 member
    edited September 2014
    we had a growth scan yesterday at 32w6d 5 lbs. 3oz.
    they told us 46% percentile.
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• 32 weeks 3 days. 5 lbs 14 oz. 90th percentile. I've got a big boy on my hands!
  • At 32 weeks 1 day, baby boy was measuring 5lbs 1oz and baby girl was measuring 4 lbs 7oz! Growing like crazy!
  • 30 weeks 4 days weighing 4lbs 6 oz. 75th percentile.

Mama to sweet baby girl, Emerson Rose, born November 7th, 2014

• 31.5 weeks they were 3#10oz and 3#15 oz, 35% and 45%. Not too bad for twins. 

DD was always 50% except for one seemingly off scan that put her at 80%. She was born at 51%. 

• Ok, SO...we had a scan at 32+5 & they said that his head was measuring right on but that his torso and femur was a little on the small side. He was 3lb 11oz and in the 21st percentile. When I got back to my hospital room I asked one of the nurses what the percentile even meant and she told me that was a question for the doctor because they could explain it better and then that Dr. never came lol SO....what does that mean exactly?

I got some steroid shots to help baby grow and develop so hopefully he grows to be a big boy :)

• They did a growth scan on LO this past Thursday.  He weighed 4 lbs 14 oz and I was 32 weeks 3 days.  I will have another growth scan in 3-4 weeks so we shall see how much of a chunker he is going to be ;)
    Connor Graham

• My doctor doesn't offer later u/s scans to determine weight because he thinks they are way too unreliable. I'll just have to wait until the baby comes. I assume the baby will be in the 7-8 lb range because my other two were about that (7 lbs., 4oz. and 8 lbs., 4 oz, both born at 41 weeks, 2 days).
  • laurenhen3laurenhen3 member
    edited September 2014
    I have a growth scan on Tuesday, I'm 32weeks and 2 days,he seems to be growing well but on my 20 week scan they found an irregular heartbeat that seems to be improving but we will get to the bottom of wether it has sorted itself out or not on Tuesday. Sooo nervous!
  • At 32 weeks my baby girl was measuring at 4lbs 3 oz and 60% I believe :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"