3rd Trimester
Options

Feeling so sad right now....

A little background. I have 4 year old twins delivered via c-section at 33 weeks due to pre-eclampsia. It's now looking like my VBAC hopes have been crushed. I am showing signs of pre-eclampsia. .If I don't go into labor on my own this weekend, and I am checked on Monday and there's still protein in my urine (there has been all week) then on Monday he has scheduled a C-section. I am 38 weeks and 2 days today so in essence labor *could* happen but nothing is showing that it is imminent. At all.... I have an exercise ball, have been walking stores and malls, will be walking for 45 minutes to an hour with a friend starting tonight, and will try to do the do. Trying to stay positive but I cried for at least 30 minutes at the Dr's office today. Yes a healthy baby at the end is the priority but since the beginning of this pregnancy my aim has been a VBAC. I've done everything possible to have this happen and it just sucks that my body has failed me. Again... I feel robbed. I truly wanted this experience this time around. I never understood the anguish women who have repeated c-sections feel after failed VBACS until now.

Re: Feeling so sad right now....

• Options
    So sorry to read about what's going on :(
    I hope things get better, and I'll keep you in my prayers :) Good luck with everything girl and congratulations!
  • Options
    Thank you. I appreciate the prayers. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck this weekend, I hope labor starts for you.

If not, good luck Monday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    :( so sorry you are feeling this way. I hope labor starts for you soon!
    If not, you are doing the right thing by doing what's best for your baby.

It might not go according to plan re VBAC vs c section regardless your body did the best job by creating and carrying a baby up till now.

Good luck and will keep you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    It may feel disheartening, but the reason for the c-section is for both your safety and the baby's.  Keep your chin up and head high, because having a great mom is what you're baby needs! 
  • Options
    Your body didn't fail you. Your body is doing exactly as it should- giving you a heads up that baby needs to be out sooner rather than later. Have you talked to your doctor about being induced? I know pitocin isn't the best option for vbacs but if your cervix is favorable maybe cervidal could be an option. I understand being upset but try not to focus in what your body didn't do but rather what it has done. Good luck!
  • Options
    I agree with pp. Have you discussed a gentle induction? Many doctors will consider this with a VBAC mama. Look up and try the Miles Circuit in the morning. GL!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're not getting the birth you had planned for.
    As hard as it may be for you, try to think of the positives.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    I'm sorry you are feeling disappointed, but as pp said, you are doing what is best for you and your baby.  You've done nothing wrong and you shouldn't feel guilty over the c-sections.  I'm about to have my second c-section, but I really didn't have any guilt over either one.  I feel so grateful that we have the knowledge and technology to do c-sections.  If you or I had been having babies 100 years ago, we may have been those women who died in child birth along with our babies.  Try to focus on the sweet little blessing that is about to come into your life, and try not to worry about how it is all going down!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"