January 2014 Moms
Options

What are you doing with all of your pictures?

wifetomrb101wifetomrb101 member
edited September 2014 in January 2014 Moms
I'm always snapping pictures of my 2 girls, either with my phone or our DSLR. What are you doing with the pictures?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

What are you doing with all of your pictures? 67 votes

Nothing. They're still on my phone/camera not backed up.
8% 6 votes
They're on my computer.
40% 27 votes
Cloud storage.
14% 10 votes
Digital scrapbooking with no books printed out.
4% 3 votes
Digital scrapbooking with books printed out.
13% 9 votes
Traditional scrapbooking.
1% 1 vote
Photo albums.
8% 6 votes
If I lose everything, all I've got is what's on Facebook/email.
1% 1 vote
SS. Because I'm sure I missed something.
5% 4 votes

Re: What are you doing with all of your pictures?

• Options
    They're backed up by Google at the moment. I plan to make a Shutterfly book when he turns one.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    Every once in awhile I download whatever is on the cameras onto the computer. Once they're there I download them onto the external hard drive. The stuff on my phone gets uploaded every other day to Shutterfly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take a ton of pictures between my cell, iPad and camera. I have them on my laptop and backed up on a flash drive. I go threw once a month and get a bunch printed off. Since getting married I make a "yearbook" at the end of every year so I plan to make a family one each year and make one for DD as well. I'm pretty sure my 7.5 month old has more pictures now then I have of myself in my 30 years! (Currently at about 1500)
  • Options
    They are on our computer and we need to back it up on our hard drive soon. I want to do one of those photo books from shutterfly of DS born to 1 year. Like his greatest moments milestones etc. in his 1st year.
  • Options
    Combo...they're all on my computer, backed up to my google plus backup and I think my time capsule, and I make shutterfly books and print them.

• Options
    All the pics I take with my phone get automatically backed up to google+, which has been a lifesaver. On my old phone, my SD card was taken out incorrectly by my brother and I lost everything on it. Would have been a pain to restore all those photos.
  • Options
    I take a ridiculous amount of pictures and am terrified of losing them so I do a lot. I do a traditional scrapbook of prints I get developed. I also have them on my computer and on an external hard drive. And I post a bunch on Facebook so they are there too. Oh and I have shutterfly and photobucket accounts too.

• Options
    I'm late to this game. There's a way for your pics that you take on your iPhone to be automatically uploaded to shutterfly??
  • Options
    @robertin‌ the Shutterfly app will prompt you to upload regularly, but as far as I'm aware you have to manually select the photos and choose to upload. I've not seen a way to make it automatic. Google+ auto uploads, but not sure if/how that would work on iPhone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    I'm really prepared. I have what's on my phone, cloud back up , on the computer, hard drive and photos printed out in albums, frames. I do this every three months, probably less as time goes on. I have lost many pictures and I refuse for it to happen again.

• Options
    I needed to upload to my computer bc I had no more room on my iPad, but it's still saying storage is full, even tho I deleted on my iPad once I uploaded to the computer.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I'm a crazy picture lady. I have SO MANY pictures of DS. I have the flickr app set to automatically upload all of the pictures on my phone. I also transfer them (from phone and DSLR) to my computer and back up onto a flash drive. I print photo books and also regular photos (which I store in a metal box). I have an old school film DSLR camera, so I have prints from that. I love Instagram and I use sticky9.com to print magnets and cute little square photos.
    imageimage
    Me(32) + DH(32) TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    RE consult Dec 2012, diagnosed with lean PCOS (didn't see that coming!)  medicated cycles 1 - 4 = BFN
    cycle 5 - metformin, femara 7.5mg, IUI #1, progesterone = BFP!!!
    beta #1 (13dpiui) 37, beta #2 (15dpiui) 104, u/s at 6w5d hb of 115
  • Options
    Oh, there's some great ideas I hadn't thought of here!  I need to look into this google+ thing.  Right now I'll email alot of them to myself, and empty them off of my phone to my computer pretty often.  I digitally scrapbook into Creative Memories, but don't use all the pictures in the books.  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• Options
    @robertin‌
    After reading these posts I just looked at the shutterfly app. When you select upload it has an option that says "new photos" and "upload all." Good information and am backing mine up right now.

I download pics to my computer then to an external hard drive. Totally paranoid about losing all of her pictures.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cloud storage, shutterfly books and occasional printing/framing.

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Can anyone recommend a specific cloud storage? Starting to back up the pictures to one has been on my to do list since dd was born.
  • Options
    I love Dropbox @The GreatBeyond. I uploaded everything there and then I also transferred to Shutterfly so I can take advantage of the 100 free 4x6 photo offers when they come around to actually print my pictures.

• Options
    SS, combination. I've organized all our pictures in my laptop by year, so they are all on there, but I've also made a photo book from Shutterfly with pictures of her first 6 months ( yay for coupons!).

our little flower born 01.13.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"