June 2014 Moms

SS: pony rides

JmeJoLee83JmeJoLee83 member
edited September 2014 in June 2014 Moms
Yeah! Halloween in drawing closer and local pumpkin patches are starting to spring up. Would you let your LO ride a pony? With your help and support of course? I'm thinking how fun but maybe I have overlooked a few details? Yeehaww. Ok I'm a dork.
First time mommy-to-be
E.D.D. June 1, 2014

Re: SS: pony rides

• tdmrs said:

Um no. Not big enough and the stables won't likely let your LO ride it either. The one I worked with for work had a minimum age of two.

The place probably has an age minimum good point!

First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your opinions but I don't appreciate the snark..yes I was referring to my May baby (came early) who will be 5 months in October. He has great neck control and I would literally hold him on the pony. I guess I'm a horrible mom for even thinking about this. Fwiw I am not a newbie and am surprised at the attitude of some of you..I have always offered support here. I will check with my pedi
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

seriously though it was hard to hold my then one year old on a pony last year and he could sit unassisted and knew to hold on, so I'm gonna say no. and I think your pedi will probably say no, too.
  • Thanks for the gif @steprozz‌
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

You asked kind of a ridiculous question. And this isn't even close to snark.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

no problem. I love a chance to gif
  • I'm curious as to what snark you are referring to. Do you mean @elsa1688 's "hell no"? Because you asked for opinions, and that sounds like a legit reaction. Or do you mean @amoot890 guessing you have an older child, which also sounds like an honest assumption? I seriously think you must be jumping to the wrong conclusion about people's answers, because I saw no intended snark in either or those replies. Nobody insinuated that you are a horrible mother or even displayed the least bit of attitude. I think you need to take a step back and chill out.

Now, to answer your question. I used to have a pet pony. If I still did, yeah I would probably let my daughter "ride" her in our yard briefly, aka rest LO's butt on the pony's back while firmly holding on, for about one minute just so that she could experience it, while the pony was tied up and standing still of course. But that was my own pet, whom I knew well enough to know how she reacts to things, and there's no age restriction when you're in your own yard. I'm sure that stables have rules about that sort of thing, though, because they have to think about the what ifs and avoiding personal injury lawsuits.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Ok guess I'm the only one who has ever thought about this concept. I consider "hell no" without any reason or backing snarky @elsa1688‌ as well as "umm no"
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Thank you for a solid answer @LaurelJoy91‌
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• @shiggybop what's that supposed to mean?
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Let's all gang up on me!
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• JmeJoLee83JmeJoLee83 member
    edited September 2014
    I asked a legitimate question hoping for opinions and this is what has come to asking if I belong here and qfp ing me. I feel the love
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• You took people's answers badly. If anyone had asked your question they would have gotten the same response. You're overreacting.
  • Some without any reasoning just sarcasm. Whatever. It's fine I never responded this way when some asked questions I thought were ridiculous.

@shiggybop‌ rude
    @kaysa2‌ more rude
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• if you're not a newbie as you claim to not be, you should not be surprised by any of this.
  • Maybe a picture but not a ride.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
    edited September 2014
    Finally some real answers thank you I can respect opinions when they have some backing...maybe I am sensitive but the mean girl High school antics of ganging up on one person is juvenile

Go ahead and quote that.

There will be no dd
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• If this thread is snarky, then this board really has gotten lame.

FWIW, I would not put my infant on a horse that I didn't know. Especially not right now when she is into hair pulling. I don't know enough about horses to know how one would react to getting it's hair yanked out

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

edited September 2014
    elsa1688 said:

If you agree with me, then where are my love tits dammit?!?

Also, looks like she GBCB. Bit of an overreaction, IMO.

So high school. Still here. Qfp
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• kaysa2 said:

Some without any reasoning just sarcasm. Whatever. It's fine I never responded this way when some asked questions I thought were ridiculous.

@shiggybop‌ rude
    @kaysa2‌ more rude

Meh, I've been called worse.  Doesn't change your overreaction at all.  But you are amusing the board, so for that we should probably thank you.

You're welcome!
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• CAMag said:

elsa1688 said:

If you agree with me, then where are my love tits dammit?!?

Also, looks like she GBCB. Bit of an overreaction, IMO.

Done. Titted. Are you happy now, you salty hoe?

Hey! Skittler said I was the least snarky. That's gotta count for something.
  • @CAMag‌ thanks for the toast in your gif! Cheers to you too :-h
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

edited September 2014
    I'm over it. I will try not to ask any more silly questions--since that never happens here l
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• @katekat8721‌ @elsa1688‌ asking for love tits in spite of someone else is considered mature. Got it.
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• When I read your op, I actually thought sure, and then realized I was on the baby's bmb, not the toddler's. My two year old, sure. My infant, not so much. He won't remember, he won't enjoy it, and a screaming squirmy baby on a pony I don't know, nuh uh.

No one on here was snarky until you started calling people out for their honest reactions to your question.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• So... I've been a horse owner and competitive rider since I was a child that being said LO isn't going anywhere near a horse's back until he is 3 or 4 and can ride a helmet and enjoy the experience. Our babies are way too small to get it and anyone who knows horses would know that ponies are not just small horses they are a particularly cantankerous breed that are known to buck and spin. I'm not one for having my baby do things he won't even remember either.
  • @mrscbrad wins the award for best vocabulary of the day!  Cantankerous! Love it!  Now, if only I could get my students to use that kind of vocab!

Being afraid of horses/ponies/many animals myself, LO will not be going near a pony until she can understand enough to ask to ride the pony.  Then, it will be dad's duty to help her... keep me away from the beasts!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrscbrad wins allllll the vocab gold stars today! I love that word!

• @elsa1688‌ sorry girl...bad day yesterday
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"