Baby Names

My turn for a poll- girl names, would love your input!

hecklethecklet member
edited September 2014 in Baby Names
So, I'm due Oct 14th. We are team green and have the boy name already set to go(Graham Keith) however, we still have not decided completely on a girl name. After an appointment today which leads my Dr. to think I am going to have this baby early I figured I better get some input and quick.
 A little bit of background: Ann, Elizabeth, Hazel, and Johanna are all family names (Either grandma's first or Middle names). We like all the names listed below but are hesitant on a few things. 
We really like Elin- it's probably our favorite (We also had Claire on the list which I refuse to use because we found out it was my SIL's girl name choice if she ever had a girl...she had 4 boys and is done. I feel it would be a slap in the face to her). The problem with Elin is that we have a nephew named Ian (SIL's son). Our worry is that it is too close to Ian- we see my husbands family all the time as we all live close. 
We both like Meredith a lot....just not completely sold on it either. Hazel is my grandma's name- probably last on our list but we are still keeping it on the list especially if baby were to arrve on her birthday (October 12th) 
Phew that was long, sorry! Alright give me your input!

My turn for a poll- girl names, would love your input! 254 votes

Elin Elizabeth
26% 67 votes
Elin Ann
5% 15 votes
Meredith Ann
13% 35 votes
Meredith Johanna
16% 42 votes
Hazel Elizabeth
37% 95 votes

Re: My turn for a poll- girl names, would love your input!

• I voted Meredith Ann. I really like Elin but not with the middle names listed. Would prefer Elin Hazel. However I love Meredith and Johanna as first names too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Loading the player...
  • I like Ellen more than Elin.
  • hecklethecklet member
    edited September 2014
    darby17 said:
    I like Elin Elizabeth. But if you really like Claire - what if you asked your SIL about it. Since she's done, she may like having a niece with the name since she never got to use it.  Just a thought! Good luck!
    Yeah, I suppose. We are kind of thinking Claire is a little too popular now anyway. (I'm okay with moving on from this name, it's my husband who is more stuck on it!)
    I voted Meredith Ann. I really like Elin but not with the middle names listed. Would prefer Elin Hazel. However I love Meredith and Johanna as first names too.
    I never considered Elin Hazel, thanks for coming up with that! Don't know if my husband would go for it as it doesn't incoorporate any of his family members names but I will run it by him. :)
  • I love Johanna, so I'd prefer Elin Johanna :).  Elin Elizabeth is very pretty too, though.
    Yet another solid option. Glad I asked you all. I'm obvisouly not very creative when it comes to name combinations
  • Any Input on if you guys think Ian and Elin cousins who would see each other all the time would  be an issue or not?
  • Elin Elizabeth is beautiful!
  • the way I'm saying Elin and Ian make it not sound too close that it would be a problem.

(el-lyn and E-in)... I like that name... it sounds really great with any of those middle names actually

October TTGP Challenge- Villains
    Samara- The Ring
    *I may not be able to keep this all month
     the ring animated GIF
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was really torn between Meredith and Hazel. I voted Meredith, but I love them both.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I voted for Elin Elizabeth but I like Elin Hazel best, as pp suggested.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 911Diva said:

I love Hazel it is vintage and so pretty and not common. =]

It's actually pretty popular where I live. I think it's 55 on the list for 2013 girl names here
    Claire is 29 here
  • My vote is Meredith Ann. I don't love it with Johanna, but I do like this as a FN.
    Johanna Hazel?
  • Elin is beautiful. Love it with Elizabeth, think the alliteration Works really well. And I don't think you should worry about the closeness with Ian!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • CML11 said:

My vote is Meredith Ann. I don't love it with Johanna, but I do like this as a FN.
    Johanna Hazel?

Aww my grandmas name was Hazel Johanna. My husband is least keen on Johanna so it would never be an option for a first name
  • I love Hazel! I'm not fond of Elin and I wouldn't use a name that was so close to my nephew's name. I like Meredith too but not as much as Hazel.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• I like Elin Elizabeth best, but I would have voted for Elin Johanna if that were an option. Basically, I love the name Elin.

I personally don't think having cousins with similar sounding names is an issue.

• Thanks everyone for your input!
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    edited September 2014
    Elin Elizabeth or Hazel Elizabeth

Or Elin Hazel which are my two favourite names out of all the names you listed!!
  • Those are such great names!! Very tough pick but I chose Elin Elizabeth. I don't think it's too close to Ian.
  • macchiattomacchiatto member
    edited September 2014
    I love Meredith!! Meredith Johanna is lovely but both names are nice. Elin is an option too and I agree that Elin and Ian would be too close for siblings but OK for cousins.

Hazel has always had a very homely, unattractive sound to me; sorry. I know it gets a lot of love in some circles. It also makes me think of witch hazel.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"