August 2014 Moms
Options

How much effort do you make?

MC03MC03 member
edited September 2014 in August 2014 Moms
If you are so lucky to find time for a shower, and you know you aren't going anywhere that day (except maybe a quick trip to the store), how much effort do you make to get dressed?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

How much effort do you make? 209 votes

I just put on clean pajamas/yoga pants/t shirt
50% 106 votes
I wear real clothes but no makeup/ don't do my hair
23% 49 votes
I wear real clothes and do my hair, no makeup
10% 21 votes
I do it all: clothes, hair, makeup
9% 20 votes
SS
2% 5 votes
Show me the answers
3% 7 votes

Re: How much effort do you make?

• Options
    Usually I'll put on real clothes but sometimes it's yoga pants. Makeup and hair is only done if I care who I'm going to see
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put on jeans and some sort of shirt but no makeup or hair done. We usually get out the house daily.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    haliebabyx3haliebabyx3 member
    edited September 2014
    I picked SS. I change out of what I wore to bed which is underwear and a tank top. I usually just put on some yoga pants or soffee shorts and a tshirt. Today I fixed my hair but because we had a few people coming by, but I don't wear make up ever so I don't worry about that.

Eta just realized I missed the point that said yoga pants and all. How I missed it I have no idea.

• Options
    If I know my husband is around, I do it all. Today, he happens to be gone and I'm doing chores anyways so I just fixed my pony and put on clean clothes. I will probably shower this afternoon after cleaning.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wear real clothes but no makeup.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Pajamas, often mismatched. I don't even know what hair and makeup are anymore. 

Hell, to be honest, I'm not even sure what this "shower" is of which you speak. 
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    I voted real clothes - no hair or makeup, but this was me pre-baby too. I'm about as low maintenance as it gets

image    image
  • Options

potterowl said:

You missed the choice: I wear dirty pajamas or a dirty shirt bc if there is only a little spit up on it I say it is still fair game

This!
    Another vote right here.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options

I do it all most days.  Makeup is only some powder and mascara, hair is a ponytail...so not a huge deal! 

But...I am out of the house some of the time most days, now that my oldest is at pre-school 3 days a week.  Plus I usually run errands of some sort the other days. 

I've been a SAHM for awhile though...so this is my normal routine.  But...my mom called the other day and asked what I was doing and I answered "getting dressed."  It was 11AM.  This was a rare day at home though, so I was taking it easy!

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    Ponytail, nursing tank, tshirt over, no makeup

Unless we are going "out" as a family... then I'll get dressed and put in make up

• Options
    I try to go somewhere every day... But if the only destination is a walk, then it may be just a yoga pants day
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • Options
    I put comfy real clothes on, my hair in a bun and quick make up (bare minerals) cuz I've had some pimples and it makes me feel better, but I rarely go out, if it's just a walk then just yoga pants and a tee shirt
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My effort is slim to none. I consider a shower a big accomplishment at this point. When I go back to work in 1.5 months that will change, back to dresses and suits, ah!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I do it all hair/clothes/makeup. I have to get up with my daughter in the mornings to get her ready for school and I try to get in the shower while she's eating breakfast. Sometimes LO is still sleeping, sometimes he's not and I pull him into the bathroom with me in his RNP. I have skipped days and just put sweats on and no shower but I always feel like crap when I do. I feel more human when I actually get up and get ready even if I don't have to go anywhere but the bus stop. I think it actually puts me in a better mood.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    Pajamas everyday. Shower every two days. Change underwear everyday. Hair is always up in a messy bun.
    This.

• Options
    I live in sweats and yoga pants around the house. We haven't ventured out much but if we do, even just for a walk, I put on real clothes (which are limited as not much fits me 3 weeks PP :( ) Hair is always in a messy bun or pony tail and who has time for make up?! I'm lucky if have time to brush my teeth.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    I usually put on jeans, t shirt, hair in ponytail or bun, and minimal makeup...I feel weird without mascara, oddly enough, and I sometimes do lip gloss. But there are some days I stay in my pjs...clean underwear optional. :/

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Options
    Pants are sooo overrated.

• Options

I feel like a frumpy, lumpy, stinky mess 99% of the time and its getting me really down. So for the past week, I've made the extra effort to dress nicely, do my hair nice, and put on eye makeup and blush (I always wear face powder or lotion with SPF).  I haven't found a lipstick I can wear yet, so I've been slapping on chapstick, and it really seems to have made a difference in my mood.  I think I'm a better mother when I don't feel like this blobby ugly slob.

I know my husband appreciates the better mood me, even though he could care less what my appearance looks like.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Nursing sports bra and underwear. Shower every other day. Occasionally I'll throw on a pair of Soffes or if I'm feeling really adventurous a light tank top.

• Options
    I do yoga or jogging pants. I try to look decent when I go get DD at daycare but my hair is falling out like crazy now so it's ponytail all the time. Before kids I never left the house without makeup. I'll do my makeup and wear real clothes when we go out as a family on weekends.
  • Options
    I wear cozy clothes because of my CS incision, but always do hair and makeup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"