July 2013 Moms

AW your books here!!

MrsGiantPenisMrsGiantPenis member
edited September 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Answer these questions please!

1. What is LO favorite book? Favorite kind of book? (Noise making, pretty pictures, flap book, lots of words for mom to read)

2. Do you enjoy reading/have time to read/would you like a book for yourself? If yes, include your favorite book/type of book.

3. Random fun question - what is the strangest book you own? (Could be cook book, romance novel, funny check book, photo book etc)

If anyone thinks of better questions feel free to let me know!

Names have been drawn!!

I'm drawing names when K finally falls asleep. I'm hoping in 15 minutes but it will probably be an hour. JOIN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!

Re: AW your books here!!

• Loading the player...
  • edited September 2014
    I like my person.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I got my person! Im excited!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay! Everyone update your wishlists!
  • Yay! Everyone update your wishlists!

I need to do this! I'm internetting (not a word) from my phone until my new wireless router arrives on Saturday
    :-q everything is so much more difficult from the phone, ugh!
  • I am exciteddddd!!!
  • Are we doing any sort of questionnaire thing this time?
  • my person opens up so many fun possibilities :D
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• 1. What is LO favorite book? Favorite kind of book? (Noise making, pretty pictures, flap book, lots of words for mom to read)

Meredith loves all board books. She loves peek-a-boo flap books, but rips them too quickly. Her all-time favorite book is "Little Blue Truck" because mom makes silly animal and truck noises.

2. Do you enjoy reading/have time to read/would you like a book for yourself? If yes, include your favorite book/type of book.

I love to read, but usually borrow free EBooks from the local library on my Kindle. Rather than spending money on a book for me, I would prefer a list of your favorite books so that I can put them on my "to read" list.

Recent books that I have enjoyed: Sookie Stackhouse series, Gone Girl, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.

3. Random fun question - what is the strangest book you own? (Could be cook book, romance novel, funny check book, photo book etc)

The Twilight series.
  • dinomama13dinomama13 member
    edited September 2014
    1. Jae loves board books! He enjoys tearing up paper page books so I read them to him but dont let him handle them too much. He also really likes books with texture and things to touch.

2. I LOVE reading! Always have. I mostly read young adult novels, sci fi & fantasy. Last book I finished was The Giver & I'm currently reading If I Stay. I've been wanting to read The Maze Runner. I would prefer Jae get a book over me though :)

3. The strangest book I own is some sex book from Spencers DH and I bought a few years ago. Cant remember the name.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• I added a bunch of books to my wish list to make it nice and easy for whoever gets me ;)

imageimageimage

• 1. Haddock doesn't really care. He thinks all books are fun. I like funny and random, not everyday or ordinary books for him :) he'd rather me just read Dr. Seuss books all day which get old after a while.

2. I haven't made time to read much of anything aside from the bump. Books for Haddy only, please. Is that a rude suggestion @somerandomchick ? ;)

3. I honestly can't think of anything and Haddock keeps trying to grab my phone. So, bye :)
  • 1. What is LO favorite book? Favorite kind of book? (Noise making, pretty pictures, flap book, lots of words for mom to read)

E's favorite books are Brown Bear, Brown Bear; Dr. Suess' ABCs; Monster at the End of the Book and Good Night Owl.  She loves to 'read' board books on her own.  She has a few flap books but tends to rip those up.  She also has a subscription to the 'Hello' magazine - loves them.

I love to read.  I devour books.  I used to be able to read a book within 12 hours....obviously, with a toddler in the house, I've had to slow down.  Because of that, I'm kind of into YA books right now as they are quick and easy reads.

I own a seductive cooking book.  It has recipes that will make your partner horny.  Supposedly.
  • 1. LO loves Snappy Colors, books with texture/sounds/flaps. She loves animals and will Point to dogs/cats in books.

2. I love to read,but haven't really had time. I prefer a book for LO over myself since DH travels 5 days/week. LO's stuff gets more use.

3. Idk. Have to think about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. What is LO favorite book? Favorite kind of book?
    Depends on her mood. Flap books are a big hit for bedtime. Noise making in the morning. As far as books she consistently holds under her parents' noses (with an insistent "MAAAH")...can not discern any preference.

2. Do you enjoy reading/have time to read/would you like a book for yourself?
    Another big local library ebook fan here. But always open to something I absolutely MUST read.

3. Random fun question - what is the strangest book you own?
    A book on donkey husbandry. I don't own any donkeys.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• DD loves the Dr Seuss books (I'll wish for any we don't have) and simple board books. We don't really have any touch and feel books except for a Sophie one so anything like that would be cool! Our book collection isn't huge really so you should be pretty safe.

I don't have tons of time to read but I do love my kindle for when I do have time. Books for LO are just fine. :)

Not sure on the strangest book...
  • Will update later but on my goodreads (link in siggy), Alex has a book shelf of books we own, named Alex.
    There is also a shelf labeled books-to-buy-babe, all books we don't own but would like to.

Also I love to read but am cool with not getting a book if you don't want to send me one.
  • LO loves board books! Because he can "work" them!

I like to read but added some sarcastic adult books to my list (go the f@& to sleep!) ! I sew more than anything in my spare time!

I'm a teacher so I have a ton of books weird and not weird! I can't think of anything strange right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • littlelegslolittlelegslo member
    edited September 2014
    Im so excited
    1. LO likes books but he's in the ripping stage so maybe soft or hard to rip books are still best? If that's a thing.
    2. I like any kind of book really.
    3. Not too strangebut I own the happiness project and re read it a lot and I also own a book called pidgin to the max that DH got for me when I first started dating him. It's all about pidgin slang. Pretty funny.
    H born 07/02/2013
  • 1. What is LO favorite book? Favorite kind of book? (Noise making, pretty pictures, flap book, lots of words for mom to read)  She likes all the books right now :)

2. Do you enjoy reading/have time to read/would you like a book for yourself? If yes, include your favorite book/type of book. While I dont read much...I would :)  I can probably name every book I have read since high school as well as count them on 2 hands.  I loved Pride and Prejudice.  I also read a fan fiction sequel that I loved.  I watch a lot of Investigation Discovery and true crime series so maybe something along those lines.

3. Random fun question - what is the strangest book you own? (Could be cook book, romance novel, funny check book, photo book etc)    While its a favorite of mine, I have Marilyn Manson's biography.  Or maybe The Wisconsin Road Guide to Haunted Locations.

His favorite book as of right now is a color book so it has a ton of pictures on it so he can point to them. He also loves Dr. Seuss. Oh and Pajama Time is a favorite. Really he loves all the books. :D

I love reading but don't do it often. I have a hard time just picking out a book for myself....sounds weird. I think I would be into anything really. No help....sorry X_X

Michael Feldman Wisconsin Curiosities. It highlights all the strange places in the state. :) 

• @Stacey099 Could put together quite the road trip with our Wisconsin books ;)
  • 1. Wyatt love touch and feel books and anything with trucks or big machines.

2. I love to read when I get the time. I have a goodreads account with the books I have read and would like to read. I'm also always up for something new.

3. The weirdest books, i guess all of DHs Law enforcement books from college.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. Livvy loves the books with things to touch, i.e. soft puppy, squashy nose, etc.

2. I am an avid reader! Mysteries and cheesy romance novels are my favorite guilty-pleasure reads.

3. I still own a bunch of my college Poli-Sci books, which I guess isn't weird, but I sometimes get nostalgic for college and re-read them. (and my corresponding color-coded notes) Early FFFC? :-/
  • fabk said:

Will update later but on my goodreads (link in siggy), Alex has a book shelf of books we own, named Alex.
    There is also a shelf labeled books-to-buy-babe, all books we don't own but would like to.

Also I love to read but am cool with not getting a book if you don't want to send me one.

Eta- 1. Alex loves all the books. He seems to really enjoy once that force me to sing or rhyme.
    2. Big time reader.
    3. I have about 35 The Babysitters Club books. I started recollecting them a few years ago and pick more up every chance I get.
    Finn is all hands and loves books with lots of textures and pages he can flip easily. He doesn't necessarily like me to read to him.

I love to read and though I don't do a ton of it, I'll read during slow work nights.

The Kama Sutra. Just kidding. How boring.
    ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• 1. What is LO favorite book? Favorite kind of book?

Ezra loves Noodle the Panda books, any multi-sensory experience books, and books prompt his Mom to make humiliating noises.

I just love to read. I used to read at least two tangible books at any given moment, before my little man was born. Since then, the most reading I do is on my phone. Though, thanks to my kindle, that's quickly changing.

3. Random fun question - what is the strangest book you own? (Could be cook book, romance novel, funny check book, photo book etc.

"Pets with Tourette's" For an example, see pic below:

photo 4e45a05e-3ae9-47cc-8426-add6bb675340_zps983d487a.jpg
                photo d2dcf996-bfd5-4c24-9964-9fec17650083_zpsa207334b.png               

• I'm so excited!!

1. Eli's favorite books are all the books! He loves flaps, music, touch and feel, any.

2. I love to read, just don't have much time for it. I'd love a good book though! My favorites are easy chick books (since I don't have time for deep stuff) but I love anything really.

3. I don't know if I have any strange books?? If I don't like a book or cookbook I usually sell or donate it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited September 2014
    1. What is LO favorite book? Favorite kind of book? (Noise making, pretty pictures, flap book, lots of words for mom to read)

She loves all books. She even will thumb through mine and pretend to read. (See picture of her reading "This Is Where I Leave You.") I have updated our wish list for ideas for her! She is also really into animals right now.

I love to read. The last two books I read were "Gone Girl" and "This Is Where I Leave You." It takes me longer to read things these days but I am open to anything. Like someone else said- if there's a book you read that you loved I don't mind a used copy! I'm also totally great if you just want to concentrate on just Alexa.

3. Random fun question - what is the strangest book you own? (Could be cook book, romance novel, funny check book, photo ...

I have a someecards book that is pretty funny... It's random, don't know if it's strange...

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"