January 2014 Moms

CIO + sibling = ?

Those doing the CIO method that have other kids, are the other kids affected? DD wakes up about 3 times a week in the MOTN. I'm getting sick of it bc it's usually when we have to wake up early and it takes me at least an hour to fall back to sleep. However, DS is sleeping right next door to her room and I don't want him waking up. I tried waiting 15 mins and went in twice. Thought she fell asleep, but she didn't. I finally got up the 3rd time and fed her bc H needed to sleep and DS is a bear if he doesn't get enough sleep. Just wondering what you all think.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: CIO + sibling = ?

• Has the little on ever actually woken up her brother? My kids are deep sleepers, and their crying has not affected the other.
  • Our kids now have separate rooms because DD would hang on DS's crib and keep him awake, plus now she can climb into it.

DS goes in his crib at 8 and we let him CIO. He's usually asleep in 5 - 10 minutes. DD goes to her bed at 8:30. Honestly she wakes up more then he does. If he wakes up, I make a bottle and he puts himself back to sleep. He doesn't usually wake DD up. DD "wakes up" from what we believe are night terrors. She's not awake, but her eyes are open and if you touch her she screams louder and swings at you (talking to the doc today at her well visit).

Anyways, sorry I rambled. DS does not wake up DD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Has the little on ever actually woken up her brother? My kids are deep sleepers, and their crying has not affected the other.
    Just once at 2:30 and he didn't want to go back to bed. It was a school night, too. Womp womp. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • @SandFHasse - I hear that's common. My friend's son does the same thing. She just guides him back to his room and doesn't say anything. He's 3. I believe he's still sleeping as well. 

• My boys' rooms are directly across from each other. DS1 is normally a pretty heavy sleeper, but has woken up when DS2 is crying over night. It's the biggest reason I haven't started sleep training DS2 yet. Having them both awake and crying in the MOTN is the worst!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It woke ds1 up the first night, but then hasn't since.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• We don't CIO, but DS1 sleeps through DD's night terrors. Both older kids have slept through DS2 crying. We cosleep with all 3 kids (the older two are on mattresses next to ours) and they all sleep through all sorts of noise. If your DS hasn't woken up to her screaming yet, it is likely he's a fairly deep sleeper.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • We use noise machines for both kids. While we haven't done CIO, he has definitely had crying bouts while she's been asleep. They share a wall but she hasn't been affected yet.

• Oh  man this is post makes me nervous for baby #2. Having 2 crying in the moth would be the worst!
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"