Pregnant after a Loss

Heartbeat Slowed *Update*

Murray01753Murray01753 member
edited September 2014 in Pregnant after a Loss
Last week (5w6d) I saw the heartbeat at my weekly ultrasound appointment and i could see it clearly and my RE verified it looked awesome. This week (6w5d) at my appointment she said the growth is right on track but the heartbeat is slow. I asked her what the rate was and she said she only does visual measurements this early so didn't have the heartrate but just that it was slow. She pointed out the heartbeat to me and I could see it, but not like last week. I have another u/s next Friday which is going to make this week go so slow. Has anyone else had this happen and if so, what was the outcome?

*Update*

Although I had an awful feeling about the outcome all week, it didn't make it any easier when my fears were confirmed this morning. There was no more heartbeat :-(

Re: Heartbeat Slowed *Update*

• No experience, but sending T&P your way! 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I guess I'm confused by the "visual measurement". Does that mean she just looks at it? That doesn't sound terribly accurate to me. And if it's been a whole week since your last scan how does she accurately remember what your particular baby's HB looked like? Even that early on my doctor always did an actual BPM measurement.

I wouldn't count yourself out at all at this point. Since the growth was on track that would make me feel pretty good. I hope you have a great u/s next week!
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your kind words. My dr. didn't guess at the rate but I'll hold out hope for my next appointment. It's the worst living from appointment to appointment...
  • Since you asked for experience, With my last pregnancy, we saw a hb at 7 weeks that was perfect (I believe it was in the 150-160s but can't remember the exact number) but I was measuring 5 days behind. I had been lightly spotting the entire time but after the u/s the spotting got heavier and heavier. I went back 2 days later and the hb dropped to 91. They confirmed the mc the next week.

However, If you're growth is on track and you aren't bleeding at all, I would try to remain optimistic. Especially since they are just going by sight and not BPM. I hope your u/s next week goes perfectly and LO is doing great!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image  image

TTC #1 since January 2013

BFP #1: April 5, 2013; EDD December 11, 2013; Missed M/C May 15, 2013

BFP #2: February 17, 2014; EDD October 30, 2014; M/C March 15, 2014

BFP #3: August 1, 2014; EDD April 14, 2015 - Praying for our RAINBOW!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My re/ob always actually measured the heartbeat. If over 100 wouldn't worry about it. From one appointment to another my lo heart rate went from 158 to 128, dr wasn't concerned! Hope that helps! Good luck and keep hope!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Thinking of you this week. Hope the news next week is good.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Murray01753Murray01753 member
    edited September 2014

I hope you get good news at the next appointment. Did the doctor seem concerned? Hugs.

My doctor didn't seem overly concerned but she didn't seem overly optimistic either.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"