January 2014 Moms
Options

Enterovirus D68 and daycare

When I picked DD up from daycare last night she said they were instituting some new policies due to EV-D68. Everyone is to use hand sanitizer immediately before and after entering and all kids will have temperatures taken at drop off. Any temperature over 100.5 and they can't stay. She seemed to indicate she received some sort of official notification to start these procedures due to a confirmed case in a nearby city.

Has anyone else's daycare made any changes due to EV-D68?

FTR I think these polcies are fine although I'm more worried about the kid who was contagious yesterday but not running a fever just yet.

Re: Enterovirus D68 and daycare

• Options
    itsmeally said:
    I feel like hand sanitizer should be used before and after entering regardless of EV-D68 or not!
    This is a policy at our center. You sanitize when you walk in the door of the center, and in infant rooms you remove your shoes and go wash your hands when you enter the room.

We haven't had new policies but 1. there are no cases close by and 2. I feel like our center does almost everything they can, short of taking temps when you enter the building. HFM roared through in July/August (also caused by a different enterovirus) and they did extra deep cleans during the week until waiting until the weekend. (Everything is cleaned overnight usually, but on weekends extra things are sanitized and they have a more specialized cleaning company come through.)

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options
    We haven't had a change, but I'd support it since the virus was just documented in our state now too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok, I feel dumb. I have not heard of this virus yet. What is it? What states is it in?
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"