December 2014 Moms

Got sick

I got sick very bad sore throat, with a combination of sneezing constantly and of course can't sleep! Help what can I take ??

Re: Got sick

• Agreed with Tylenol. Give your doc a call to ask, too. When I was sick this summer, I was able to also take Benedryl and do the Neti pot. Feel better!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• Loading the player...
  • If your doc didn't give you a list of "safe medications", give them a call. Being pregnant and sick is miserable! I'm on day 5 of a cold over here. I can't wait for it to vacate my body!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • pfarmand said:
    I got sick very bad sore throat, with a combination of sneezing constantly and of course can't sleep! Help what can I take ??
    Check the "Safe List" that your medical professional gave you.  Also place a call to the office. 

Test
  • Check with your doctor of course, but when I was down with it they gave Tylenol the thumbs up and Benedryl if I wasn't sleeping.  Despite my despair over not being able to go my usual DayQuil route, they both helped a lot.
    Feel better!

• I had the same thing this week.  All I could take was Tylenol.  Double check your safe list and see what the doc says.  I hope you feel better. 

• I got sick too, I survive off honey mixed with cinnamon. And drink lots of tea with lemon.
  • Im so paranoid of taking anything. I havent had one tylenol or sip of other medication this whole pregnancy and i agree getting sick and not taking anything really does suck!! I got over it but it took forever. Id definatly talk to your doc first :)
  • I just posted my doc's "safe list" on another thread, but here it is. Check with your doc if you're unsure.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A spoonful of honey is sometimes just as soothing as cough stuff. I was doing shots info honey when I was sick last month, tho it was more cough than sore.

If your throat hurts, gargle salt water or a mix of baking soda and orange juice (gargle, don't drink). I know it's gross, but it's a classic singer's trick for sore throat.
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"