August 2013 Moms

Won't drink whole milk or any milk from a cup!!!!

So I'm trying to start and ween DD from nursing. She was strictly breast feed and never took the bottle when we tried. She went straight to drinking water from a straw cup. So I've tried whole milk in a straw cup, sippy cup, cup with no straw, and a bottle...she won't drink it at all, even if I warm it up....so our dr said to slowly mix breast milk with whole milk to get her used to the taste slowly...well she won't even take breast milk plain from any form of cup, cold or warm either...so someone told me to try soy milk, same reaction...dd straight out refuses to drink anything other than water out of cups! WHAT DO I DO?!? I am not nursing her forever! Lol
Did anyone else have this issue????

Best Answers

Re: Won't drink whole milk or any milk from a cup!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • DD1 didn't have any interest in cow's milk until she was like 18 months old. 

DD2 won't really drink it at this point, either. 

I just offer it every once and awhile and leave it at that. As long as your LO is eating a balanced diet she doesn't NEED cow's milk. I wouldn't stress over it. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so glad I'm not alone on this! We went cold turkey and only offered milk in a sippy for 3 days. He literally did not drink anything for 3 days. (We use almond milk) but here's the kicker, he pumps 2 8 oz bottles of almond milk a day! One right after he wakes up and the other at bedtime. He's lactose intolerant so I guess we'll be on bottles for at least another month or two :/

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"