January 2015 Moms

dreams of babys looks?

I'm currently pregnant, due in January. And I keep having dreams of me with my baby and I can see all the features in great detail... Are there any second time moms out there who had dreams or visions of what they baby will look like, and they were accurate after baby was born? Or is it just a dream no meaning attached?

Re: dreams of babys looks?

• When I was pregnant with DS I had similar dreams, and I think they were just dreams of what I wanted him to look like versus how he actually looks. That being said, I always pictured him with my eyes and brown hair (which he has both) I didn't expect him to look like a mini version of me though (he is the spitting boy image of myself) it's a bit creepy but cool! Now I'm afraid my second one (also a boy) will look like a mini version of DH and DS and this LO will look nothing alike! I guess we will find out in January!
  • Haha yes first time around I dreamed of myself carrying a baby boy with very distinct features. I had this dream a bunch of times and hadn't found out the sex so was CONVINCED it was a boy and that I had tapped into some intuition voodoo. Well, she was very much a girl that looked NOTHING like the little boy in my dreams. Good life lesson
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I both thought, and I had dreams of, our baby girl with his blue eyes and my brown hair. We figured she would be petite like her mama too. So in reality my DD is a mini DH!! Blonde hair, blue eyes, tall, and with his eyes, nose, mouth, chin and dimples. But she got my attitude! Yippee!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • 4littlebears4littlebears member
    edited September 2014
    With my first I had a dream my baby looked just like my brother when he was a kid. Well, my son was born with the same hair and eye color as my brother and I, and looks a lot like me so it wasn't far off!
  • I had a dream early on, very vivid, of a brown eyed, brown haired baby girl (with a healthy head of hair). It was so clear it shook me, but baby is a boy. I guess he could still look like my dream, we'll see. If he's anything like me when I was a baby though he's going to be bald for a solid two years!

My mom on the other hand has often told me she dreamed of me shortly before i was born, and when she met me for the first time she recognized me from her dream. I think that's pretty sweet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had one dream that my baby was born with pretty long curly black hair. You can see from my signature that it wasn't the case.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Stargirlb said:

Haha yes first time around I dreamed of myself carrying a baby boy with very distinct features. I had this dream a bunch of times and hadn't found out the sex so was CONVINCED it was a boy and that I had tapped into some intuition voodoo. Well, she was very much a girl that looked NOTHING like the little boy in my dreams. Good life lesson

@stargirlb are you sure your baby wasn't intersexed in the dream?
    I LoVE your ongoing jokes ;)
  • I have dreamed about this baby the last two nights. First dream he was a girl with long blond hair (we already known he's a boy), and I was pissed because for some reason I didn't get to meet him/her until he was 2/3 months old (does that count as intersex?). Last night I dreamed he was a boy, again with blonde hair and very fair skin. The whole dream was about trying to sleep and both kids constantly being crying and being awake (can you tell what I've been worried about lately).

I think if I had a blonde and fair skinned child my Dominican husband would have some questions for me, haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a very vivid dream that my baby was a black cat. I had to breastfeed said cat every hour. Do you think my dream means my baby will be a feline?

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• @TXUltraRunner - I had a similar dream - but the baby was a puppy who looked like my dog. I was crying b/c I got a puppy and not a human. 
  • @TXUltraRunner - I had a similar dream - but the baby was a puppy who looked like my dog. I was crying b/c I got a puppy and not a human. 
    The sad part is that in my dream I was exstatic that it was a cat because I knew how to care for a cat! HAHAHAHA

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• I had dreamed almost ten years before I was ever pregnant that I had a little girl with the bluest eyes ever and blonde ringlets I was convinced I would have a daughter that looked like her. well ten years later I indeed had a girl ... born with a black afro lol idk where that came from so I thought ok was just a crazy random dream... 6 months after she was born her hair fell out and in came these gorgeous blonde ringlets and at 2 she turned and looked at me one day and she was the exact kid I had seen. my next too were similar I knew what they would look like. knew my second would look like her father with his ginger hair  and knew my last one would be next to albino lol ..... this one though I have no idea what hes going to look like!
  • My dreams of the baby have always been a girl and we are having a girl! Her looks change though. Before we knew the sex she looked just like my best friend (who actually looks just like my DH) blonde hair and blue eyes. Now she looks more like me with dark brown hair and blue eyes. We'll see!!
  • Nothing to add on the dreams, but @jmcmoe, WTF is going on in your siggy pic? Let me just rest my pregnant belly on my husband's naked balls. I think you win the Sept siggy awkward maternity pic contest. ( I realize that's not you, just to be clear).
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• I also saw @jmcmoe 's siggy pic the other day and LOL'd. It's the best. Clear winner, IMO.
  • I REALLY hope those dreams aren't accurate because my husband had one and the baby (couldn't tell sex in dream) had 10 eyeballs scattered around his/her face. (I'm not actually kidding at all here).

Haha I can say from experience that these dreams are NOT accurate! When I was pregnant with my DS, I had a reoccurring dream that every time I gave birth he was really, really teeny tiny. Like the size of a Polly Pocket doll. So weird. Thank goodness these creepy dreams don't come true!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I dreamt that baby # 2 looked EXACTLY like B. And, this was before I even knew we were having another girl. I've had some crazy pregnancy dreams.. but that one may have topped them all.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Stupid hormone dreams. Mine are very realistic, but never actually real (as far as how the baby actually looks once born). 
  • I've had dreams about my babies, but don't really remember what any of them looked like. Weird?
    Anyway, when we found out that DS2 was a boy, we couldn't decide on a name, and I had a dream that his name was Levi. We hadn't even discussed that name, but I woke up and loved it. Texted DH that I wanted to name him Levi, and whadya know, he loved it too! DS2's name is Levi, and we both still love it.
    Now I sure wish I could get some dream inspiration for this baby's name because we can't decide!
  • When DH and I began dating, I had a dream of our daughter and then another dream with our daughter and an older son.  They were definitely our kids but the ones we actually conceived looked nothing like the ones in my dream.  The boy in my dream was older than the girl, yet we had a girl first.  He had bleach blonde, straight hair and blue eyes.  He was basically me in boy form.  His skin was rather fair, like mine.  Our actual son had golden brown hair (born with a cm of it at 28 weeks gestation) and although we never could tell what color his eyes were, I imagine they were going to be hazel like DH's. He also had DH's olive complexion.  

The girl in my dreams was about 3.  She had olive skin and hazel eyes, and her hair was golden brown with ringlets down her back.  She looked just like DH but was stunningly beautiful.  Our actual daughter looks like my mini-me except she has hazel eyes.  Her hair is very blonde and still incredibly short.  She was bald from birth until she was 18 months old, lol!  She has beautiful hair, but it's barely past her shoulders, much less down her back, haha!  

This baby seems to have the same profile as our son so I wonder if she'll look like the little girl from my dreams so many years ago.  If she continues to look like our little boy, it's definitely possible.  It just depends on how fast her hair grows and what color it is! 
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• I've had dreams about my babies, but don't really remember what any of them looked like. Weird?
    Anyway, when we found out that DS2 was a boy, we couldn't decide on a name, and I had a dream that his name was Levi. We hadn't even discussed that name, but I woke up and loved it. Texted DH that I wanted to name him Levi, and whadya know, he loved it too! DS2's name is Levi, and we both still love it.
    Now I sure wish I could get some dream inspiration for this baby's name because we can't decide!

This is how my sister was named too! My mom had a dream while she was pregnant that she had girl and her name was Olivia. At the time of the dream, my mom didn't know the sex so when she gave birth to a baby girl she knew that she wanted to name her Olivia.

I hope I have some dream inspiration as well because we have no idea what this LO name is going to be! Plus I think it makes for a really great story :)

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"