Parenting
Options

Fucking head lice

Second time in less than a year. Ugh. I should probably start drinking.

Re: Fucking head lice

• Options
    There's already been a case in DS's class and he's only on week three. FU lice!

• Options
    TheBubTheBub member
    edited September 2014
    DS had it bad a couple of weeks ago. DD just had a few bugs and the eggs. His went on longer I think because he could shower and get himself ready without my help.

I got rid of it in about four days with TONS of combing and bedding washing. I made the kids sleep in a concoction of dish soap, olive oil, and tea tree oil with do rags on their heads. I've been spraying their heads with tea tree oil before school. They hate it, but I doubt they hate it as much as the combing. DD gets braids. I was sick to my stomach for two weeks after waiting for them to resurface.

I had never dealt with it before and went crazy cleaning everything. I "cooked" their bedding in the dryer for 20 mins everyday for a week. I also cut DS's hair a lot shorter. It was luxurious and I was sad, but he's actually cuter shorter!

I have heard of quite a few kids at different schools around us having it. I narrowed it down to three possible places that he could have gotten it, but it doesn't matter because it is so common.

Good luck, and yes...FUCKING LICE!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I see how it happens. The nits are SO TINY. A parent could think that they've gotten them all out, but left a few and didn't recheck the hair. 1-2 weeks later it starts all over.

In five days, I combed and picked and separated DD's hair no less than 12 times. I'm talking sectioned it off and checked literally every strand of hair. And washing all of the bedding and toys and quarantining toys and other items. It was HORRIBLE.

This thread is making me itchy.

• Options
    @PrivacyWanted‌ Yes, DS's school said that he couldn't have live bugs, but could still have eggs and be able to return to school.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"