October 2014 Moms

NBR: Free Kittens (Just Kidding)

MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
edited September 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Found momma and four tiny babies tonight. GOT THEM ALL (the babies). They are going to the local no kill shelter to be socialized and homed. So far, we've TNRed 3 adults, found 2 kittens a home (they are together! ), 1 is in a foster home now being socialized, and these four will be going once we use them as "bait" to get their mom for TNR. We are still trying to get two other strays homed/TNRed if possible.

It's been the summer of CATS.

imageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Free Kittens (Just Kidding)

• OMG I want to bring them home!!!!
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Those are some.cute freaking kittens.
  • I want them all!

• Ugh typos. But kittens!
  • DH says I could be a cat lady but I just love all animals in general, I'm a turtle stopper and relocater and I keep a can of dog and cat food in my car for strays that are simply looking for food! And those kitties are so damn cute, good luck catching mom!!
  • Stinking cute!!!! Makes me miss having cats

• Adorable, there were two kittens on my porch about a month ago. I was going to take them to the no kill shelter but since my kids seen them needless to say they are still with us :)
  • They are so cute! I want them all!

Me- 36 DH- 40 ***TTC since 1/13

BFP #1 - 4/3/13 *** EDD 12/13/13 ***M/C 4/12/13 @5wks 1 day

BFP#2 - 1/29/14 ***EDD 10/11/14

It's a GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Aww, they are so cute - I want to adopt them all. I completely identify with what you are doing and think its just awesome!!! Years ago, we rescued a litter of kittens when I was in college and one became my cat. The rest we helped find homes. Then after that when I was living in Brooklyn, there was a mama cat who had her kittens in our yard. I got one of the local no kill shelters to come over and help me (I gave a donation to them to get the help) trap the kittens and we even managed to get the mama - we were going to TNR her, but then the woman who took her in temporarily as a foster home connected with her and adopted her - turned out she was really docile - I'm guessing she wasn't truly feral and had maybe been recently abandoned.

Anyways -so great what you're doing!!!

Lilypie - (urRB)

• Mom is lurking around them in the driveway... But she hasn't gone in the other trap yet...
  • Adorable kittens! Thank you for all your hard work catching and finding them homes. It's touching to see someone who loves animals so much.
        Super Hero 8/12/11     Baby Girl EDD 10/16/14

• Oh, I want want want them!!

I always tell myself that kittens that cute will be easy to get adopted...so that I don't break down and become the crazy cat lady with millions of cats.
    imageimage
  • They are adorable! And you are an amazing person for what you do. The world needs more people like you.
    imageimage
  • My hormones are making me crazy: I can't stop looking at the pictures!! I really want the gray and orange one!!! Kitten craving is a pregnancy thing, right?! :x
    imageimage

• Emerald27 said:

My hormones are making me crazy: I can't stop looking at the pictures!! I really want the gray and orange one!!! Kitten craving is a pregnancy thing, right?! :x

I'm beginning to think so!  We got a new kitten during each of my pregnancies, LOL!

We got one cat (well, he came to our door) two months before I got pregnant with DS, and we found the other one when I was about 7 months pregnant. Cats are kind of a baby thing in this house too! But DH says no more... :(
    imageimage
  • They are all adorable!!! What a lucky feral cat population to have you around Purp. :)
  • Emerald27 said:
    Oh, I want want want them!! I always tell myself that kittens that cute will be easy to get adopted...so that I don't break down and become the crazy cat lady with millions of cats.
    That is exactly what I tell myself. Especially these small ones--they will be easily tamed and homed. I never adopt less than 5/6 months. I normally adopt at least 1 year old. You know their personalities that way, and plus, they are still young, but you know next to a fluffy kitten, they might not have had a chance.
  • Update: Mom never came into the trap. :\

We will still try to get her, but the kittens were taken to the shelter this morning to be vetted. I just don't want mom getting knocked up all over again. 
  • Omg they are fluffy. How cute
  • SPurp13 said:

Update: Mom never came into the trap. :\

We will still try to get her, but the kittens were taken to the shelter this morning to be vetted. I just don't want mom getting knocked up all over again. 
    Oh no!! Not even food and water or something will get her into the trap? :(

...and now I'm sad thinking of the mama cat worrying about her babies. Pregnancy does this to my brain.
    imageimage
  • Emerald27 said:

Oh no!! Not even food and water or something will get her into the trap? :( ...and now I'm sad thinking of the mama cat worrying about her babies. Pregnancy does this to my brain.
    We tried tuna, we tried wet cat food, dry cat food. She will not go.

And I openly wept this morning. She stayed BESIDE them all night and all morning. But would NOT go in.

The bigger issue is that we need her spayed so this doesn't happen again, but the other issue is, obviously, she needs to be with those kittens. They are too young to be away from her. They are borderline, and someone can feed them, and they will life, but. It's not the best case scenario.
  • Emerald27Emerald27 member
    edited September 2014
    SPurp13 said:

Emerald27 said:

SPurp13 said:

Oh no!! Not even food and water or something will get her into the trap? :(

...and now I'm sad thinking of the mama cat worrying about her babies. Pregnancy does this to my brain.

We tried tuna, we tried wet cat food, dry cat food. She will not go.

And I openly wept this morning. She stayed BESIDE them all night and all morning. But would NOT go in.

The bigger issue is that we need her spayed so this doesn't happen again, but the other issue is, obviously, she needs to be with those kittens. They are too young to be away from her. They are borderline, and someone can feed them, and they will life, but. It's not the best case scenario.

------------------------------
    ((Hugs)) When we found our orange kitty (see randoms thread for pic), he was very very young, and I was pregnant with DS so super hormonal. I saw him at the garbage dump and used a piece of white bread torn up and tossed to him to get close enough to snatch him. The dump manager guy said that someone had trapped the mom and babies but this one was left behind. I couldn't believe he didn't care!!

Took him to the vet and they said he was 4-6 weeks old, so not really ready to wean. We gave him special high-calorie food and he would sleep in our other cat's faux sheep's wool bed, pawing at it and purring like it was his mama. That made me SOB because I was like "this baby NEEDS his mama!" Poor DH...

As soon as our two cats really met, the older gray cat sort of became mom to the orange one. They were inseparable, and the gray one would clean him and snuggle him. It all worked out fine, and they're super happy best friends.

Anyway, long story short, I've cried over kittens and their mamas and the unfairness of it all, but they do ok. :)
    imageimage
  • Aww I want one!!! I would end up the crazy cat lady. I want to love them all!!!

View Full Size Image
  • GUISE. WE CAUGHT THE MOMMA! She can go to the foster home to be with her kittens until they can be properly weened!!! Then, they will spay her and return her for release, but. At least I know it's one more spayed, and she will be able to be with the kittens another few weeks.

TEARS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"