Pre-School and Daycare

Stuffy nose drama

My 3-year-old gets INCREDIBLY upset when she has a stuffy nose.  She'll sniff obsessively, wipe her nose with the back of her hand, cry, and say "my nose!  MY NOSE!!" but she won't let me do a single thing to actually help get the boogers out.  In theory she knows how to blow her own nose, and she's done it before, but now she refuses.  I've tried rolled up tissue stuffed in there, a q-tip, bulp syringe, nosefrida, and just the mention of any of those sends her into hysterics.  Any other ideas?  Is there something I'm missing?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Stuffy nose drama

• Humidifier in her room can help. We turn everything into a game with DS1 - can he blow louder than daddy? It makes him focus on the game instead of the annoyance.
  • How about saline drops? These always seem to help my kids.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain! DD would get the same way. The other posters have good suggestions. The saline drops never worked well for us, but the saline spray worked. DD hated the spray, but it worked. DD also wanted immediate and complete relief so she often complained about the above mentioned methods even when they seemed to help a little. Now that DD is older it isn't as bad. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i dont know if you are OK with this, but this works for my DD when she has a stuffy nose drama. I put in a small atomizer a xim of rubbing alcohol with drops of eucalyptus oil. I spray that on the part of her clothing where she could mildly smell it. and thenshe is fine. I also use aromatherapy in our house where i use pepper mint infused oil or eucalyptus

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"