October 2012 Moms

2nd Birthday Parties

Are you all having a 2nd Birthday Party? I am on the fence if I just want to invite family over for dinner and cake or if I want to plan something and invite all our friends, their kids and the family. So O12 what are you doing to celebrate our little ones turning 2?

Re: 2nd Birthday Parties

• Since DS's birthday is on a Thursday, we will do cake and ice cream, maybe a few light apps. Only inviting my parents, sisters and their families and DH's mom. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We are thinking about taking the kids to the zoo for the day and then cake at home. No parties.
  • I want to do a small party this year since she's old enough to be excited about it. Undecided as to who will be invited. I'm thinking we will do a family party at my parents with my parents, brothers, sister and the ILs. My parents house is so not kid-friendly, so no friends. Which is a bummer. R is a social butterfly and would love some other toddlers. Our house is way too small though... Decisions, decisions.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Dh's sis her hubby and daughter will be staying with us that weekend was going to have a party then downsized to my BFF and her family. Now just decide to do those in the house and a cake.

Ds1 wants a huge party and invite most his class and some other friends. Not my style but I have to nov to convince him otherwise.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We are doing two small parties. Lunch and cake for my parents, siblings and their spouses (no kids on my side except mine so far). My grandparents will also be invited.

Dh's will be pumpkin patch with his parents, siblings and their kids (4 plus our 2) We will do cupcakes there too.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• I guess we are going to do a party with close friends their kids and family, just talked to the hubby and he thinks it will be fun. So now on to planning! Im thinking a minions party or Mickey mouse themed. Pinterst is way dangerous im loving all the things and realistically probably won't do any of them. ;)

• We're having B's at the park. I think I sent out about 20 invitations. Not sure what the theme is, I guess I should work on that. 

@chricast, i mailed them today party is on the 28th! I know, I'm a slacker with my last minute party planning. But I expect to see Emma there :) 

• I love birthday parties! I love having a theme and doing fun DIY things. Dd1 has had a theme for every bday and I plan to so the same with dd2. Our parties are fairly large bc both of our families all live here and we are all close. So you have to invite everyone. This year dd2 is going to have Minnie Mouse theme and dd1 is having soda pop and gum balls theme. We told her a long time ago that when she turned 5 she could have both. I wish I would have said ten but oh well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are thinking about taking the kids to the zoo for the day and then cake at home. No parties.

No party we might go to the aquaruim and have cake at home.
    Birthday on a weekday
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're doing a joint 2nd and 4th birthday party. We do immediate family and some close friends. We'll do a theme. Lunch, cake and ice cream.

• I just dropped $40 on pink cups, silverware, cupcake decorations, and one plastic tablecloth.  I feel ripped off. 

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • @hismom12 I got the Minnie dessert plates and napkins.  This is just generic pink!  No way I could afford 75 Minnie plates.  (we are having pizza and cake, so I'm assuming at least two plates per person and we are having just over 30 people.)  And looking again, I only got one tablecloth.  Oy.  I still need to get dinner plates, but I think I'm gonna find it cheaper at a different store.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • No party for us either, but they'll feel really special celebrating with mommy and daddy.

• We survived birthday party #1 of 2 today. It went well but it was my side which is typically less drama filled :) next Sunday could be interesting.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• I think we will just have our immediate families over for dinner. No huge party. I'm thinking we will have pizza since it is one of her favorites and easy for a lot of people. I was also thinking of getting balloons and have some of them with her favorite characters. I haven't decided on anything.
  • The families are really bugging me so i think we'll do a family party. It will probably be 30 people between the 2 sides. The Little Mermaid is the theme of our life, so we will do a Mermaid theme.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • My son's bday is on Halloween, and he had a party last year so we wlll probably go trick or treating (for sure) and take him somewhere special to play and of course he will have gifts, cake, and balloons.  But that is about it :)
  • @Ziegeficker‌ , "beer" is my most favorite theme!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"