Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Unmedicated Pregnancy after Diminished Ovarian Reserve Diagnosis

Hello all!  I miscarried back in March of this year. On August 13th, we received the devastating news that I have DOR. I'm 30 years old. FSH = 13.9 AMH= .5.  We were told our chances of an unmedicated pregnancy were not good. The doctor said that may also explain the miscarriage. That same weekend I started taking CoQ10, L-arginine, DHEA and Royal Jelly.  I'm happy to report a BFP on September 14th!!! I couldn't believe that we got pregnant on the same cycle that we received this news! My concern now is another miscarriage since I have DOR.  Would any of you be able to shed some light on this topic? Thank you so much!

Re: Unmedicated Pregnancy after Diminished Ovarian Reserve Diagnosis

• Options
    Congrats. I don't have any advice but I have a friend with this and she has been having trouble getting pregnant- what medications were they going to use for you if needed?
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options
    Hello!  We never got that far into the discussion with our doctor.  We decided to try diet change, supplements, and acupuncture. My husband began taking Fertilaid the same weekend I started my supplements.  I began acupuncture on Sept. 6th, but by then it seems I was already pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am currently 16 weeks with a DOR diagnosis and a non-medicated conception. However, I've lost 4 pregnancies to DOR prior to this one. Unfortunately. there's nothing I can really tell you about your chances of this pregnancy coming to term. My doctor told us to keep trying while we were waiting to start our first IUI cycle because all it takes is one good egg. So this could be your one good egg, or not. Only time will tell.  Good luck. 
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Thanks so much for sharing. Staying positive!
  • Options
    You also might try posting this question on the PAIF board. I'm not DOR, but almost all infertility patients are on progesterone supplementation during early pregnancy. I'm not sure if that would be necessary just based on a DOR diagnosis, but you might ask your doctor for a progesterone test.

Congratulations, and I hope this will be a happy and healthy nine months for you!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your responses and positive thoughts! I will see my doctor this Tuesday, so I will ask about the progesterone. 
  • Options
    uneek1323 said:

I am currently 16 weeks with a DOR diagnosis and a non-medicated conception. However, I've lost 4 pregnancies to DOR prior to this one. Unfortunately. there's nothing I can really tell you about your chances of this pregnancy coming to term. My doctor told us to keep trying while we were waiting to start our first IUI cycle because all it takes is one good egg. So this could be your one good egg, or not. Only time will tell.  Good luck. 

@uneek1323‌ Are we the same person? I also had 4 losses and was diagnosed with DOR in February. My FSH was over 16 and my AMH was .27. I was given a 5% chance of getting pregnant on my own and told that a donor egg was my best option. I found out I was pregnant in July and will be 12 weeks on Sunday. This is the farthest I have gotten in any off pregnancies and in fact the only one where I have seen an a heartbeat. Like @uneek1323‌ said, I am not sure of the chances of carrying to full term but hopefully this is a good egg for you. From what I gather there are a few in there but not many. Also, progesterone was never suggested to me because it has never been an issue since it isn't related to DOR. My progesterone levels were always fine. Best of luck to you and congratulations!

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11
    BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12   BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate) HSG 6/13-all clear BFP#4 11/18/13 natural m/c on 11/23  IVF #1 (Natural IVF Cycle) May 2014- Cycle failed (embryo did not make it to blast) BFP#5-7/26/14 GROW BABY GROW    IT'S A BOY DUE 4/5/15!

• Options
    Thank you! and congratulation to you too! Here's hoping for a good egg!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"