Trouble TTC

I'm a Human Pin Cushion!

Hi there- I'm new to the board. Been TTC for about a year and started fertility treatments a few weeks ago. Had the HSG (ouchies!) and all the other screening tests. This is my first cycle and I'm already feeling stressed. The doc said the sperm is fantastic, but that I haven't been ovulating and may have PCOS (still confused as to whether I have it or not, but the point is I'm not ovulating). She started me on Clomid and we will have TI when my body decides to be ready for it...

Looking for some suggestions on dealing with all of these appointments and tests. Honestly, I feel like a pin cushion! I've been in the doc's office at least 10 times in the last 2 weeks, and I'm exhausted and stressed out, which is probably not a good thing when trying to get pregnant. She's had me come in every day this week (days 10-12) to check my lining and follicles and has asked me to come back AGAIN tomorrow because my lining is only 6mm and she wants at least 7. Then we will do the trigger shot and TI for two days. It wouldn't be so awful if I didn't have to be there at 6:30am every day! Between that and getting home late at night from work, I am not sure I could do this for more than one cycle. I suppose it's nothing compared to actually having a baby..I'm sure I'll be much more exhausted when that happens but at least he/she will be a happy reason for being up at 5am. I also haven't told anyone that I'm going through this, and I'm finding it hard to explain why I'm so tired/not feeling well a lot of the time. Side effects from the drugs have been more than I bargained for (headaches, cramps, fatigue, constipation...) Ugh. Sorry for venting, it'd just be nice to hear from others going through the same thing. Any support is appreciated. Thanks ladies...

Re: I'm a Human Pin Cushion!

• It is a lot to take in!  I hate the doctors and I'm not a morning person so it's been difficult to get my butt there early in the morning.  Every time I feel like I just can't do it again, I always think of the end goal and why I'm doing this and it will all be worth it.  

Good luck!
    Me (29), DH (32)
    Aug 2011  - Married
    Jan 2013   - Started TTC
    Jan 2014   - OB started some testing 
                         - HSG - Normal
                         - Ultrasound - Normal
                         - SA - Normal, but tested positive for Ureaplasma
                         - Both of us on antibiotics to treat ureaplasma
                         - Blood work - progesterone: 15.9, TSH: 0.89, FT4: 1.2, Prolactin: 33.4 
    Feb 2014   - Endometrial Biopsy - Normal
    Mar 2014   - Prolactin: 22.9, referred to RE
    Apr 2014   - First RE appointment, put on medication for high prolactin levels 
                      - Clomid (50 mg) 1 follicle, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - Second SA - All Normal, borderline morph (5%) 
    May 2014   - Clomid (100mg) 2 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - blood work: Estradiol: 32.7, FSH: 5.3, Prolactin: 14.1
    June 2014  - IUI #1, Clomid (150 mg), 3 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN 
    July 2014   - IUI #2, Clomid (150 mg), 4 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
    Aug 2014   - IUI #3, Femara 2.5, 3 follicles, Trigger shot (first time done by DH!!) - BFN
                      - Hysteroscopy - Normal
    Sept 2014 - IUI #4 Femara 2.5, 1 follicle, possibility of another one, Trigger shot - BFN
                       -Progesterone test 4 DPIUI - 7.8...started crinone.
    Oct 2014 - IUI #5 Follistim 150 3 possibly 4 follicles - Trigger Shot - BFN
    Oct/Nov 2014 - Follistim 150 with TI & Trigger shot - ???

**October Siggy Challenge**

I don't even know what he is supposed to be!

**EVERYONE WELCOME!! :)**

• Welcome!  All of the RE appointments definitely take a toll on you physically and emotionally.  Thankfully, there are usually some breaks in between cycles.  I've been on break since August after my last IUI and it feels like it's been forever.  My next cycle is IVF so I'm enjoying the freedom now.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Loading the player...
  • typo31typo31 member
    edited September 2014
    Hello! I also just went through all of the testing, and I couldn't believe the constant, fast pace. I need to come back when? And then again? And then AGAIN? It was a whirlwind.

Strangely, the time at the fertility clinic is actually calming to me, because it reminds me that I'm getting closer to the goal. That, hopefully, this is the beginning of the end where I will get something I really want. 
    ETA Good luck you you!
  • Welcome to our community. You will find nothing but amazing advice and support from the group....I really don't know where I would be without it! 

I totally feel you on the human pin cushion thing. I do not do well when I give blood. A few years ago I had my blood drawn and woke up with my face on the ground. I passed out and ever since then I ask if I can lay down while they take my blood. I always, always, always, tell the person taking my blood that I have passed out in the past and I get super anxious. I will tell you after going through all the testing and three medicated cycles I'm pretty used to it now. Although I will say the lady that took my blood yesterday hurt me a bit and I could feel the needle coming out, which I usually don't feel. 

The monitoring is also super frustrating when they want you to come in every day to check your lining and follicles, but in the end its what we have to do to get preggers. 

This is a great place to vent out your feelings...I have done this a lot recently and it really makes me feel better being able to talk with women who can relate to my IF issues. 

Good luck with your treatments!

Me: 33, DH: 32

TTC: 2 years
    Fertility blood tests all normal
    Tilted uterus
    3 day ultrasound 17 follicles
    HSG: 11/13/13- tubes open
    DH SA: SUPER sperm (145 million, 84% motility, 22% morphology)
    All infection disease and immunity blood tests NORMAL

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd cycle benched due to cysts - TI with OPK tests -  BFN

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

JANUARY SIGGY CHALLENGE...This is so me!

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

Never thought I would like long hair....

• Welcome and good luck to you!  I certainly feel your pain.  I have actually been describing myself as a human pin cushion to DH lately.  I've had more blood drawn in the last three months since I started this process than I have in my entire life.  I just try to stay hopefuly it will all be worth it in the end!

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• I was super stressed when I first started seeing an RE. Tons of tests, being stuck with needles, getting things stuffed inside me, ugh I was totally overwhelmed. Now months later it has gotten easier. I did take a break for a month, that helped. Good luck and welcome to the board, it's a great way to relieve some stress.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Thank you everyone for the encouraging words and the support. It is certainly helping just being able to talk about it to some women, because you can relate. My DH (does this mean devoted husband? I'm still trying to figure out all of the abbrev's!) is super supportive and does his best to be empathetic, but how well can men understand you when you're complaining about being probed with an ultrasound first thing in the morning? So, thank you again. It will definitely help to focus on the end-game and the whole reason for doing all of this. I will keep that in mind each morning.
  • @dos30 There is a glossary in one of the newbie posts.. I had to keep it open for the first couple weeks I was on here so I knew what ppl were talking about lol

Welcome and good luck!!
    :: Me: 30 ~ DH: 27 ::
       :: TTC since Oct 2013 ~ NTNP since Dec 2010 ::
    :: DX: PCOS Characteristics & MFI ::
    ~May 2014: 1st Consult with RE~
    ~SA #1/#2 (low on all #'s), HSG (found non-threatening uterine fibroid)~
    ~*1500mg Metformin Daily*~
    *June: Medicated Cycle #1: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN* 
    *July: Medicated Cycle #2: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
     *Aug: Medicated Cycle #3: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
    *Sept: IUI #1: 5mg Letrozole + Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone = BFN*
    Possibly Looking at IVF.. RE Suggested DH See a Urologist Before Moving On With Treatments 
    *Currently on a Break*
    ~*All Welcome*~

::: 3T November Siggy Challenge: Animals Being Jerks:::
  • Welcome and GL! It does suck but you'll quickly get used to it. Hopefully you wont have to many more visits before you get a bfp :)
    *** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"