January 2015 Moms

It's going to be a long road

I don't post often but I just need a vent for a moment. I found out last night that my mother who just turned 50 has cancer. She won't find out for a few weeks what they can do for treatments so we are all in limbo. I am so upset about all this but know she will get treatment if she can. With having this little girl in January I never thought that she might lose someone this early especially my mom. I'm trying not to stress because I know it's not good for the baby but it's hard not to worry and stress. My H and I currently live a few hours away and can't move closer so it sucks that we are stuck here for 2 more years and can't travel but once a month most of the time. I know my family and I will get through whatever it is and are optimistic that it's all going to be fixable and able to be treated and my little girl will get a long time with her grandma that I don't want her to miss. Sorry for the ramble just had to get it out.

Re: It's going to be a long road

• I'm so sorry about the diagnosis. I know it's hard not being able to be there as much as you want.
  • I'm very sorry for the diagnosis and the distance. I'm sure your mother will appreciate your support any way she can take it though, even if it's just by phone (maybe Skype??). What type of cancer is it?
  • Loading the player...
  • ((((hugs)))) I'm so sorry to hear this.  Sending positive vibes to your mom and all of you!
    DS #1  2/2010
  • They're not sure the exact type bc it's in several places such as liver, small intestines lymph nodes and blood stream but they did say it was an uncommon cancer but not rare so there are treatments.
  • I'm so sorry your family has to face such a difficult diagnosis. You are in my thoughts.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• I'm so sorry to hear this (((hugs))) :(
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Really sorry to hear this. Hoping your mom's health could still improve. *bumphugs*

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I am so sorry. Cancer sucks. My mother in law was diagnosed with cervical cancer a few months into my first pregnancy, fortunately they caught it early, she had surgery and never needed any treatments other than that. However, if it had been my mom, who lives four hours away, I would have lost my mind. It is so difficult being far from your mom on a regular basis but when something goes wrong it makes it so much worst. Sounds like you have a positive attitude and that's what you need. Until you know what you guys are facing try to stay positive :) 
  • That is a lot to deal with. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and I hope your mom's prognosis turns out to be very good. Cancer sucks.

• I'm so sorry! Sending positive thoughts your way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. I'm sure it must be very difficult to not stress. I wish you the best. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis.  T&P for you and your family!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm so sorry - sending T&P's
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Sending all my good vibes your way.  Cancer is a hard diagnosis to handle especially when they can't say right away what treatments are available.  Many hugs.

• I'm so sorry. We live far away from family, also, and it was really hard when H's dad was going through cancer treatment. I hope you're able to come up with a plan of attack soon. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Thoughts and prayers for the best possible outcome and comfort, peace, and wisdom about the next steps. Hugs.
  • So sorry to read this. I can only imagine what your going through. I am hoping that your mom gets some kind of good news when she gets more information regarding the diagnosis.

• So sorry. Cancer is a terrible disease. Hoping for good news for your mother. It has to be tough being so far away. Try to relax and have faith!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"