October 2014 Moms
Options

How soon after the "bloody show"...

bjackson0524bjackson0524 member
edited September 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Hey Ladies, FTM here, hubby and I were really hoping for baby to come as close to her DD as possible and need to know about how soon did you go into labor after the "bloody show"? I'm 36 weeks, 4 days! :-/ [-O<

Re: How soon after the &quot;bloody show&quot;...

• Options
    Did you have yor bloody show? It could mean labor is on it's way it could mean you have two weeks.
     image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HappyCianciHappyCianci member
    edited September 2014
    Bloody show usually means labor is a couple of days away. It's not the same thing as the infamous "mucus plug," which is clear and is much less indicative of coming labor. I learned this first by googling, but my midwife confirmed it for me yesterday. 

I had my first baby about 36 hours after having bloody show. Another mom here just had her baby this week a couple of days after bloody show as well.

I completely understand why you're nervous. I hope baby hangs out inside for a few more days at least! 
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Bloody show usually means labor is a couple of days away. It's not the same thing as the infamous "mucus plug," which is clear and is much less indicative of coming labor. I learned this first by googling, but my midwife confirmed it for me yesterday. 

I had my first baby about 36 hours after having bloody show. Another mom here just had her baby this week a couple of days after bloody show as well.

I completely understand why you're nervous. I hope baby hangs out inside for a few more days at least! 

Ahh well I guess you learn something new everyday. For some reason I thought this was the same as losing your mucus plug.
     image image
  • Options
    aander6 said:

Ahh well I guess you learn something new everyday. For some reason I thought this was the same as losing your mucus plug.
    It's a related process (cervix changing/thinning out), and a lot of people use the two interchangeably. But bloody show is the real deal. :)
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Options
    I have been trying to pay attention to see when I lose my mucous plug, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. I have an appointment at my birthing center tomorrow, and called my midwife a few minutes ago. She didn't seem alarmed, but she told me that my baby was around 5 lbs at my last appointment and that's fairly small. We're praying for a full term baby, and would hope she wants to stay in at least until 38 weeks..thank you for your quick replies!! [-O<
  • Options
    I had some bloody show yesterday afternoon but haven't had baby yet.  Not sure what to expect but I'll post if I do go into labor!  I never had this particular (gross) symptom with my others.

Peanut 1.23.11 ~ Bean 9.06.12 ~ Little Boy 9.24.14
  • Options
    I had some bloody mucus with number two on Oct 29th, he was born November 7th :) so more than a week after the nastiness :)
  • Options
    I had DS 17 hours after I had my "bloody show".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"