D.C. Area Babies

Hyperemesis gravidarum -- need new OB!

Hi,

I've been suffering from HG since I was 6 weeks. I'm 11 weeks now and not getting the support I need from my current OB (Drs. Reiter Hill in Chevy Chase). They completely downplayed my condition to my insurance company and they ended up denying my short term disability claim. They also didn't mention in the claim that I had been to the ER and I'm on zofran and diclegis 3 times a day, which is the only reason my vomiting has improved. I'm beyond frustrated to say the least.

Can anyone recommend a different doctor in the DC area who is experienced with HG patients?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Hyperemesis gravidarum -- need new OB!

• The GW OBs are really great and take time to listen to you. I recommend Dr. Sheth (Bethesda office), or Dr. Bathgate (Foggy Bottom). They also have 1/3 of the CS rate that Reiter Hill has, so you'll  be in better hands long term.
  • @ryemo thank you so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • I also have HG (second time) and am 10 weeks pregnant.  I go to Physicians for Women in Alexandria and see Dr. Hibshman.  She is amazing and truly, without her, I wouldn't have made it through my first pregnancy or even this one.

Good luck.  PM if you ever need to talk.  HG can make you very lonely and depressed.  There is a growing support group out there for HG.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry I didn't see your comment sooner. Thank you so much! How are you feeling now? My HG got a lot better around 16 weeks but I had to continue taking diclegis 3 times a day until I delivered in April. xx @jsong