Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

On purpose accidents

DD is 2.5 yo and was completely potty trained by 2 yo with just a small bout of regression 2 months after being trained. She has been nearly accident free for the better part of 6 months. We welcomed our DS in late July and braced for some regression, but until a few days ago she hadn't regressed. But now, she is seemingly having multiple on purpose accidents a week. She will both pee and poop herself (only at home), and is having bed wetting accidents. Seemingly nothing has changed in the last week, so what gives? How do you handle on purpose accidents and help her get back on track? When she regressed after she first potty trained she felt embarrassed and remorseful. This time around, she is completely aware and will warn you she is about to do it. And oddly enough she made a comment a few days ago as I was taking her to the bathroom "I have to go poo poo, and then I get candy" -- as if we are potty training her all over again. I know this has nothing to do with the candy itself because she definitely gets her fair share of sweets/treats around here. So confused. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
BFP #1 4/07, 6/07 MMC 9w6d D&C |
DX PCOS/annovulatory |
BFP #2 (50 mg Clomid) 11/8/10, Natural MC 11/25/10 |
Dec '10, Cycle #1 (50 mg Clomid) BFN |
Jan '11 Cycle #2 (100 mg Clomid) BFN |
Feb '11 Cycle #3 (100 mg Clomid & HCG trigger) BFN |
March '11 Cycle #4 (100 mg Clomid, HCG trigger, & IUI) BFN |
April '11 Cycle #5 (150 mg Clomid, HCG trigger, & IUI) = BFP --> Beta #1 12DPO: 48, Beta #2 14dpo: 171, Progesterone: 105, Beta #3 19dpo: 2,418 |

It's a girl!  Healthy DD born 1/20/12 @ 39 weeks |

TTC #2 9/13 Cycle #1 (no meds) BFN |
10/13 Cycle #2 (100 mg Clomid, Estradiol)  BFN |
11/13 Cycle #3 (unexpected break cycle) = BFP --> Beta #1 18DPO: 2501, Progesterone 39, Beta #2 20DPO: 4924

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: On purpose accidents

• Options
    I am just guessing but it sounds like she is trying to get attention.  I think it's normal that she is just now having a problem versus when your DS was born.  I think she is starting to understand this change is permanent.

I would make an effort to react as little as possible to her accidents.  Change her as quickly and quietly as possible.  Whenever she uses the potty give her lots of positive encouragement.  I would not do candy but just smiles and hugs and high fives.  If you feel like you need to you could put a diaper or pull-up on her at bedtime to stop from having accidents.  I think it's a phase that will blow over in a bit.  Good luck
  • Options
    I also think this is attention seeking.  Not just understanding it's permanent, but also seeing how much time you spend with "the baby" makes her want to be a "baby" too.  In addition to what ash suggested, I would also make sure to spend some special mommy time with her.  Set aside an hour of the day where the two of you do something without your son.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"