November 2014 Moms
Options

WTF Is wrong with people...

NLJ82NLJ82 member
edited September 2014 in November 2014 Moms

I don't now that this deserves an entire thread, but I didn't know where to express my complete outrage. I just met two little boys named....wait for it.....

Lightingbolt & Thunderbolt

Not after anyone or anything or any part of their heritage...just...because.

I'm just gonna gif my disbelief for a second here....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WTF Is wrong with people...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MuchlyGen said:
    I have two sets that blew my mind recently.

My sister had the great fortune to encounter, at the park, a little boy named Aryan and his little sister, Dagger. I'm seriously reconsidering my name choice now. Dagger sounds pretty fierce.

And then I got to meet two girls whose names were... wait for it... "Specter" and "Glacia." Actually, not sure of spelling. I'm assuming similar to Glacier? But could be Gleisha. Who knows. 
    I guess they are really into Aryan Daggers and nation?? and are prob scary parents..IMO
    ~Nov14 Moms November Siggy Challenge: CELEBRATION!! ~

Anniversary

• Options
    No....they didn't...did they?
    I'm waiting for you to say "JK"
  • Options
    The little boy I nanny met 2 brothers in California. Their names were Muhammad and Ali.
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    so72409 said:
    I work in the school system.  A friend and old classmate of mine texted me the other day the winner of a name: La-a.  (This is how it is spelled).  Curious as to how to pronounce it?!  La-DASH-ah.  Apparently the 'dash' is voiced.  SMH.  I. can't. even.
    Speaking of dashes in names, I worked with a girl that legally changed her name from Eunice to Chee-ah (pronounced like Chia pet).  She's a great gal and has her MBA and all, but WTH?  

When her daughter was born, instead of just spelling her name Leah, she spelled the name Le-ah.  So weird.  
    N14 October Siggy Challenge: How I Feel in the Third Trimesterimage
  • Options

I think La-a has been debunked as urban myth a long time ago, no?

Yeah, wtf is a thunderbolt?

They need a sister "fabricbolt". At least that's a real thing.

This little girl is actually a child on my friend's caseload. I seriously didn't believe her at first!!! ...people!
  • Options
    meeshybeemeeshybee member
    edited September 2014

When I worked in a pharmacy, there was an adorable little baby girl named Summer Loving. Summer is not that odd a first name, but paired with the last name Loving? Really? Did you not say the name out loud before you filled out all the paperwork?

We joked that the parents must have been really big fans of Grease.

We also had a woman whose name was Howard Johnson.

Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    Wolkie said:
    Oh boy thats just too much! In our country we have tons of odd names like Pritti or Precious. I knew a Teardrop in school. Apparently she was born the day her grandad passed. This is however the culture amongst them to name the kids according to what ever is happening or immediately around them at the child's birth.
    I imagine this makes for some AMAZINGLY insane names lol. That's cool.

• Options
    La-a is a real name. I work in the emergency room and someone made the mistake of pronouncing her name wrong as they called her from triage. She quickly and loudly corrected them. Another poor name choice I've seen twins named oranjello and lemonjello...not a joke. Mom said all she are was lemon and orange jello with the twin boys. I've seen a girl named Pebbles too and sisters named Alize and Hennessey. Sad!!!
  • Options
    I was talking about this with my sister the other day. She works at a call center for pharmacies/dr's offices. I knew a nurse in town named Tuesday and my sister talked to someone named Wednesday. Not too horrible, but definitely not average!
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    If I knew a la-a I would call her lahypena to piss her off. If you're a grown woman and you haven't changed your name there's a bigger issue there...
    @kyliedaniellexx You are definitely my kinda person. Also, my kids absolutely love your siggy Godzilla.
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    NLJ82 said:
    Wolkie said:
    Oh boy thats just too much! In our country we have tons of odd names like Pritti or Precious. I knew a Teardrop in school. Apparently she was born the day her grandad passed. This is however the culture amongst them to name the kids according to what ever is happening or immediately around them at the child's birth.
    I imagine this makes for some AMAZINGLY insane names lol. That's cool.
    If my DH had been named this way, his name might have been Agnes - he was born during Hurricane Agnes in '72.  I'm glad my MIL went with Timothy.
    CafeMom Tickers

N14 January Siggy Challenge - What Sucks About Work

• Options
    MuchlyGen said:

I have two sets that blew my mind recently.

My sister had the great fortune to encounter, at the park, a little boy named Aryan and his little sister, Dagger. I'm seriously reconsidering my name choice now. Dagger sounds pretty fierce.

And then I got to meet two girls whose names were... wait for it... "Specter" and "Glacia." Actually, not sure of spelling. I'm assuming similar to Glacier? But could be Gleisha. Who knows. 
    My little cousin's name is ARJUN , but his mom is Indian and Hindu and Arjun is a Hindu god. WTF ARYAN AND DAGGER. Are they planning on letting him join the aryan brotherhood? What the eff.

I am in awe of the stupid. I'm going to name my kid Rapier.
  • Options
    watch out for lightning bolt. he is a silent striker......

wowzers
    I know a Christmas and a September both are nurses.
    I have seriously and sadly seen karma and krisis both siblings.
    I got screamed at for not being able to pronounce jackub (jacob) uh no!

that's why we went simple Christian..
    had he been a girl he too would have been named Genevieve
  • Options
    MelodyhayMelodyhay member
    edited September 2014
    Wow
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimageimageimageimage

N14 November Siggy Challenge - Straight up Celebration!!!

animal animated GIFThe Huffington Post animated GIF
  • Options
    My mom originally wanted to name me Jenna. Then my grandfather told her that all the kids at school would call me Genitalia. 

She named me Geneva instead, which I'm pretty happy about anyways. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thank you! <3

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    wow i got a laugh with this post. but when thinking of what to name our baby i was told a little bit of advice. 1. make sure it sound great if they win a oscar 2. make sure it sounds good with a lover (a little strange but i went with it) 3. make sure it sounds great as a CEO of a company. Will they be taken serious in all of those things. I mean thunderbolt might be as number 2 but as a ceo of a Fortune 500 company its not going to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"