TTC after 35

GTKY: Do you pin?

Wondering if anyone pins and if you have tried out any of those ideas. I made these cookies yesterday and they were awesome. Anyone have a favorite to share?
https://www.kristendukephotography.com/my-favorite-cookieschocolate-andes-mint/

I made these this spring too and I love them
https://akadesign.ca/pastel-over-gold-painted-mason-jars/

Re: GTKY: Do you pin?

• I don't pin, but I look up to those that do! 
  • i pin, but mostly out the hope (as yet unrealized) that it will prompt me to actually make/try/cook the things I pin. lol. 

I have used some of the cleaning tips (half/half mixture of dish shop and vinegar is amazing!) and used tons of ideas for our wedding last year. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I am a pinterest addict. Thank goodness it's blocked at work.

I pin some recipes but in reality I rely on allrecipes.com more because they have reviews.

According to my pinterest boards I have a super clean house, work out all the time, wear all the stylish clothes, and have very well behaved educated children.

But my secret boards of tattoo ideas, nurseries, and my dream home are my favorite. I also love the hilarious e-cards for a good laugh.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• WinoGrrl said:
    i pin, but mostly out the hope (as yet unrealized) that it will prompt me to actually make/try/cook the things I pin. lol. 

I have used some of the cleaning tips (half/half mixture of dish shop and vinegar is amazing!) and used tons of ideas for our wedding last year. 
    I agree with the dish soap/vinegar mix - though my husband complains about the smell...I don't think it smells for very long though. I've also taken to washing the kitchen floor with vinegar and hot water too but the rec for washing soda/vinegar/dawn I don't care for that much.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• i want to try the trick about putting ammonia in a ziplock with the burners from the stove to get all the crazy cooked on grease and stuff off. maybe this weekend if it is nice

• I was a pin addict for a while, but haven't done much.  But, I'm going to start doing it for our office, pinterest, twitter, etc...  Gotta boost our social media presence.

Me: 43, DOR   FI: 44, SA normal
    TTC Since Nov 2013

01/2014: Meeting with RE to discuss options
    02/2014: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    03/2014: on the bench
    05/2014: meeting with RE to discuss Donor IVF options
    09/2014 - IVF#1 - converted to IUI - BFN

• I pin for my small business for marketing, but it seriously stresses me out.  I can lose an entire hour on Pinterest and then look up and wonder how it got so late. 
    BFP 8-14-14; discovered ectopic 8-28-14
  • I pinned a ton for the wedding and I do like using it for recipes and such. I can't get sucked into looking at other people's boards or I never stop! I do wish there was a way to reorganize where the pins show up...or maybe there is and I don't know how to do it?
    I wanted to move things to see colors and ideas together for the wedding and couldn't do it so I got frustrated!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • I pin a lot for school stuff.  I've used it for anchor chart ideas, classroom organization/DYI projects and for examples to show kids such as tesselations, quilt patterns, diorama examples.  I also used it for ideas for DD's 1st and 2nd birthday.  Oh yeah, I also got my avatar from a pin.

I'm like @Bearfootz in that I use allrecipes more than anything.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• My wedding had so many Pinterest things! I was an addict, I've cooled off a bit, but I know it's somewhat temporary. If I ever get a BFP I'll be consumed all over again! Lol
  • @winogrrl- I will have to investigate. I am interested in making some of my own cleansers.  I just bought the mega bottle of vinegar at Costco a couple weeks ago.  Non-toxic and cheap! Let us know about the burners

@bearfootz- I know what you mean.  According to my boards I got it going on!

@sillysally24 and @erin4322 marketing is a whole new ball game isn't it? I remember when Twitter was just starting and I thought, "what a dumb idea."  Now I know why I'm not rich!

@wannabmama23 and @CML11- I wish I had been in to Pinterest when I got married.  Can I do it over again? I loved wedding planning, what a great way to get ideas too.

@lcwed I saw Harry Wong speak a long time ago and he said teachers are the best thieves- stealing all the great ideas:) so true! But they're usually pretty good at sharing too.  I also have a party board going, for an October birthday I peeled clementines and put a little piece of celery at the top for a 'pumpkin' it was such a cute and easy idea.  
  • I don't pin, but I sure do love the "Pinterest Fail" lists that pop up on my Facebook feed from time to time.   :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kindershlitz‌ I am so stealing the pumpkin thing for DDs snack day next month.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• @wannabmama23 if you go into the website you can create new boards and swap the various pins around. You hover over the pin and then click on the little pencil button that shows up on the upper right and you can move it to whatever board you want. It would be super cool if you could have a "mass reorg" ability to move stuff around easier but that is the only way I've found to reorg stuff....
  • I don't pin, but I want one of those cookies.  I want one right now.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• @WinoGrrl‌ thanks for the tip! I will use that next time I need to move things around!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • @JimBobCooter It took me a while to get on board with it but now I scroll it every night.  I like to craft so I get lots of ideas.

• @lcwed idea from Pinterest but these were mine :)
  • ewenner said:
    I don't pin, but I sure do love the "Pinterest Fail" lists that pop up on my Facebook feed from time to time.   :D
    Ditto!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"