Stay at Home Moms

Lego storage ?

DS1 &2 have just started getting into the little tiny legos (I've been trying to avoid) and I'm wondering if there is a better way I should be storing them. DS1 really likes building and rebuilding the same kit by following the instructions. Because of this I've been keeping the kits together in their own ziploc bags with the pieces and instructions. Does anyone have a better idea? His birthday is coming so I'm sure we'll get a bunch more. DH's little brother loved legos a couple years ago and step MIL had them all in this giant tub and I just remember him throwing these crazy temper tantrums because he couldn't find a little tiny light he needed for his instructions. I don't want to do that
Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13

Re: Lego storage ?

• How about special pieces in a craft storage box with little sections & all of the regular pieces in another tote? Haven't gotten to this stage yet but I think its what I will do. Could make a photoalbum or binder with the pictures & directions. Maybe even a fishing tackle box...small parts in top tray & regular pieces in the bigger bottom.
  • cjcouple said:
    I would say plastic containers are the way to go.  Each set can be kept inside with the booklet. They are usually $1 at walmart/Target with locking lids

This is what we do for DD1's sets.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Loading the player...
  • You could also one of those 6 (or more) drawer storage things. They have skinnier ones which might be the perfect size. As his collection grows just keep adding them. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • We do a bin for each, the only problem is where to keep all the bins as they get upwards of 20 sets!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"