Working Moms

going back full time :/

My husband and i where not able to let me take off completely when the baby came but we staggered our days where he worked 4 ten hr days and i worked 3 ten hr days so that one or the other of us would be with our LO and we wouldnt need daycare. Well some positions have been changing at my work and they are now wanting me back full time. We have made a deal for a raise increase that will allow my husband to quit work (it will be tight but daycare is so expensive so it kinda evens out) so he can watch our LO but it makes me sad that i will now be losing 2 days with her. i have had these last 9 months of me watching her 4 days and i am feeling a little selfish for wishing he was the one that could make more money so i could stay home. feeling guilty :( i am just going to miss my time with her.

Re: going back full time :/

• I know that will be hard at first.  Will you at least get home earlier, so you can be with her in the evening? Even if its just to give her a bath and put her to sleep?
  • I will be home about 2 hours earlier than i am now on the days i do work so that does make me feel better knowing i can still do her bath and put her to sleep. i was very lucky that we were able to make it (although it was tight) with me on part time pay for 9 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • i completely understand how you feel.  I work in NYC, and commute everyday. I'm out of the house at 7am, and usually not in the house until 8pm.  I literally eat quick and put my little one to sleep, but i've had fridays at home.  This makes such a huge difference.  I've been doing it for 18 months. Recently they wanted me to come back on Fridays, but there really wasn't a good reason, because i've been doing such a great job.  I've even gotten a promotion during this time, so i was able to talk them into letting me keep it. So i know what its like, but if i was able to get home two hours earlier every night, i might actually give up my fridays for that.  I think you will see what a huge difference that makes.  You might actually be less stressed now during the week.
  • I know how you feel.  My husband owns his own business and a lot of it is done on the weekends so we send my DD to DC on M/W/F (DS is in kindergarten so he goes every day) so he is home with DD on T/Th.  I would kill to be home with her those days or to get DS from the school bus after school.   I work the 9-5 and have the insurance so it isn't going to happen.   I try to just be grateful that DD is with daddy 2 days a week and my DS doesn't have to go to after school care (which is a lot of $$ too).  Hang in there and look at the bright side!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"