Trouble TTC
Options

AMH level??

RazzyRNRazzyRN member
edited September 2014 in Trouble TTC
So I got my AMH level back (which I am pissed that's all that Quest posted after I had numerous tests done) any who.... It was 7.. For my age (24) the expected range said "0.76-11.34" so I see that I'm in the "normal" range.. But can anybody elaborate on what my result means?? Is it good? Bad?

------------
Razz *
Me 24: PCOS & elevated Prolactin --- H 28: SA great
Married <3 September 2012 -- TTC #1 Since September 2013

Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + TI + Progesterone
= BFP!
Beta #1:  12/24  371  -  Beta #2:  12/26  898

Re: AMH level??

• Options

I apologize that I have no insight abou AMH levels.  I do know that mine was higher than the normal range, which my RE said she's expect to see with PCOS...

I'm actually replying because I have to ask with your avatar picture - do you have a doberman??

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options

I apologize that I have no insight abou AMH levels.  I do know that mine was higher than the normal range, which my RE said she's expect to see with PCOS...

I'm actually replying because I have to ask with your avatar picture - do you have a doberman??

I do ! His name is Kane he's 2 years old !

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aww, what a handsome guy. Our big baby will be 4 in December.
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options
    Aw so cute!!!!!

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• Options
    That sounds great! AMH is produced by follicles in various stages of development, so having a healthy number means you should have good ovarian reserve. :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Thanks @BunnyBerry‌ !

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• Options

AMH above 3 is indicative of PCOS. It means you have a great ovarian reserve but it also means you are at risk for over stimming. Mine is over 9 and I have overstimmed twice which really sucked. 

Thanks! What were you taking when you over stimmed?

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• Options

RazzyRN said:

AMH above 3 is indicative of PCOS. It means you have a great ovarian reserve but it also means you are at risk for over stimming. Mine is over 9 and I have overstimmed twice which really sucked. 

Thanks! What were you taking when you over stimmed?

I was doing injects (Bravelle). I don't respond consistently to clomid or femara so I had to risk injections. I don't think my lack of response to oral meds had much to do with my AMH though. I have pretty sever PCOS and high androgens and pretty much don't ovulate at all so I guess I need the strong stuff. 

ETA; quote

I feel like this is me as well. I took clomid 50mg and 100mg unmonitored and Ofcourse I regret wasting my time because I did not ovulate. I feel as if I will need the strong stuff too. Since being off BCP last September I've only had provera induced periods.

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• Options
    @rainbowbridge14‌ thanks !! That was helpful !

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• Options
    I just found that my AMH is 7.2, so kind of high. My first cycle with femara and Bravelle it took 5 days of femara and 9.5 days of 75 IU/day Bravelle to get a single follicle. My second cycle I ovulated before cd11 and had to forego the IUI. The doctor was as surprised as everyone. He just said that PCOS can do that. Third cycle I had two follicles after just a few days of Bravelle.

In terms of IUI, I can't say what AMH means because I responded different every time. In terms of IVF, I've read it's good but increases the risk of OHSS (as PP said).

***siggy warning***

Me: 29; DH: 53
    TTC since February 2013 --- mild thin PCOS (or not, depending on which RE you ask), MFI

TI#1: BFN (April 2014; Clomid 50mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Clomid 50 mg x4 days)
    IUI#1: c/p (May 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x10 days)
    IUI#2: abandoned... O'd early & DH hormone issues (June 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x2 days)
    IUI#2.1: BFN (July 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x4 days)

Moving on to IVF. (Why we're moving on to IVF)

IVF#1 (w/ICSI): BCP 9/9-9/23. Gonal-F, Ganirelix, Low-dose HCG (antagonist protocol). 41R/35M/32F... 2 transferred on 10/14, 14 frosties! On cabergoline to help avoid OHSS. BFN, possibly because of 90% drop in estrogen and progesterone a few days after ET.
    FET#1: Transferring 2 on January 8. BFP! beta#1 (1/17): 408, beta#2 (1/20): 1310, first u/s scheduled 2/5

image    image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"