September 2012 Moms
Options

boobs.

So, I need some inspiration. I've been asked to write/read a poem as the closing speaker of a breastfeeding conference here in NC. 
The topic of the conference is "Beyond Good Intentions: Promoting Breastfeeding with New Perspectives." 

I just need thoughts on what "beyond good intentions" means to y'all in relation to your nursing experiences. 
(And yes, I plan to make a "breast intentions" pun. ha.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: boobs.

• Options
    It's early so my brain isn't quite on yet, but what exactly do they mean by "good intentions?"

Anniversary

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    It's early so my brain isn't quite on yet, but what exactly do they mean by "good intentions?"

this. I was thinking something along the lines of the emotional attachment that develops between mom and baby, but I could be way off.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I interpret that as needing to be committed to BFing 100%. It's a struggle in every way, especially at first & you need to go beyond just having good intentions to make it work.

I like Holly's take on it at well.

• Options
    Nursing was wayy harder than I ever could have anticipated.  I was always told that the hard part was getting the baby to latch and/or if your milk doesn't come in.  No one ever talked about over supply and how awful that can be (from the standpoint of pain, leaking, etc), plugged ducts...and basically devoting your entire life to nursing for the first few months (or in my case, the first 7 months). I am glad I was/am able to BF but yea it's super tough and it is such a huge commitment. Where in NC is this conference?
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Helpful! Thank y'all!

@crene84 it's at UNC's Friday Center.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"