1st Trimester
Options

12 week u/s. Any guesses?

Re: 12 week u/s. Any guesses?

• Options
    Umm. Does it? I had no idea! I know it's a baby!
  • Options
    Does it? I had no idea! I know it's a baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    turkey.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Octopus?
  • Options
    horse 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    You can tell a baby's sex at 12 weeks I knew what both of mine were going to be at 12 weeks and it was even more obvious with my son, clear as day.
  • Options
    You can tell a baby's sex at 12 weeks I knew what both of mine were going to be at 12 weeks and it was even more obvious with my son, clear as day.

Yeah, no. The tech made educated guesses. She/he just happened to be right both times. Nothing scientific there.

At 12 weeks female and male genitalia look damn near identical. https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html
  • Options
    I saw his male parts with my own eyes.  I was expecting to wait until 20 weeks but I didn't have to, it is possible I have the pictures and I have no reason to lie.  I don't understand why anyone feels the need to be rude.

• Options
    I saw his male parts with my own eyes.  I was expecting to wait until 20 weeks but I didn't have to, it is possible I have the pictures and I have no reason to lie.  I don't understand why anyone feels the need to be rude.

At 12 weeks male parts and female parts look almost identical. Again, an educated guess was made that just happened to be right both times or you were further along than you thought. I don't think you're lying but your situation isn't the norm and people shouldn't be expecting to find out this early, through ultrasound at least.
  • Options

Yeah, no. The tech made educated guesses. She/he just happened to be right both times. Nothing scientific there.

At 12 weeks female and male genitalia look damn near identical. https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html
    I don't know but it looks like that chick has a dick to me.  Maybe you just had a lucky guess @lopezmommy3.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Maybe I did but the same woman who did mine has also never been wrong with 3 of my in law family members as well.  I guess she is very good at guessing.  Plus my son had very large man parts so maybe that helped.

• Options
    Maybe I did but the same woman who did mine has also never been wrong with 3 of my in law family members as well.  I guess she is very good at guessing.  Plus my son had very large man parts so maybe that helped.

Yeah, gross that you're thinking of a 12 week fetus as well-endowed.

You don't seem to get it. At 12 weeks external male and female genitalia look the same and are the size of a pin head. Tell me more about your sons big penis when he isn't even the size of a penny. You don't seem to understand fetal development at all. 
    HAHAHAHA...thats like Lincoln's beard being super long   =))
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

*GAGS*
  • Options
    I do understand the development that takes place and more importantly so does my doctor.  I was told by the person that did the ultrasound and a urologist when my son was 6 months old about my son so those are the facts not trying to be gross.  I love my kids and I will love this one on the way and I know you all do to.  I just wanted to respond to the original question to let her know it is possible to know I was never trying to be attacked.  I wish you all well and your growing families.  I've never been a person for verbal confrontation and I don't bash people online or in person.  My son had a condition since before birth that we had to see a urologist for and one of the things he said was we should be proud of our son for what hes got so if anything hes gross.

• Options
    I do understand the development that takes place and more importantly so does my doctor.  I was told by the person that did the ultrasound and a urologist when my son was 6 months old about my son so those are the facts not trying to be gross.  I love my kids and I will love this one on the way and I know you all do to.  I just wanted to respond to the original question to let her know it is possible to know I was never trying to be attacked.  I wish you all well and your growing families.  I've never been a person for verbal confrontation and I don't bash people online or in person.  My son had a condition since before birth that we had to see a urologist for and one of the things he said was we should be proud of our son for what hes got so if anything hes gross.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your son. That said, I find it even more disgusting that a doctor would basically high five you for having a son with a large penis.
  • Options
    Well I'm glad she always makes correct lucky guesses when I go for my 12 week ultrasound this time I will let her know.  I'm sure if you spoke to ultrasound techs that have been doing this for years you would get a different answer and they would tell you they are indeed educated and make excellent "guess."  She didn't have to tell me if she wasn't somewhat sure.  I told her I thought my daughter was a girl and my son was a boy and she confirmed that for me and I'm grateful.  Thank you for your input.   
  • Options
    Yeah...I've actually asked a handful of experienced ultrasound techs. They all said it was too early, at best they could guess but it was unlikely to be accurate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"