Pregnant after a Loss

First Trimester Check-in (9/15)

2»

Re: First Trimester Check-in (9/15)

• @lalalady54 How are you doing? Are you still worrying a lot? Have the mantras helped? Has distancing yourself helped at all?

I am doing ok- the morning sickness has really kicked in, yesterday I threw up in the parking lot at Target, awesome. I am worrying less, but I am not quite sure why. I am not sure if I finally have resolved that I can't change anything, or if I have been more distant from the bump and if thats helping, or if it is just that I am nearing my appointment finally (9 more days) and at that point I can finally know that things are at least on track. 

EDD/Week/Fruit 6 weeks 2 days- sweet pea, I think 

Worries (rational or irrational)
     Right now I am worried about the coconut oil I have on my hair-- anyone know anything about coconut oil and pregnancy? I figured it is all natural so hopefully it isn't hurting anything (I goggled and asked my DH and we all seem on the page of it will be fine). I have terrible psoriasis and I have completely stopped topical medications because I don't want to hurt babes, even though my derm said in small amounts it *should* be ok, there is some increased risk for cleft lip and palate with the use of certain topical steroids, so clearly I am not using those. So now I sit here with my coconut oil mask and wonder if I am making a stupid choice. 

Appointments scheduled:
    September 25th at 8am! HURRRYYYY UPPPP!

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates:
    Baby stopped developing at 7w5d last time which will be next Friday (we didn't find out until a couple weeks later), I am kind of bummed my u/s is the day before at 7w4d but it was the only day my DH and my MFMs schedule lined up for 2 weeks and I need DH there in case its bad news, which it won't be. (Hopefully)

QoTW: Have you spoken with your partner about names yet? Have you picked any that you will share? Are you having major disagreements? 

If we have a boy his name will *most likely* be Easton (that was our boy name from DD and it has stuck around, my husband wants an E name as his name starts with E and its a sort of family tradition)
    If we have a girl we had Ellie and Norah on our list last time (we didn't name DD for 2 days after she was born) we also are into Quinn and during our m/c I was fairly certain that would be babies name if it was a girl. DH and I won't discuss further until we find out the sex in November and we probably won't commit to anything until he/she is born in May. (Unless my bf who is due 2 weeks before me starts entertaining Easton as a name at which point we will have to call dibs on it ;) )
    I think you should be fine with coconut oil, granted I am not a doctor, but I think anything that you are allowed to ingest, should be fine to put in your hair. Like maybe you should put fish oil (from the fish that contain high levels of mercury) in your hair, but since coconut is pregnancy safe, I think you should be fine. My friend went gluten-free and that has seemed to help his psoriasis. They wanted to start him on the immunio-suppressive drugs and he wasn't ready for that. Going gluten-free is hard and can be even harder based on where you live. I live in a very Irish area and the Irish have a predisposition towards Celiac's so we have a large selection of GF groceries and a few items at most restaurants that are GF.  I'm sorry, Idk why I just typed that book of useless information to you.

I am happy that you find yourself worrying less. Maybe you don't need to know the reason why, just go with the flow of how you are feeling. I hope time moves quickly to your next appointment.

Married August 2003

BFP: January 8, 2012
    Due: September 5, 2012
    DS: August 14, 2012

BFP: November 5, 2013
    Due: July 11, 2014
    MMC Detected d&c: December 29, 2013 12w5d

BFP: June 10, 2014
    Due: February 16, 2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • footprint said:
    I am sorry about the constant nausea. I had nausea this time, not as bad as most people, but I always wondered if I would feel better if I just threw up, but I never did. My breasts have been soon since before my BFP and they don't seem like they are about to let up anytime soon. As much as I didn't like my pregnancy symptoms, I liked that it reminded me that I was pregnant. I will be thinking of you and sending t&Ps and positive vibes to you tomorrow! Please update here afterward if you think of it!
    I feel the same way. 

And every time I tell DH that I feel nauseous he says "Woo Hoo!".  Told him he needs to start saying it in his head... ;)
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

• Loading the player...
  • Sllinge said:

@footprint I am feeling 200% positive today if that is possible. I just had my first ultrasound 3 hours ago where we got to see our baby who is right on schedule with his/her due date with a great heart rate of 166!!!

EDD/Week/Fruit: 4/23  8 weeks 5 days   Raspberry

: No worries today and I feel amazing. Carrying around pictures in my purse that I want to keep looking at. Worried that I look like an idiot smiling and crying all day at the office where no one knows I am expecting.

Appointments scheduled: Next appointment is 10/14 where hopefully I will get to hear the heartbeat on a doppler as they said it was a little too early today.

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates: Past my loss date so looking forward to the next appointment before we go public with our news beyond parents and a few close friends.

QoTW: Have you spoken with your partner about names yet? Have you picked any that you will share? Are you having major disagreements? MH and I already have names picked out for both a boy and a girl but we don't plan to share our names. Not planning to find out until baby gets here.

I am so happy that you are feeling so positive! Also super happy that you had a great u/s! 166 is a great hb!  When will you announce at work? Does your immediate family know now?

I love not finding out the sex. I loved it with my son, too.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • mandi195 said:
    footprint said:

Yay for a few flutters! I have been feeling movement for a little while now, and it is SO SO reassuring! I hope when you have more and stronger ones that you feel less afraid. Has anything besides u/s and Dopplers helped you feel less afraid of loss?  Is your cervical length checked by u/s?

I love your name choices! I keep writing it in other responses, but picking a boy name is no where near as fun as picking girl names.
    Honestly, I feel like when we get an u/s or hear the heartbeat (only once, though we've seen it 4 times) I feel better for the moment... but then my brain goes right back to "well, that was yesterday/last week/whatever and I'm fearful all over again. I've been debating buying a doppler to use at home, but worry that I'll scare myself even more if I can't easily find the heartbeat. 
    Cervical length will be checked with u/s... and I'm terrified I'll need cerclage (though I didn't last time, but my cervix situation has changed since then. Yay for uterine anomolies) 
    That is one of the reasons I never bought a Doppler. I knew if I couldn't find the heart beat I would freak out and I didn't want to do that to myself. Another reason was that I felt my son move really early, especially for a first pregnancy, and I figured I wouldn't use it after I could feel the baby move. And I am a super cheapwad, too.  I hope you find a way to keep the fear at bay.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi everyone! I'm new, can I join? EDD/Week/Fruit: 5/23, 4, Poppy Seed Worries (rational or irrational) Another Loss (obviously) and feeling some of the financial pressure from all the appointments, test, etc. Also I got the call today that my progesterone is low again so I'm already worried something is wrong. Appointments scheduled I had my blood drawn for my first beta level yesterday, and I have another scheduled tomorrow, and I guess every 48 hours after that until we know whether or not things are "normal." Upcoming milestones/Loss dates My loss date was at 10 weeks, so I have a little while before we get there. QoTW: Have you spoken with your partner about names yet? Have you picked any that you will share? Are you having major disagreements? We haven't talked about it yet, we're still at the stage where we're really, really excited but trying not to get our hopes up.
    Oof! Waiting for the beta results was so hard for me! Probably harder than it should have been.  I hope it isn't too hard for you! Congrats on your BFP! Does your doctor want you to do anything about your progesterone levels? This pregnancy, I had low estradiol and had to wear a big patch throughout the first trimester. I have my fingers crossed for doubling betas! Give us an update when you get your results if you want! Welcome to the first trimester board.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kj808 said:
    Hi! Can I join?

EDD/Week/Fruit May 15 / 5 weeks 4 days / apple seed

a little worried about the lower back pains I keep having when I sit for long periods of time at work. hoping it's just the sitting that's causing it.

Appointments scheduled
    next week Friday is our first u/s! I'm both super excited and super nervous. Just really really hoping to hear a heartbeat.

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates
    I passed 3 of my loss milestones, so that's been comforting to me. My next one is 8w and i'm sure i'll feel much better after that.

QoTW: Have you spoken with your partner about names yet? Have you picked any that you will share? Are you having major disagreements? 
    It seems like we are always discussing names! I have a boy and a girl name that I like, but we haven't decided yet. DH never has any serious name contenders in mind, he'll just veto or agree on mine.
    Congrats on your positive! Welcome to the first trimester board.  I am sorry about the lower back pain. It sucks that every little twitch or pain leads us to think a MC is imminent.  I hope that time passes quickly toward your first u/s. Just out of curiosity are you working with an RE or an OB?

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kaynix21 said:
    Thanks for the check in @footprint !

EDD/Week/Fruit - I realized I "mathed" wrong. I thought I was 5 weeks today but I think Friday was 5 weeks - putting me a 5w4d. Last time I m/c at 5w5d so I'm praying things keep going forward. Baby is the size of an apple seed now.

- I started spotting about 36 hours ago (sorry for TMI) brown and only when wiping. I had a rough day yesterday and I'm pretty freaked out but RE said it was OK and didn't want to see me.

Appointments scheduled -
    My u/s is schedule for Monday at 9 am. I should be 6w3d and my mom is going to be here, so hopefully it'll be a good/happy appt.

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates -
     Getting to Thursday will mean I've passed my last loss time frame, so fingers crossed.

It's so early but yes we've talked about it. He is gone and misses out on everything, so every night he calls we read a page of the baby names book I picked up at a yard sale. He likes the name Logan right now. And Arya. But we're just sort of going through it to have stuff to talk about and keep him involved.
    I math wrong a lot! :) But at least it works in your favor and you are farther along than you thought and not earlier.  I like the name Logan a lot too, but I am a fan of Law & Order with Chris Noth, aka Logan, so I can't say for sure why I like that name.

I am really sorry about the spotting. It must be reassuring that your RE doesn't want to see you. I know that it isn't normal to spot during pregnancy, but that A LOT of women do. I hope that you aren't freaking out too much. Let me know if you need to talk or vent or anything.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • footprint said:
    kj808 said:
    Hi! Can I join?

EDD/Week/Fruit May 15 / 5 weeks 4 days / apple seed

a little worried about the lower back pains I keep having when I sit for long periods of time at work. hoping it's just the sitting that's causing it.

Appointments scheduled
    next week Friday is our first u/s! I'm both super excited and super nervous. Just really really hoping to hear a heartbeat.

I passed 3 of my loss milestones, so that's been comforting to me. My next one is 8w and i'm sure i'll feel much better after that.

It seems like we are always discussing names! I have a boy and a girl name that I like, but we haven't decided yet. DH never has any serious name contenders in mind, he'll just veto or agree on mine.
    Congrats on your positive! Welcome to the first trimester board.  I am sorry about the lower back pain. It sucks that every little twitch or pain leads us to think a MC is imminent.  I hope that time passes quickly toward your first u/s. Just out of curiosity are you working with an RE or an OB?
    I've been seeing my RE for a little over a year now so i'll stay with them until i'm (hopefully) released to my OB.
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • I've been seeing my RE for a little over a year now so i'll stay with them until i'm (hopefully) released to my OB.
    I only asked because of your siggy and to be nosy, I suppose. Also, I get back pain from time to time, because my breasts grew so much. I/ have like one or two really good bras and if I don't wear those, my back hurts some. Just something to consider.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker

• I only asked because of your siggy and to be nosy, I suppose. Also, I get back pain from time to time, because my breasts grew so much. I/ have like one or two really good bras and if I don't wear those, my back hurts some. Just something to consider.
    No problem :)

Thanks for the reassurance. My boobs are growing and even though they're not very big (i'm small to begin with) they feel like bowling balls by the end of the day! At work i'm trying to get up and walk around at least once every hour and it does seem to help but as you said, all those pains and twinges can really mess with your head!
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • @footprint Our parents and siblings know and a couple of close friends who knew about my first loss. I plan on waiting until my next appointment to tell my boss and co-workers (one co-worker knows because the nurse suggested that someone know in case I had a problem with my hypoglycemia). MH and I haven't come to a 100% decision on when we will tell others yet. Part of me wants to wait and the other part of me wants to throw open my office door and yell it out.

MH thinks he can find out what it is and not tell me, but he is not one for secrets at all and it wouldn't last a week. Right now I don't want to know, I already have the baby room planned so that won't impact anything. My mom said when she was having me that it was a little extra motivation because she couldn't wait to see whether I was a boy or girl. So that is kind of the driving motivation. I am such an OCD planner about everything that I want to just relax :)

Me: 27 MH: 36

BFP #1: 5/26/2014 EDD:2/1/2015, MC: 6/16/2014

BFP#2 8/14/2014 Saw baby & HB of 166 9/16/2014, Saw baby 12/11/2014 and stayed Team Green EDD: 4/23/2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• tigerlily2015tigerlily2015 member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the check-in, @footprint

@lalalady54 - I am not a doctor, but what I've read indicates that coconut oil is completely safe to use during pregnancy. 

I hope everyone has a good week! Positive vibes to all of you and your LOs.

EDD/Week/Fruit
    3/19/15 - 13w5d

I am close to the second trimester, so I'm really excited! The 12 week ultrasound seems like so long ago, even though it hasn't even been two weeks. I know I'll be a little nervous at my next appointment when the doctor goes to find the heartbeat with the Doppler, but I'm trying to remain calm and remind myself that the last time I saw the baby, he or she seemed active and well.

Appointments scheduled

I have an OB appointment on September 26, about a week and a half away.

None in the near future.

We have just begun to talk about names. I'm really excited about this . . . it makes the pregnancy more real to me. DH and I have a few ideas for girls' names, but nothing at all firm yet. We are more lost on boys' names. For some reason it's more difficult for me, or maybe I just don't like as many boy names.

Edit: redundancy

BFP #1 on 3/26/14.  M/C on 4/29/14 (Blighted ovum).
    BFP #2 on 7/6/14.  EDD 3/19/15. 
  • Thanks for the check-in, @footprint

@lalalady54 - I am not a doctor, but what I've read indicates that coconut oil is completely safe to use during pregnancy. 

I hope everyone has a good week! Positive vibes to all of you and your LOs.

EDD/Week/Fruit
    3/19/15 - 13w5d

I am close to the second trimester, so I'm really excited! The 12 week ultrasound seems like so long ago, even though it hasn't even been two weeks. I know I'll be a little nervous at my next appointment when the doctor goes to find the heartbeat with the Doppler, but I'm trying to remain calm and remind myself that the last time I saw the baby, he or she seemed active and well.

Appointments scheduled

I have an OB appointment on September 26, about a week and a half away.

None in the near future.

We have just begun to talk about names. I'm really excited about this . . . it makes the pregnancy more real to me. DH and I have a few ideas for girls' names, but nothing at all firm yet. We are more lost on boys' names. For some reason it's more difficult for me, or maybe I just don't like as many boy names.

Edit: redundancy
    So you are like 2 days from second trimester! Woo hoo!! Congrats. You are more than welcome to keep checking in here, but I don't want you to feel like it is a chore.  Has your doctor used the Doppler with you before?

It has been my theme of today - boy names just aren't as much fun. Girl names are a blast.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @footprint‌ Passing my loss milestone was a huge weight lifted. I am feeling more and more relaxed as each day goes on. I also think it helps that work has kept me busy so I don't have time to think. I also started feeling kicks this week so that provides more reassurance.
  • I think I'm ready to join in now... 

EDD
    : May 11 // Weeks: 6 // Fruit: pea

Worries:
    I'm trying so hard not to worry, but it's impossible. I just worry about every little thing I do. I look back at my previous losses and wonder if certain things I did may have caused it. I'm worried about lifting my son, not resting enough, resting too much, drinking enough water, exposing myself to anything toxic, eating the wrong foods... I know y'all understand. 

Appointments scheduled:
    We heard the heartbeat today, yay! We go back next Tuesday for a repeat ultrasound. 

I've officially passed all my loss milestones, and my first EDD is coming up at the end of this month. I would have had a RCS sometime at the end of this month or early October. I'm just so glad I have something to be happy about as I pass over it.

We've thrown around a few names here and there. The names I thought I loved when I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of this year, I don't really love anymore. We're not positive, but I think we may be team green if we can hold out. That'll only make deciding on a name more difficult!
    imageimage
    Me: 29 DH:30 married 6/5/10
    DS: 10/12/12 via ECS (blood clot in umbilical cord)
    BFP 1/25/14 mc at 6 1/2 weeks  EDD: 10/4/14
    BFP 4/10/14 mc at 4 1/2 weeks  EDD: 12/15/14
    BFP 5/14/14 mc at 5 1/2 weeks  EDD: 1/20/15
    BFP 8/28/14 *please, please stick*  EDD: 5/10/15
  • nohalo21 said:
    @footprint‌ Passing my loss milestone was a huge weight lifted. I am feeling more and more relaxed as each day goes on. I also think it helps that work has kept me busy so I don't have time to think. I also started feeling kicks this week so that provides more reassurance.
    I am so happy for you! It is nice that work is keeping you busy, keeps a lady from obsessing. I've been feeling the kicks lately and I love it too. Yay for this update. Try and really enjoy it all.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I'm ready to join in now... 

EDD: May 11 // Weeks: 6 // Fruit: pea

Worries:
    I'm trying so hard not to worry, but it's impossible. I just worry about every little thing I do. I look back at my previous losses and wonder if certain things I did may have caused it. I'm worried about lifting my son, not resting enough, resting too much, drinking enough water, exposing myself to anything toxic, eating the wrong foods... I know y'all understand. 

Appointments scheduled:
    We heard the heartbeat today, yay! We go back next Tuesday for a repeat ultrasound. 

I've officially passed all my loss milestones, and my first EDD is coming up at the end of this month. I would have had a RCS sometime at the end of this month or early October. I'm just so glad I have something to be happy about as I pass over it.

We've thrown around a few names here and there. The names I thought I loved when I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of this year, I don't really love anymore. We're not positive, but I think we may be team green if we can hold out. That'll only make deciding on a name more difficult!
    Welcome to first trimester check-in! Congrats on your positive, double congrats on hearing the heartbeat, and triple congrats on passing all your loss milestone! What an epic month for you! Yay!

It's hard for me to speak about loss with multiple loss ladies, because I have had one loss and I know it isn't a competition or pain olympics, but what works for me might not work for you and I don't want to say something stupid. My first pregnancy, I didn't watch caffeine too closely, I didn't eat well, I was just not that conscious of the things I should have been doing and my son was healthy in every way. With my second pregnancy I didn't drink caffeine, I watched what I ate, I was so careful of everything, and I miscarried. 

So for this pregnancy, I made educated decisions and stuck with them, I didn't let myself worry about them once I made the decision. I drink under 200mg of caffeine a day, I eat healthier but allow myself treats if am craving them.  I hate the idea that somehow I caused my own MC, because we all know about crack babies and fetal alcohol syndrome and nothing I did/didn't do during my pregnancy was that detrimental to my health. So, I choose to believe that the healthier we can be, the better, but we aren't causing our losses. Decide to not worry. Decide to be elated. Decide to celebrate this pregnancy!

I'm sorry, I'm not sure why I wrote you this novella. I hope I didn't scare you off from continuing with first trimester check-in!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited September 2014
    @footprint
    Did you do anything fun for your bday?

A few weeks ago hubby took me to my first ever drive in movie. Had to drive an hour to find one. Did it early cuz they all close for the season in september here. (too cold in colorado in the fall I guess lol)  He also took me out to eat, brought home a 30 balloon, 2 cards (on said 30 one said 3 lol) and some cheese cake. He preordered to original my little pony series on DVD for me too. (I'm such a big kid lol)  We were gonna have a small party with friends here but it was canceled because everyone got sick! lol maybe this next weekend though.

Do you have an u/s later today or just an OB appointment?  

It was a regular appointment, but she has me come in every week and always uses the portable U/S machine to ease my PgAL Brain lol. We saw peep and even saw him/her moving around. =) I go back in a week to check again. No real U/S scheduled yet with the big machine.. I can't wait cuz that one is so nice and clear and I get pictures to keep too lol. 
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

• @footprint - My doctor tried to use the Doppler on me at 10 weeks but couldn't find the heartbeat. Instead I had an ultrasound and the baby was fine. I think at my 15 week appointment they should be able to find the heartbeat with the Doppler, right?

BFP #1 on 3/26/14.  M/C on 4/29/14 (Blighted ovum).
    BFP #2 on 7/6/14.  EDD 3/19/15. 
  • *lurking* not first trimester but wanted to wish all you lovely ladies happy,healthy pregnancies!!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • @footprint - My doctor tried to use the Doppler on me at 10 weeks but couldn't find the heartbeat. Instead I had an ultrasound and the baby was fine. I think at my 15 week appointment they should be able to find the heartbeat with the Doppler, right?
    I would think that the Doppler would pick up at 15 weeks. I was 12 weeks and a few days when the NP found it with the Doppler.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • pblgepblge member
    edited September 2014
    Hi Ladies! Late to the game as always.

EDD/Week/Fruit

April 17th, 9+5, Olive (?!)

I've been having very light spotting, which is worrisome, especially as I'm Rh negative. It's mostly been so light that normal people wouldn't have noticed it, but I'm ready for it to stop. It's also interfering with my desire to exercise again and so forth. I got a Rhogam shot today, and I'm anxiously awaiting all my test results from last week, including the Rh sensitization test. I felt SO much better when I was able to quickly find the heartbeat last night with the Doppler--first attempt!

Appointments scheduled

Next Wednesday!

This is furthest along I've been. :)

We've been talking about this for over two years, so we have tentative names: Kora Kathleen and Quinn Peter (middle names are from family). We're not 100% committed, so we'll keep talking. My OH hates all the names and would like something really weird and hippyish, like Lake. It's mostly been an amicable discussion, but I think we'd better table it until after we know the sex.

@footprint - My OB experience was kinda crazy and hard to describe pithily. I wrote about it here. I saw my OB again today briefly, and I really like her, so I think we're going to stay put for the next month, through the NT scan, then revisit the issue. As always, thanks for running this check-in!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Hi ladies. Been a long week and I'm so tired! I'm taking 2 days off so I'll have a four day weekend, soooo excited and needed!

EDD/Week/Fruit  April 19th, 9w3d olive

I'm doing ok. Since my Mom's diagnosis, my fears have really been on the back burner. I've also been really busy at work so haven't had much time to think. I am worried that when I get my US next week, baby won't have a heart beat. I've had a few dreams that baby stopped growing or I had a miscarriage. So I'll be feeling much`better after my next US

Appointments scheduled  
    Tomorrow we see the nurse for basic interview thingy. Then next Thurs we see our OB, so excited!

None

We picked out names while we were pregnant with Ana. We always knew our first daughter would be Anastasia. We like Willow for a second daughter's name. If it's a boy, it will be Caden. :) I'm pretty sure it will be Caden and then we'll have Willow in a few years. :) We'll see! I wasn't a huge fan of Anastasia initially, but it is the perfect fit for our angel princess! I love both Caden and Willow...I think they were initially my ideas. We're not sure of middle names...I was thinking either Jacob or Joseph for Caden, and Willow Emily, Emily after my Mom.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• chickinNH said:
    Hi ladies!

EDD/Week/Fruit: Apr 17 / Week 9 / Green Olive (although 'grape' sounds yummier right now)

: Worried I won't hear a heartbeat at the next appt (9/26)

Appointments scheduled
    : First OB appt is scheduled for 9/26 but I have my intake appt with the nurse this Friday. I really wish I was going to hear the HB this Friday.

: Not for a while

We have agreed on a lot of girls names but no boys names yet. We had planned to use a certain boys name (after DH's grandfather) for our last baby but I was never really huge on it because there's a guy at work that I intensely dislike with that same name.  Now that name is tied to our last child though so we will not use it for this baby if it's a boy. Guess we better get brainstorming!
    Whoa we have the same intake with nurse and OB appointment dates one day apart! Weird haha

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• oh and @footprint  yes I'm having symptoms, but this week they have gotten better! I've had more nausea than my first pregnancy. Threw up once, lots of gaging. But it's been better. Really, really tired today and on and off tender boobs. I am craving canned green beans, so weird! 

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• pblge said:

EDD/Week/Fruit

I've been having very light spotting, which is worrisome, especially as I'm Rh negative. It's mostly been so light that normal people wouldn't have noticed it, but I'm ready for it to stop. It's also interfering with my desire to exercise again and so forth. I got a Rhogam shot today, and I'm anxiously awaiting all my test results from last week, including the Rh sensitization test. I felt SO much better when I was able to quickly find the heartbeat last night with the Doppler--first attempt!

Appointments scheduled

Next Wednesday!

We've been talking about this for over two years, so we have tentative names: Kora Kathleen and Quinn Peter (middle names are from family). We're not 100% committed, so we'll keep talking. My OH hates all the names and would like something really weird and hippyish, like Lake. It's mostly been an amicable discussion, but I think we'd better table it until after we know the sex.

@footprint - My OB experience was kinda crazy and hard to describe pithily. I wrote about it here. I saw my OB again today briefly, and I really like her, so I think we're going to stay put for the next month, through the NT scan, then revisit the issue. As always, thanks for running this check-in!
    I am so sorry about the spotting. It has to be stressful. Is your OB or RE concerned at all, beyond the Rh concerns? I'm glad that you were able to get the Rhogam promptly. I read your post on RH negative and I found it fascinating. I was somehow able to skip biology in both high school and college and was able to learn from your post and that's cool.

I love both of those names! I like hippyish names, too, because I am not very hippyish. I love the name Fern for a girl, but my H hates it, which I get. I don't know that I could actually use a hippyish name, but I love them.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • oh and @footprint  yes I'm having symptoms, but this week they have gotten better! I've had more nausea than my first pregnancy. Threw up once, lots of gaging. But it's been better. Really, really tired today and on and off tender boobs. I am craving canned green beans, so weird! 
    Ok, seriously, when I was about 7 or 8 weeks along, I craved canned sweet peas. It was the weirdest thing -- they had to be canned, not frozen. I ate cans and cans of them for a week or two and then forgot about them. I haven't even thought of them again until I read your post. I have also had more nausea this pregnancy than I have had in past ones.

Enjoy your four day weekend! Try and relax! I hope tomorrow's appointment goes well. I love all of your name choices, too!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • footprint said:
    pblge said:

EDD/Week/Fruit

Appointments scheduled

Next Wednesday!

I am so sorry about the spotting. It has to be stressful. Is your OB or RE concerned at all, beyond the Rh concerns? I'm glad that you were able to get the Rhogam promptly. I read your post on RH negative and I found it fascinating. I was somehow able to skip biology in both high school and college and was able to learn from your post and that's cool.

I'm on pelvic rest, but the nurse said the OB would just look for the heartbeat, and I've been hearing that readily with the doppler. I suspect this is just related to the unusual mechanism of conception, as everything else still seems great. The Rh negative stuff is still a education for me, too!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"