Pregnant after IF
Options

Are you revealing baby's name?

I'm just curious, we have picked a name and DH is 100% that's what he wants and i'm 95% - but i don't want to yell any of my friends or family - that way if i do change my mind no one will try to surprise me with an embroidered gift... plus i don't get to hear their opinions on the name - good or bad.  DH thinks i'm nuts but is keeping quiet anyway

Just wondering if i'm over thinking this or are their others like me who are keeping the name under lock and key?

imageimageimage
***Siggy Warning***
TTC Since Feb 2011 - HSG Aug 2012 opened 1 tube - Lap Nov 2012 confirmed Endo. 
May 2013 both tubes blocked by hydrosalpinx. Nov 2013 Essure Placed permanently blocking both tubes

IVF #1 - Jan/Feb 2014 Patch Protocol - 3 day 5 blasts Frosties - transferred 1 blast BFN 
FET #1 - May 15 transferred 1 blast - HPT May 22 BFP - Beta #1 May 26 - 578 - Beta #2 May 28 1707
U/S #1 June 9 6w4d hb 111 - U/S #2 June 17 7w5d HB 156 - EDD Jan 29, 2015

Re: Are you revealing baby's name?

• Options
    Depends how sensitive you are...someone will eventually, at best, say something stupid, or at worst, tell you everyday that you are ruining the child's life. My friend's MIL actually convinced her to change the name on the birth certificate while they were at the hospital, 7 years later she still regrets changing her daughter's name from the one she originally picked out.

We are keeping our names to ourselves, I just cant be bothered with stupid people's opinions. But some people love to share, and handle criticism just fine.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    I think that's my problem - i'm too sensitive and i don't want anyone to taint the name in any way - plus as I said I'm reserving the right to change my mind if I discover a name i love even more

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***
    TTC Since Feb 2011 - HSG Aug 2012 opened 1 tube - Lap Nov 2012 confirmed Endo. 
    May 2013 both tubes blocked by hydrosalpinx. Nov 2013 Essure Placed permanently blocking both tubes

IVF #1 - Jan/Feb 2014 Patch Protocol - 3 day 5 blasts Frosties - transferred 1 blast BFN 
    FET #1 - May 15 transferred 1 blast - HPT May 22 BFP - Beta #1 May 26 - 578 - Beta #2 May 28 1707
    U/S #1 June 9 6w4d hb 111 - U/S #2 June 17 7w5d HB 156 - EDD Jan 29, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are telling everyone that we have a short list (5-6 names) and we are going to wait until the boys are born to name them. In reality, we are pretty set with two of those names unless they really don't fit. I don't really care to hear people's opinions, and even if my MIL keeps her mouth shut, she manages to convey her thoughts with her face anyway. She has already tried to get one name onto our list and we nixed it right away. Everyone seems to like our list when we tell them. I've also been paranoid in general about this entire pregnancy, so I really don't want to name them until we see them out, safe and sound!
    siggy warning

Anniversary

Me:29 DH:30
    TTC since 10/11
    HSG, BW, Ultrasound, SA, Genetic testing, Karyotype - all normal
    DX - Unexplained IF
    3/13-9/13 - 2 Clomid IUIs & 3 Injectable IUIs - All BFN
    Cycle 25 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol - ER 11/18 (11R, 9F) - ET 11/23 (1 "good" early blast) - none left to freeze - BFN
    Cycle 26 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol  - ER 1/17 (12R, 11M, 8 F) - ET 1/22 (2 "good" expanded blasts) 
    2 frosties - Beta 2/4 - BFP! 2104, 2/7 -  4780, ultrasound 2/12 - holy shiz, there are 2!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    we've decided to not tell anyone our baby name, because (1) I really don't want to hear anyones inevitable reactions to the name, and (2) we feel like we lost so much privacy from our IF journey, and we want to reclaim our privacy

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
    IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
    FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

• Options
    We shared with DS, but are keeping this baby's name a surprise from everyone. I don't want any comments or opinions and I wanted one surprise at her birth :)

If you want to keep it a surprise, go for it! Especially if you aren't 100% yet and if you don't want to hear other's opinions.
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh - I can't even think about names now.  I'm still in the mindset of too much planning will jinx it.  Hopefully, I'll get over that by the 2nd trimester.

I don't think its crazy at all to keep it secret.  I think your point about embroidered gifts is a good one - you don't want someone to go through the trouble and then feel hurt.  I've heard lots of stories of people having a name picked out, but when the birthday boy or girl appears, another name just feels right.  (My parents have 5 kids, and 4 of us are, "You're name was going to be...., but....."  Only my oldest brother, who is a Jr. is the only one who wasn't renamed at birth).

Besides, there is something exciting about keeping it a surprise.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The only reason I can think of that would convince me to tell anyone oir names is to prepare them for disappointment. My dad would really like a grandson named after him, and that's not gonna happen, for a variety of reasons, not least that he's been a jerk for most of my life. In fact, it's likely that a mn would be after my fil.

Naming is so hard! We started talking about names two years ago, so we have two picked out, but there's a good chance we'll reconsider. Just this weekend we heard about a cousin who had a name picked out for her daughter, but took one look at her and decided it wasn't right.
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    We're down to 3-4 boy and girl names, and no one IRL knows what they are.  I think that I've shared them on one of the boards I post on, but not with anyone who I actually know.  I don't want others' opinions, and who knows what we'll actually decide on when he or she arrives!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    There are plenty of people who don't want to share the names. To each their own. 

We shared ours (even through the naming process when we were still thinking over names) because I liked having outside feedback and I have pretty thick skin. My kids are the ones who are going to have to live with the names the rest of their lives, so I didn't want anything people are going to be secretly side eyeing. 

To be honest, my family cannot pronounce our boy's name (Ari -- they pronounce it like Air-ee), but I consider that their issue (it's a real name and I spelled it correctly -- can't make it any easier). Everyone seems to like Willa, but I've had a few double takes when I've told them her legal name will be Wilhelmina (but, as I said, it's a real name -- albeit a little old fashioned -- and spelled correctly. Plus, she won't be called that often, so it just didn't see like a big issue). 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We are 100% confident on our boy name (Benjamin) and have told people that would be the name...So I have no problems with people knowing. I know I won't change the name no matter what.

DH on the other hand tells everyone our girl name- which I'm still not 100% on... especially after reading some not so great comments about it over on the baby name board... 
    So far our top name for a girl is Avalyn - we both lost our mothers during our IF battle so the 'lyn' would honor his mother, and the middle name would be after mine.

Sometimes I wonder is DH tells everyone so I'm guilted into using it.. hmmm....
    ***WARNING***

TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

**ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 

• Options
    penad5 said:
    I think that's my problem - i'm too sensitive and i don't want anyone to taint the name in any way - plus as I said I'm reserving the right to change my mind if I discover a name i love even more

This is why we have decided we won't be sharing her name til she's born. When I found out I was pg, I mentioned some possible b/g names to my mom and sister and got comments. I don't want anyone ruining any name for us.
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear
    11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
    IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
    IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
    Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
    1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kmc84kmc84 member
    edited September 2014
    When I was pregnant with A, we told no one (except my BFF) what our names were and we were very happy with that decision. We did not want to hear and comments/criticism good or bad. We will not be sharing this time either :)

My BFF has unique, but not odd, names for her sons and her ILs were terrible when they shared names.

@poohniki‌ my bil and sil told everyone their son's name was going to be Benjamin. The day he was born they picked a different name! I still have trouble not calling him Benjamin and he is 2! (FWIW, I really like Benjamin!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    We told. That said, we had a name we were 95% with in the beginning and ended up changing our minds. A few people have said they preferred that name (James) to the name we picked (Ryan), but that doesn't bother me.  However, some people would prefer no comments whatsoever.  So until you are sure, probably best to not share.

For us, we felt we needed to tell FIL before we even found out if it were a boy or a girl so he was prepared in case it was a boy (and it is) that we're not naming him the Fourth (DH is a Third).  FIL took it about as well as could be expected (some mild push back, but ultimately came around).  By the time we found out it was a boy and told him, FIL excitedly said, "Baby Ryan!" which made me very happy we prepared him ahead of time.

I also do want a few things personalized, though only a few.  I did ask the shower hosts to NOT share the name, just that it's a boy.  We hope to re-use most items with any future children we may have so we don't want everything monogrammed & personalized.  We don't mind "boy-ish" things, because we would still use most of them if we have a girl, but only a few select items with Ryan's name that will be his to keep (a blanket, some decorations, etc.)
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    We are team green so we are sharing names. MIL told DH that Wesley was too feminine for a boy but I don't care and neither does he. We don't agree and this is our baby to name, not hers. She made life difficult for her daughter by giving her the same bane as her dad. No one knows which one is being talked to or about. Not sharing names is up there with gender reveals for me. I just don't get it but to each her own.
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Options

We haven't discussed it yet, but I want to keep it a secret for all the reasons mentioned above. I don't want or care for other people's opinions and I don't want it to confuse me. My SIL for whatever reason put her top choices on FB for opinions and everyone HATED her favorite choice, which she went for anyway. So I'm not sure what the point of that was.

We are probably going to reveal the gender so the name will be a surprise.

My aunt was going to name her daughter Kelly, but took one look at her and saw that she was a Kerri instead :) So I also want to keep it open because we have a few that we proably will like.

Me: 29, DH: 30

Married: April, 2011; TTC: July, 2012

Dx: MFI; June '14 IVF w/ ICSI: 11R, 8M, 5F... 1 5dt, beta #1: 213, beta #2: 621, beta #3: 8545!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No.  We are waiting to tell everyone until she's born.  I made the mistake of telling my mom what name I liked for a boy and she had no problems telling me that she didn't care for the name.  No matter what, someone will always have something to say about the baby's name so be prepared.
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• Options
    @Neesey‌ - I love Wesley! DH doesn't. :( Have your MIL watch The Princess Bride.
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    @Neesey one of my friends has a son named Wesley!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    SKLHSKLH member
    edited September 2014
    Ducky719 said:
    We were lucky and Sophie was very well received. Joy, her middle name, was not (by my mother). I've got really tough skin so it just rolled off. I def would have waited if i was feeling sensitive tho...which honestly is how I'm feeling this time so i may wait. At least until we find out gender.
    @Ducky719 Joy wasn't received well!? We are picking the middle name Joy too and I LOVE it!
    Me (28) DH (32)  Endometriosis                                                                                   IVF  #1 (1/2013) - 17 Retrieved, 16 Mature, 14 Fertilized- 2 transferred- BFN
    FET #1 (7/2013) - 2 embryos - BFN
    FET #2 (9/2013) - 2 emrbyos - BFN
    New RE. Fresh Start
    IVF  #2 (2/2014) - 25 Retrieved, 19 Mature, 16 Fertilized, 9 blasts.
                                 CGH Testing: 6 Normal
    FET #3 (4/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 35 Beta #2: 16 :(
    FET #4 (5/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 321!!! Beta #2: 727.9!
    6/5/2014 Heartbeat! 144bpm It's a girl!
    Due January!

• Options
    @pblge‌ and @kmc84‌ glad you guys like it too. Most reactions have been super positive. Hers was the only negative. She's seen Princess Bride but I think because it isn't a "traditional" name she doesn't like it. Since our girl pick is loosely after my sister's name, she knew not to touch that one!
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Options
    We are still working on names but have 2 that we agreed on. But we are still looking to see if something "better" pops up. I made DH promise not to share the names with his family bc I don't want the commentary/opinions etc. I did tell my mom and 2 friends what the "possible" names are but made it clear that they weren't set in stone yet. It personally bugs me when people refer to the baby by name before they are actually born and no one can do this if they don't know the name.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    I thought we'd be originally in the camping of telling our names, but with twins coming I wanted to find out the sexes (I'm a planner). My husband really wants at least one surprise for the birth, so the names it is . . .we have a short list of about 5 - 6 names but I think our decision will be made once we see them. I'll admit, I'm kinda of stressed about it, but at the same time kinda of excited. 
    Me: 37 DH: 41
    Dx: Endometriosis
    TTC May 2012
    Jan 2014 IUI#1: BFN
    Feb 2014 IUI #2: BFP
    Beta #1: 403
    First u/s: 3/14 It is TWINS!!
    EDD: 11/12/2014 ~ Boys x2
    ~~ All welcomed ~~

• Options
    We are not sharing. We don't have names picked out yet, but my mother does (?!?!). She is insistent on calling the fetus "Auggie" for either August (boy) or Augusta (girl). Fine names, but definitely not what we're choosing. Since she's being so odd about it, I've decided we're 100% keeping our names between just my husband and me. 
    *****************siggy/ticker warning*****************************

-Me: anovulatory/ hypothalamic amenorrhea / H: all good
    -IUI  Medicated TI Cycle #1 (Dec): Menopur  + Ovidrel + TI  = BFN
    -Benched for work issues Jan/Feb
    -IUI 1.2: Menopur + Ovidrel = BFN
    -IVF #1- Menopur + Follistim = 12R / 7M / 4F -- first beta-260, second 520. EDD 2/22/15

Welcome Dane 02/09!

• Options
    We are not. We are team green and have a short list of a couple of names, but we have had enough flack about using IVF and then a surrogate. I just don't have the strength to take any more gruff from people.

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    hopeby2015hopeby2015 member
    edited September 2014
    If people ask, we give em a list of names we're considering because just like you, dh is 100% and I'm 95% set on the name. So I like the idea of keeping it a surprise and at the same time, reserve the right to change it if we find something better. Also, I really hate it when people call the baby by a name. Dh does it and it drives me nuts! I feel like I'm jinxing it!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We started a list on our one year anniversary trip (3 + years ago!).  We have a definite girl's name, and a back up just in case.  And we are pretty sure on the boys names (but have alternates).

We are not sharing with anyone - and we are team Green.  This of course drives people nuts.  Our reasons for not sharing - we don't want to hear any judgement on names - and I feel like once we announce our baby with their name, anyone who has a strong opinion of the name will hopefully keep it to him or herself.
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I held out so long dh's family was pissed. I didn't feel like I HAD to tell anyone. They are so judgmental and I just wanted it to ourselves for a bit incase we changed it (reasons you said!). We ended up using it and telling them- but on our terms where both families were together so his mom couldn't blab it and hold it over Evernote that she knew before them. I never realized how much drama could happen over a name! This time, I think we will still have the same Drama, but I'm ready for it and they know I will stick my ground until I'm ready. Only say it if you are sure you are sure that you are sure :) then, ignore any comments!!!
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    cls78cls78 member
    edited September 2014
    Not until after they are born. We really don't want opinions from our families. I have told a few strangers and got good feedback. ;). lol. We agreed with names pretty quick. (good thing we are having girls, because we struggled with boy names).

We are 98% sure we are going with...

Claire Elizabeth and Isla Irene :)
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"