Babies on the Brain
Options

Expecting brides?

Hello all! I am getting married October 24, 2015 and I wanted to ask a sort of strange question. My fiancé and I would like to try to conceive as soon as possible. I would prefer that we conceive around September so baby will be there in June 2016 because I am a student and a teacher so I have summers off already and it would simply be convenient. My question is, will my wedding dress still fit if I'm between 1 and 2 months pregnant? Please keep all religious propaganda off of this post, I don't give a flying fart if I'm a "knocked up" bride! 

Disclaimer: I UNDERSTAND THAT BABIES CAN'T BE MICROMANAGED. I just really would like to try to make it best for our family! 

Re: Expecting brides?

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    Probably.  But it depends. Some people look completely normal for months, others bloat up.  I personally put on 10lbs of water weight with both kids the minute the stick turned pink and none of my pants fit by 8 or 10 weeks.  But in a wedding dress you can always corset the crap out of yourself.  It won't hurt the baby at that point.

AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL. But yeah, I'll follow up that information with a good luck getting pregnant when you want to.  That almost never works.

This was exactly me too.  But then I had friends that were still in thier regular jeans at 5 months, so it's really impossible to tell.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I had strangers congratulating me and asking if I was having twins at 9 weeks. I would assume the style of dress you choose will be the deciding factor. There is no way I could've fit into something like a mermaid/trumpet style dress but an a-line with no waist detailing would've been fine. There's no way to tell how bloated you'll be -it varies drastically from person to person and even from pregnancy to pregnancy.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you all for the replies. I just wasn't sure, I've never really thought about it too much. It's not a huge deal to me, I'm just one of those people that like to plan every single detail about my life years ahead of time. 
  • Options
    Lets assume you somehow do get pregnant right away....

We have no idea how your body will react.  Just be prepared for any situation, I guess.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you're doing the traditional wedding dress thing, you'll probably want to order 5-6 months out at the latest (I ordered mine end of May the year I got married, it got to the shop early October, I got married 1st week of November). Assuming you haven't already gotten the dress, I would probably put away any ideas of fitted or mermaid, if you're going to really stick to this, because those are going to be a lot harder to let out if you bloat up (dresses these days don't leave generous seams). I wouldn't order a different size, but I might stick to looking at dresses that veer a little more A-line or modified ball gown. Or you can go empire waist if you really want to be sure, but be aware that may cause you to look pregnant even if you aren't, which, if you aren't and want to be, could add a whole layer of awkward and crap feelings to a day that should be happy.

I just would plan like I wouldn't be pregnant. I know that sounds harsh, but the last thing you're going to want is if you aren't (or, like me, the first day of your period ends up being your wedding day) to have planned a bunch of stuff as though you were going to be.

I probably could have worn my dress, which was a ballgown with a fitted but high waist, with some extra Spanx.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Or I would order your dress a size up. And be prepared to pay for alterations. When I got pregnant my boobs was the first to change, they got bigger, harder and sore. I am lucky that I haven't gained so much weight during this pregnancy overall but it varies for everyone.
    Again, be aware that plans doesn't always go exactly the way you would want it to go in regards to conceiving. But good luck!
  • Options
    WatchmansMoonWatchmansMoon member
    edited September 2014
    Another thing to consider:  You can't rule out that you'll be feeling awful with morning sickness while you're finishing the final details and preparing for the wedding, not to mention the wedding itself and the honeymoon.  Morning sickness could throw a wrench into all of those plans.  It was really awful for me when I had it, so I can't imagine enjoying my wedding or honeymoon feeling like that. You, on the other hand, may be fine!  Remember, too, that coming off birth control may delay conception by a few months as well, though you didn't mention what method you're using currently.  Your body may need a while before you can conceive. That said, congrats on your marriage ~ I hope your wedding is stress-free and a very happy day for both of you!  Hugs.
  • Options
    I worked for a bridal salon for a few years and my specialty was fitting. Please make sure you tell them that you are pregnant or trying to be. Some styles/designers don't alter well. Also keep in mind that most dresses need to be ordered 6-12 months prior to allow the dress to get to you and altered.
  • Options
    MKM2014MKM2014 member
    edited September 2014
    Have you bought your dress yet?

Mine had a corset back & I was glad for the wiggle room. If you're at all interested in that look, it's worth looking into.

I was pretty stressed right before my wedding, there were lots of little details that popped up at the last minute & we had a lot of out of town family staying at our house. I only had the day before the wedding off of work & in general just felt a bit overwhelmed. I didn't eat much & lost about 5-6 pounds in water weight the week before the wedding.

It all came back on during the honeymoon of course! But the dress fit like a glove because the corset could be pulled as tight as needed. Like some others have said you might lose weight in early pregnancy too especially if you have nausea early on
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"