TTC after 35
Options

Allow me to introduce myself. (Warning - children, loss mentioned)

Greetings. First day here. Used to frequent some other boards years back but only recently came back.  Read the intro and was told to do my own intro so here it goes.

I started TTC at 27 without any luck. We had tried clomid and that didn't do anything but make me a crazy woman.  I sought the help of an RE and was diagnosed with PCOS and had to take some magic injections so I could ovulate.  We were very fortunate to become pregnant with twins after our first IUI and my son and daughter were born in 2009.  In 2012 we decided to try again, this time taking letrozole to bring on ovulation and I became pregnant during the second month using OPK's and timed intercourse. Unfortunately, at the 8 week ultrasound the heartbeat was no longer there and the doctor determined I had a missed miscarriage.  That kind of scared me off for a while so we put TTC on hold and focused on the twins.  But having a third baby has always been at the back of my mind.  DH doesn't push for it - but says he'd be happy if we were to have another.  Our biggest concerns are the stress of trying to get pregnant again, and the fear of going through another loss. We're also in the process of trying to find a bigger home, so timing wise I know that it's logical to wait a little while before we ttc.  In the meantime I'm trying to lose some weight and get healthier because that wouldn't hurt anything, right?

So here's my deep dark secret... technically, I am 34...but only for a couple more months and the title is "ttc after 35" which is accurate as I plan to start ttc after my 35th birthday. Anyhow, I'd love to hang out here if that's ok and get some perspective, and I might throw in a useless comment on your postings now and then too.  I know that I'm nowhere near old, but I am in utter disbelief that the time between "I hope I don't get pregnant" and "I hope it's not too late" goes so dang fast.

As far as the rest of the world not related to my uterus:

I am a cheesehead

I admit to being a Bravo addict, if only to make my life seem normal

Items on my bucket list include: being a game show contestant; Renewing my wedding vows in Vegas with an Elvis impersonator as the officiant; seeing first hand whether or not the Alamo has a basement and enjoying a margarita on the Riverwalk afterwards

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

Re: Allow me to introduce myself. (Warning - children, loss mentioned)

• Options
    Welcome!  Best wishes!
  • Options
    Welcome to the board and good luck!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.
    Welcome to the board, you are close enough to 35.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Welcome fellow Cheesehead (assuming I know what you are talking about).

Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    A margarita lover? My kind of gal! 
    And FWIW-- I came on here at 34 too because I was only a month shy of my 35th birthday. No one really minds.
    Welcome, and I wish you the very best! :)
  • Options
    thank you ladies. sorry if I was longwinded...but maybe get used to it :)

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    Welcome and good luck.  Sorry for your loss.

Me: 43, DOR   FI: 44, SA normal
    TTC Since Nov 2013

01/2014: Meeting with RE to discuss options
    02/2014: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    03/2014: on the bench
    05/2014: meeting with RE to discuss Donor IVF options
    09/2014 - IVF#1 - converted to IUI - BFN

• Options
    Welcome! I'm from the Midwest and also love Bravo. :-)

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    hi there! don't worry, i popped in before I was 35 too :)
  • Options
    Welcome, youngin' ;)
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Options
    Welcome, sorry for your loss
  • Options
    Welcome - sorry for your loss. Good luck on your TTC journey!

• Options
    Welcome to the board! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I had a missed miscarriage, too. It is scary, but just remember each pregnancy is different. Welcome!
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for you loss.  Welcome and best of luck!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    welcome!
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"