September 2012 Moms
Options

A case of the Mondays

How was your weekend? Randoms? Questions? Vents?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A case of the Mondays

• Options
    Both of my kids have colds. I guess Maya's is getting worse because she didn't even want to get out of bed this morning. She was like dressing a limp noodle and she asked me to carry her downstairs. She is never, never like that. She wasn't running a fever but I could tell she wasn't right. I had to take her to school since I have no accrued days yet. I feel terrible.

We had a great day yesterday just playing outside with nothing to do. This weekend and next will be busy, so I was cherishing the relaxation.
  • Options
    My friend and boot camp instructor is no longer able to teach on Mondays. While I understand, he didn't tell me first. I feel kind of betrayed that he is cancelling on us because we have been taking class and been friends for almost 5 years now. It seems so silly.

Since my back is feeling better and I have been running more, I am okay with the cancelling, but I wish he had told me first. I hated having to hear it from someone else. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry, @shiggybop - I had to LOL at your boob pad falling out.  That sounds exactly like something that would happen to me.  

My weekend was extra long (took Friday off), so it's hard to be back today.  It was so nice to get some time with just the boys on Friday, with no plans (other than family pictures in the morning).  Our Saturday was insanely busy (Soccer pictures, soccer practice, soccer game, playdate, birthday party).

By Sunday, I was a bit exhausted, but we trekked out to the zoo for a bit and watched football in the afternoon.  My house isn't as clean as I would like it to be, but I had a fun weekend!  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    We had a low key weekend. Spent most of it packing, it feels good to get rid of some stuff. Took our usual trip to Target.

At 3:30 am Lily woke up asking for water, which she never does. To nurse yes, water no. She felt warm and I just had a bad feeling. Not 20 min later, she threw up. It was a small amount luckily. She had a fever of 101.

I'm home with her today. She wanted a bowl of cereal, so now I'm just hoping it stays down. I've only been back to work 2 weeks, so I feel bad about that. Lily hasn't been sick in forever though, so I won't complain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The weekend was busy but fun! We had DD's party on Saturday. It rained, but we still made the most of it with everyone inside -- we had 21 adults and 6 kids in the end. The kids spent a ton of time playing with DD's new roller coaster, so that present has already earned its worth, IMO. DD loved her party and just had a blast visiting with everyone.

Yesterday morning, we bummed around, made raisin bread French toast and played with DD's new toys. I went to get my new tattoo in the afternoon, and then the kids and I hit the park after dinner bc DH had a work event.

Because of all the party fun, I didn't get to the usual errands, so a Target run is on the list for this week. 

• Options
    The kids have their school pictures tomorrow and Leo got a couple mosquito bites on his face last night. I told DH to make sure he is always sprayed down this weekend because we have school and family pictures this week. He sprayed him after he got bit. GRRRRR.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    My best friend is a few weeks ahead of me she's due in march and I'm in april. She's been able to listen to the heart beat with her doppler for a few weeks now. Very predictable. Yesterday she couldn't find the hb. Tried for 40 min in the am. Tried again in the afternoon. She was going to try again this am before going to work to scan herself (l&d nurse at a hospital). I haven't heard anything from her at all. I'm so worried. She just had a loss in November. I'm so worried for her. She has infertility issues. I really just hope all is ok. Hard to wait patiently for news from her.
  • Options
    I'm just gonna keep it real...as much of a brat as it may make me sound. Today's my birthday and it's been just a regular old day. I've been teary all morning because I'm realizing more and more that birthdays are no longer days to feel special and set apart...it's just another day when you're a mom.

I have bought myself quite bit of clothes lately and DH put together Camden's furniture like I asked. We're going out tonight, too, so I guess all is not lost. But still...I just want to forget I have responsibilities for one day.

Bah humbug.

Anniversary

• Options

My best friend is a few weeks ahead of me she's due in march and I'm in april. She's been able to listen to the heart beat with her doppler for a few weeks now. Very predictable. Yesterday she couldn't find the hb. Tried for 40 min in the am. Tried again in the afternoon. She was going to try again this am before going to work to scan herself (l&d nurse at a hospital). I haven't heard anything from her at all. I'm so worried. She just had a loss in November. I'm so worried for her. She has infertility issues. I really just hope all is ok. Hard to wait patiently for news from her.

I hope all is well for her and baby is just hiding.

Anniversary

• Options
    MrsKipper said:

I'm just gonna keep it real...as much of a brat as it may make me sound. Today's my birthday and it's been just a regular old day. I've been teary all morning because I'm realizing more and more that birthdays are no longer days to feel special and set apart...it's just another day when you're a mom.

I have bought myself quite bit of clothes lately and DH put together Camden's furniture like I asked. We're going out tonight, too, so I guess all is not lost. But still...I just want to forget I have responsibilities for one day.

Bah humbug.

I felt like this a little on my birthday too. DH let me sleep in and I got cards, flowers and cake but no dinner or gift like we have done in the past or like we did for his birthday. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to be a little spoiled once or twice a year.

I hope you have a great rest of the day. Happy Birthday!!!
  • Options
    MrsKipper said:
    I'm just gonna keep it real...as much of a brat as it may make me sound. Today's my birthday and it's been just a regular old day. I've been teary all morning because I'm realizing more and more that birthdays are no longer days to feel special and set apart...it's just another day when you're a mom. I have bought myself quite bit of clothes lately and DH put together Camden's furniture like I asked. We're going out tonight, too, so I guess all is not lost. But still...I just want to forget I have responsibilities for one day. Bah humbug.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  <:-P

I'm a total "brat" about my birthday.  I like to have one day a year that DH makes me feel special and that I can slack off a bit.  I'm pretty open with DH that my expectations are high.  It helps avoid any disappointment on my side and he's a pretty good sport about it.

The weekend nearest my actual birthday he gives me an entire day to sleep in and claim no kid-duty.  And that really just means I get to do all the fun stuff and he does the hard stuff.  (i.e. diapers, disciplining etc.).  That said - my birthdays haven't fallen during that early infant stage, so it was easier to pass of a 6 month old or a 9 month old than a baby.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    I'm just gonna keep it real...as much of a brat as it may make me sound. Today's my birthday and it's been just a regular old day. I've been teary all morning because I'm realizing more and more that birthdays are no longer days to feel special and set apart...it's just another day when you're a mom. I have bought myself quite bit of clothes lately and DH put together Camden's furniture like I asked. We're going out tonight, too, so I guess all is not lost. But still...I just want to forget I have responsibilities for one day. Bah humbug.
    Happy birthday! While it's true that we can't shirk mom responsibilities on our birthdays, it should still be an awesome day filled with things you love. Pack up the kids and go to Starbucks or do something that's nice for you, even if it's small. And have fun tonight!

• Options
    I don't think you sound like a brat. I'm sorry you don't get to have a responsibility free day. I totally get what you're saying about it getting less exciting the older we get and the more responsibility we have. Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    I asked DH in a kidding/not-kidding way if I could go to the Biggest Loser Resort for a week. He said if I wanted to. Now I am totally thinking about it. I guess I have to wait until after surgery, but I totes want to do it now! hahaha

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    Happy birthday @MrsKipper‌!! If it makes you feel better the last birthday I had before Zeke I was pregnant and locked myself in a bathroom crying for an hour because I was pregnant and emotional that H had bought me a joke gift instead of something I actually wanted (it was a robe embroidered with my cats face and a Ron Swanson quote :-/). So If you're a brat, I'm a brat too! It's your birthday, it SHOULD be special.
    My weekend was great with the exception of yesterday. I had a wedding party who wanted the trashiest hair and makeup ever. I seriously hope to never see them again. The hair could not be big enough and the makeup could not be heavy enough.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Apparently, if you are a supervisor, and you schedule a meeting with an employee, it is not a requirement to show up for said meeting. I am starving and have been waiting 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Apparently, if you are a supervisor, and you schedule a meeting with an employee, it is not a requirement to show up for said meeting. I am starving and have been waiting 45 minutes.
    I have a 10 minute window for non-supervisors, 15 for direct, and 20 for higher. I will not wait any longer than that. I just reschedule before I start something else so they don't think I bailed on them.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Just having one of those moments! Thanks for validating my feelings! ;)

@MelsaX‌, is it your birthday in NZ yet?? Happy Birthday to you!!

Anniversary

• Options
    This happens around here as well. I usually don't wait more than 15 minutes.  If it's near lunchtime, after 15-30 minutes I'll shoot her a note that says, "looks like you're running late, ran to grab lunch if you're looking for me I'll be back in 10."  Then again - I usually am just getting lunch from our cafeteria, so I'm not gone too long.

I've also been guilty of this myself.  If it's a recurring meeting with someone on my team (our weekly touchbase), they just know to wait until I'm back.  If it's a meeting for another reason, I'll usually send them an email explaining that I'm late and we'll reschedule.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited September 2014
    The boys were up 2x each last night. We are all super cranky. I went to court this morning while the boys were at school to try to file for a legal seperation and I guess my county doesn't do that. So now I have to figure out if I want to just go for it and file for divorce or if I want to wait. I also had to deal with a fine I got for not licensing my dogs. I'm really pissed because our vet never mentioned needing to have them licensed. Now I have to pay over $100 in penalties and I think I have to go to court over it. I really want to call my vet and bitch them out but I know it will get me nowhere, so I'm venting here ;)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    The boys were up 2x each last night. We are all super cranky. I went to court this morning while the boys were at school to try to file for a legal seperation and I guess my county doesn't do that. So now I have to figure out if I want to just go for it and file for divorce or if I want to wait. I also had to deal with a fine I got for not licensing my dogs. I'm really pissed because our vet never mentioned needing to have them licensed. Now I have to pay over $100 in penalties and I think I have to go to court over it. I really want to call my vet and bitch them out but I know it will get me nowhere, so I'm venting here ;)
    Sorry you had to deal with that today.  ((Hugs))

And, this may be an early UO, but I don't see the point of pet registration.  If it's to enforce rabies vaccinations, then I would argue that the pet owner who doesn't vaccinate for rabies, probably isn't taking the time to learn about pet registration.  I don't think it's enforced well around here either though.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    shiggybop said:

We switched to a toddler bed on Saturday. Holy hell I regret this. Last night we super nannied it and put him back in bed 93 times. I'm currently on 35 solo for nap time. He's giggling and I need a big glass of wine.

That sounds awful! So sorry he's not cooperating. I know Ethan would do this if we transitioned him. Baby jail for lyfe!
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:

And, this may be an early UO, but I don't see the point of pet registration.  If it's to enforce rabies vaccinations, then I would argue that the pet owner who doesn't vaccinate for rabies, probably isn't taking the time to learn about pet registration.  I don't think it's enforced well around here either though.
    Totally agree.  Rabies vaccinations or just extra tax revenue are the only reasons I can think of for a state to require pet licenses, but either way I think it's dumb.  So glad GA doesn't require this!
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:

Totally agree.  Rabies vaccinations or just extra tax revenue are the only reasons I can think of for a state to require pet licenses, but either way I think it's dumb.  So glad GA doesn't require this!

I completely agree also. I consider myself a decent pet owner, they are all up to date on vaccines, receive heart worm medication and tick prevention and are seen by the vet annually. The license fee is only $15 per dog, had I known about it I would have just done it. That's why I'm so frustrated.

• Options
    I can't believe a fine is that high for something per related like that! What is the purpose of licensing?

Anniversary

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    I can't believe a fine is that high for something per related like that! What is the purpose of licensing?

the license is $15 per dog. Then I got a $30 fine (each) for failing to do it. I didn't pay the fine within the 10 days they gave me because it took me a little while to come up with the $90. so now I have a court fee of $50 which I am fighting and will probably have to go to court over.

• Options
    Happy birthday @MrsKipper‌!! If it makes you feel better the last birthday I had before Zeke I was pregnant and locked myself in a bathroom crying for an hour because I was pregnant and emotional that H had bought me a joke gift instead of something I actually wanted (it was a robe embroidered with my cats face and a Ron Swanson quote :-/). So If you're a brat, I'm a brat too! It's your birthday, it SHOULD be special. My weekend was great with the exception of yesterday. I had a wedding party who wanted the trashiest hair and makeup ever. I seriously hope to never see them again. The hair could not be big enough and the makeup could not be heavy enough.
    OMG, I have a "Big Fat Greek Wedding" image in my mind right now.

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    We switched to a toddler bed on Saturday. Holy hell I regret this. Last night we super nannied it and put him back in bed 93 times. I'm currently on 35 solo for nap time. He's giggling and I need a big glass of wine.
    You totally have permission to drink wine in the afternoon. 93!

• Options
    Now that I have gone through and read this thread, happy birthday @MrsKipper‌ and I hope the sick LO's are better ASAP!

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    Ugh - hopefully only a day or two until he gets it?  You deserve lots of wine.  

I'm in the "crib for life" club.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    MrsKipper said:

the license is $15 per dog. Then I got a $30 fine (each) for failing to do it. I didn't pay the fine within the 10 days they gave me because it took me a little while to come up with the $90. so now I have a court fee of $50 which I am fighting and will probably have to go to court over.
    I'm sorry, that sucks :-( I never understood the point of registration either. It seems like just an unnecessary fee. How did anyone find out they weren't registered?

• Options
    The boys were up 2x each last night. We are all super cranky. I went to court this morning while the boys were at school to try to file for a legal seperation and I guess my county doesn't do that. So now I have to figure out if I want to just go for it and file for divorce or if I want to wait. 
    Have you interviewed attorneys yet? I would want to at least have something in writing for visitations and support as soon as possible.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    Do you have a baby gate you can put at his doorway?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"