One & Done: Only child
Options

OAD Perk of the Day

We are sitting at the ent center. Ds is having his tubes removed. I'm much more nervous this time about him being put under. He is watching Thomas while we wait to go into the OR. The parents across from us trying to keep one kid calm while taking care if a baby. Dh and I are watching Thomas and ds is in good spirits.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OAD Perk of the Day

• Options
    Josie and I spent the day yesterday together doing a bunch of shopping/ errands.  We serioulsy made 5 or 6 stops.  I can't imagine doing that alone with two LOs-- it dained me enough with just her.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

I loved going Christmas shopping for DD yesterday. One kid, one cart, no headache about equal amounts of presents. I can't imagine trying to do that for 2 or more kids. More power to those parents, but I'd go insane with all that gift wrapping :P

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Zembits said:

I hope the procedure went well! I think these things all l the time. No way I could deal with a second, especially if both were really young. I was late to work this morning just trying to getv us ready and get DS to swallow his antibiotics!

Thanks. He fought the mask but did okay overall. He was whiny when we were there but is sitting in the couch eating crackers, drinking ice water, and watching PBS.

• Options
    We are sitting at the ent center. Ds is having his tubes removed. I'm much more nervous this time about him being put under. He is watching Thomas while we wait to go into the OR. The parents across from us trying to keep one kid calm while taking care if a baby. Dh and I are watching Thomas and ds is in good spirits.

We're dreading this day with DD. Hope your feels better soon!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

When DS naps on the weekends, I get a couple of hours me time/nap time. 

Getting one headstrong, independant toddler to leave the house in the morning is challenging enough.  I don't think I'm equipped to try to get multiple children out of the house.

• Options
    I never have to be pregnant again and deal with all of the worry (2 losses prior to DD, pregnancy induced hypertension, severe PPA)!  

• Options
    The one on one time! SO and I are burg educators and that comes with extra work in the evenings. Just having one allows us to focus on him when home and not have to juggle more than 3 school schedules!

I also love that I can do things with him- we love baking! We also don't have to split activities, obligations, etc!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    We went camping this weekend and it was wonderful because I only had to pack for one child and was able to leave early because of the weather and didn't have two screaming children in the back. Just one and she finally fell asleep. Yay for OAD!
  • Options
    @Arcadia1114‌ So glad he did okay! H is having fluid retention issues in his ears. We did audiology last week and have the ENT next. Looking like tubes are in our future too.
  • Options
    We just got back from a trip to CA. Traveling with 2+ kids must be a special kind of hell.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    Another parent to a child in DS' class was asking me how our PT'ing was going.  I told her really well and she said they were a mess at home. I wanted to make her feel better by saying, "Well, I don't have two other kids at home (one younger, one older)."

I can sit by the potty and read to him if he wants me to.  I don't have anyone else pulling me away.  And booyah, he's like 95% daytime PT'd in two weeks.
  • Options
    @EMarieMe‌ The entire process was fairly easy. Having them put in was easier. We noticed a difference almost immediately.
    @YellowWallpaper12‌ How is the Big E? We always talk about going. We go to Washington County.

• Options
    That's what I feared But I do love fair food. We go the Washington County on a weeknight. It is much easier to get around. We may have to head up the the Big E next year. Stonington Vineyards in CT is having a festival this weekend. It is kid friendly with bands and food. We bought tickets for that.
  • Options
    I haven't been there but love one of their white wines. We can bring a picnic, listen to music, and relax. Ds loves live music. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe a vineyard can be another GTG. Sharpe Hill is beautiful, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"