Pregnant after IF

Things that disappear during pregnancy

1)  My ankles.  I honor them with a moment of silence (or shock) occasionally.

2)  Friends.  I can still be invited to happy hour even though I don't drink, you jerks!  Okay, they didn't disappear completely but, really, only the best ones stay close.

3)  My butt.  No one has seen it for months. All that junk in the trunk moved to the front.

This is all in fun because I love being pregnant.  I actually love my body more than I ever have, and love to accessorize my bump!! 

First natural BFP June 2013
Ectopic July 2012 with fallopian tube and ovary removal :(

First IVF (after 1 cancelled cycle) Jan 2014, 
ER 1/16
ET 1/21
Beta 1/31 BFP!
Beta 2: 400
Beta 3: 700
Beta 4: 11,000  
Beta 5: 45,000
1st US 2/18:  TWINS!!!  :)
EDD: 10/10/14
Delivered via c section 9/17/14, B/G twins

Re: Things that disappear during pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Putting on socks without going "ow"

2. Fitting into my shoes

3. Having an uninterrupted night of sleep - whether it's to switch sides or to get up to pee

But at the same time, I'm loving all of this! And I love having my dh pretty much at my beck and call ;)

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Agree with most of the PP but I'll add:

1) My feet & ankles. . .hello elephant feet and ankles:) I'm hoping that I can still get away wearing flip flops in Oct because that is the only thing that now fits my feet.

2) The ability to picking anything up below my knees (this includes putting on shoes or socks) is just a lost cause.

3) A good night sleep.

But as others have said so thankful to be here & having a good pregnancy that I'll take all of these minor inconveniences.
    Me: 37 DH: 41
    Dx: Endometriosis
    TTC May 2012
    Jan 2014 IUI#1: BFN
    Feb 2014 IUI #2: BFP
    Beta #1: 403
    First u/s: 3/14 It is TWINS!!
    EDD: 11/12/2014 ~ Boys x2
    ~~ All welcomed ~~

• I think these have already been covered in some way...

1) I miss my wardrobe and being able to wear non-maternity clothes! (I just don't like being limited to a couple stores)...and I don't want to buy a ton of stuff I may never wear again (even if we are lucky enough to have a 2nd - it may be a totally different season)

2) Being able to just pop right out of bed or off the sofa from sitting for that matter, roll over easily or move at my normal (pre-preg pace)

3) Not being able to drink coffee - I stopped 2 weeks ago (only had 1/2 - 1 cup / day)... it seems to increase the likelihood of throwing up - and since I am still doing that 2 - 3x / week, I will do anything to get it to stop!

I am worried about what will be coming in the 3rd tri - I really like my shoe collection! (even though I have been wearing flats all summer, but I have cute boots I hope to wear in the winter)  

But I will agree with everyone else, it is all worth it since we are finally getting our little one!
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AMShark‌ - I was a size 12w or 11w (depending on the style) pre-pg. I've been in flip flops all summer because the swelling was so bad. (I've had pretty bad swelling pretty much since the beginning - some due to the summer heat, I think) Today was the first time I tried putting on my sneakers and they barely fit. I had to open the laces as much as I could! It was surprisingly easy enough to do tho. I figure in winter if the swelling is still bad, I will have to buy a pair of men's shoes/boots/sneakers - w/e will fit my feet and be comfy!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • oh this is fun!

1. Sleeping with my husband... I toss and turn and get up to pee so much he's moved to the guest room so at least one of us is rested 

2. the ability to walk out of the house with just keys, a bank card, and a cell phone... I still have to carry snacks everywhere I go

3. Being alone (i actually love this one) knowing i always have another person with me... this might get old but right now i love when she makes her presence known :)

I really disliked this whole pregnancy thing for the first 3-4 months - but i'm starting to really see all the wonderful things!!!

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***
    TTC Since Feb 2011 - HSG Aug 2012 opened 1 tube - Lap Nov 2012 confirmed Endo. 
    May 2013 both tubes blocked by hydrosalpinx. Nov 2013 Essure Placed permanently blocking both tubes

IVF #1 - Jan/Feb 2014 Patch Protocol - 3 day 5 blasts Frosties - transferred 1 blast BFN 
    FET #1 - May 15 transferred 1 blast - HPT May 22 BFP - Beta #1 May 26 - 578 - Beta #2 May 28 1707
    U/S #1 June 9 6w4d hb 111 - U/S #2 June 17 7w5d HB 156 - EDD Jan 29, 2015

• @AMShark‌ - I was a size 12w or 11w (depending on the style) pre-pg. I've been in flip flops all summer because the swelling was so bad. (I've had pretty bad swelling pretty much since the beginning - some due to the summer heat, I think) Today was the first time I tried putting on my sneakers and they barely fit. I had to open the laces as much as I could! It was surprisingly easy enough to do tho. I figure in winter if the swelling is still bad, I will have to buy a pair of men's shoes/boots/sneakers - w/e will fit my feet and be comfy!
    I bought a pair of Chucks in men's size 11 by mistake this summer, and ended up giving them to my nephew.  Maybe I should have held on to them....

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AMShark said:
    Wait, what?  Your feet swell?!  Like how much do they swell?

Lol- mine weren't too bad until recently, they started swelling over the past month (so 3rd tri).  I used to be a 8/8.5 and finally broke down yesterday and bought size 9 flats to hopefully cover the rest of pregnancy, I'm just hoping that it's all swelling vs actually growing because I'll be so sad if none of my old shoes fit post-pregnancy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• @AMShark I was squeezing into a size 10 pre-pregnancy with my first. I now permanently wear an 11. I'm not sure what I will do if my feet grow another whole size! Size 11 is possible to find, but size 12?! I feel ya!
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • @AMShark I was squeezing into a size 10 pre-pregnancy with my first. I now permanently wear an 11. I'm not sure what I will do if my feet grow another whole size! Size 11 is possible to find, but size 12?! I feel ya!
    Ronald McDonald'd better watch his closet, is all I'm saying.  :D

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AMShark said:
    Wait, what?  Your feet swell?!  Like how much do they swell?

I'm only 7w5d, so I don't really know these things, but I'm already a size 11!  I'll be tying cardboard boxes to my feet if they get any bigger.

... Maybe they'll have shoes for me at specialty stores - like, where do clowns shop?

;)
    I'm 29w with twins and my feet haven't swollen (at least not shoe size). I'm still wearing the same sizes. My calves, on the other hand, are an entirely different story. I can't wear any of my knee high boots (without leaving the partially unzipped). 

I'm not sure if it's helped at all to keep feet swelling to a minimum, but I try to get my feet elevated for a little bit every night (like when I'm watching TV on the couch). Maybe I'm just lucky, though?

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • @rox825 - if they're permanently larger, chances are you can steal my collection - I'm a size 9 now and will be VERY sad if my shoes no longer fit!  I have over 100 pairs!  Yes, somehow I managed to hold on to 100 pairs of shoes despite 6 moves between 2012-2014.

Things that have disappeared:

- My sugar cravings.  I count myself very lucky, as I've always had a crazy sweet tooth.  But for whatever reason, I have been rather disinterested in sweet things and craved savory (mostly salty, like popcorn and soy sauce on brown rice).  It has definitely helped me eat healthier during pregnancy!

- My ability to have fun, rough sex.  DH is way too gentle for my taste right now because he's always conscious of my belly, and plenty of positions are uncomfortable now.  Me-on-top seems to be the way to go for now, but I miss being bent over a counter ;-)

- Acne.  Lucky me, my skin is better than ever, with not a pimple to be seen!
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• One more as I crawl into bed:

- I miss the ability to sleep without pillows on all sides of me! (Refuse to get a snoogle or body pillow - instead using extra ones from guest room around me)
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rox825 - if they're permanently larger, chances are you can steal my collection - I'm a size 9 now and will be VERY sad if my shoes no longer fit!  I have over 100 pairs!  Yes, somehow I managed to hold on to 100 pairs of shoes despite 6 moves between 2012-2014.

Deal!  I'll have to think of something that I can trade with :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"