PPD check in: 9/14

How are you?

Roses/thorns this week?

Anything else?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PPD check in: 9/14

• Options
    @MK1013‌ I'm sure the Zoloft will help with your anxiety about the virus. Give it a little more time and good luck!

I'm still doing well. Something is still lacking a bit and I'm not sure what it is. Not yet 100%, but close to it. No longer depressed or anxious.

Went to get fitted for a dress for my friends wedding yesterday and it was my first time out without baby. He's 3 1/2 mths old. I felt bad because it enjoyed it and wasn't crazy missing him. I was happy to see him when I got back and saw that he missed me, though. Feeling kind of guilty:(

I finally saw my psychologist last week after 3 weeks. She doesn't think I need to see her anymore which is great, but she does think I have some mild anxiety due to some issues with my childhood. She doesn't think I should see her for them until I'm stronger because it can bring on some depression. Scary! Not sure how that would happen since I've never been depressed before.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Options
    yepyepsmsyepyepsms member
    edited September 2014
    Still been feeling pretty dang good. Now thinking about how long I want to be on meds versus trying to wean off the meds . It's so hard to know if I am better because of being farther out pp, out of the newborn phase, back to work, etc. or do I still really need the meds? Too scared to wean right now but it's on my mind.

@deanna1313‌ don't feel bad about enjoying your time away from LO. It's healthy and needed. It's also good for baby to get used to other comforting, feeding and playing and builds other's confidence to take care of LO too. I always enjoy my time away...I miss my kids but try to enjoy any me time that I get.

@MK1013‌ glad u are feeling good! I think every mom has anxiety about that virus, it's scary!!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    deanna1313deanna1313 member
    edited September 2014
    @smdukes‌ I've heard that drs typically leave you on the meds for about 6mths to a year PP just to be sure you are out of the woods. I'm sure they will wean you off sooner if you really want to.

Thanks. I know it's good for us to be apart, but I just thought if be more upset. Sounds really silly that I want to be upset. Lol oh boy! Waiting 3 1/2 months to go out without him was pretty long. No wonder I wasn't too upset. Lol
  • Options
    deanna1313deanna1313 member
    edited September 2014
    Good luck at your appt. @Lissiehoya‌
    I definitely had some of the same symptoms. This doesn't necessarily mean it's PPD though. Being a parent is tough whether it's your first or second child.
    Can you explain more about how you are feeling and what's going on with you? You just mentioned what your husband thinks and not your feelings.
  • Options
    I've been on Wellbutrin for 11 or 12 days now and I think it might be just now starting to have an effect. I can't say I feel great, but at least the anxiety has dulled a bit and I'm not having the paralyzing panic attacks I had last week. That was scary.

I'm still not wanting to leave the house or take the kids out. That's my biggest struggle. I know it's mostly breastfeeding related, but DD is still refusing to take a bottle so I'm trying to suck it up and just find a way to make it work. I keep reminding myself it's not forever.

Things are tense between me and DH but oh well. I can only work on one problem at a time. I have another appointment with the counselor on Friday.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Im just curious, a few of you said you dont want to leave the house. Can you explain why that is? I have anxiety about leaving too but I cant really figure out why. I haven't had any bad experiences with it.
  • Options
    I think someone mentioned not wanting to leave because if that sickness going around. I can't think of the name at the moment.
    I go out all the time because it's one thing that I love I guess because it distracts me.
    I just wanted to mention that my psychologist told me that there will be times when I have anxiety and I will not know why. She said that my hormones will flare up and cause the feeling of anxiety. She told me not to try to figure out what it is because often times it's nothing.
    Is it possible that you had this anxiety happen coincidentally when you went out and you thought it was the going out that caused it?
    Is this confusing to understand?
  • Options
    I dont think its from going out. I get anxiety randomly and I have no idea why. I think its mainly just that I dont like going out alot because its alot of work with DD.
  • Options
    Oh I'm sorry. I must have read it wrong. What I said still applies. I would get it all the time and not know why. I did what the psychologist suggested and would just let it pass and not try to figure out what's causing it. She said I'm going to make myself think it's things it's not. Easier said than done.
  • Options
    My week has gotten worse since I posted. I'm thinking either the Wellbutrin hasn't kicked in or is somehow making me feel worse. I've had the most awful feeling of dread and doom for the past two days and I can't shake it. I'm so glad I have a counseling appt Friday morning.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Hang in there! Yesterday wasn't a great day for me either. Hoping today is a better one. I was just anxious for no reason at all. It's a horrible feeling and it's so snnoying that I'm doing so much better and then have these days where I go backwards. I just keep telling myself that I am still doing much better than I was originally and I can only get better. So hard to be positive!
  • Options
    This will be my 4th week on lamictal and this is when I was supposed to notice a difference because I had to double my dosage last Tuesday. My irritability has definitely gone down. I still feel stressed but I feel like it's normal for people to feel this way sometimes. I do still feel like I still get "down" at times during the day. Especially the evening. But I notice myself opening the blinds more and letting the light in. Me and dh are going to have to solid days together by ourselves for his birthday this weekend which I'm looking forward to.

It's a BOY

• Options
    @MK1013‌ good for you for getting help for you and your kids. It's great that you are doing all that you can to help yourself.
    It's so hard that people don't believe in mental illness. There is a horrible stigma. It makes it so much harder for the people who suffer with it. I felt comfortable telling my family and friends, but sometimes I do wonder what some people are thinking about me.
    Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"