April 2015 Moms

No heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days...

i am in early pregnancy went for a scan on tuesday 9th september 2014 they said i was measuring 6 weeks 3 days which is about right the embryo has grown since my last scan at 4 weeks 4 days Although when i went for the scan at 6 weeks 3 days they could not see a heartbeat and said they should expect to see it by now what is the chance my baby is going to be okay

Re: No heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days...

• Wow how rude ! I hope everything works out for you !
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you x
  • Hope everything works out. I think all pp meant was that, since you're asking for advice, it's easier for us to give advice/well-wishes when we can fully understand the question/issue. Hopefully the doc will have some answers. I'm not an expert (FTM), but from what i've gathered lurking on the board, 6 weeks seems too early to find a heartbeat.
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Thank you so much x
  • I would wait a couple if weeks and go for another US, I had a scan at 6 weeks, they could not detected a heartbeat. They did say it is boarder line and could be a day or so early. I went back at 8 weeks, and there was our little bean, great heartbeat and growing righ on track. It was worrying, and the wait was endless, I had suffered a miss misscarriage before.
    Hope all goes well, keep us posted.
  • As a lot of PP's have said, 6 weeks can be a bit early. This is why a lot of doctors wait before attempting to see it (although if you're high risk I can understand why they're taking a look earlier). At my 9 week ultrasound they could see the heartbeat but refused to let me hear it saying "it might be too early we prefer to wait till 12 weeks".

So take a deep breath and hang in there. They may detect a HB at a later ultrasound. in the meantime, I second calling your doctor to see what they have to say. I know sometimes when you're at the office your head is spinning and you can forget to ask questions until after you leave, but none of us can answer quite as well as your OB who actually saw your personal ultrasound.

best of luck to you and let us know how it goes.

Me-24~~ DH-25~~Married 6/15/2013~~Pregnant with our first due April 2, 2015~ Septate/ Bicornuate/Arcuate /some kind of not-normal uterus- won't know for sure which one till after babe is born~~Hoping for a full term baby!

BabyFetus TickerWorkout Row Flip Fail.gif

• Might be too early? Stay strong!
  • Hoping for good news at your next scan!

• I'm sure everything is fine!! Still a little early-- after two more weeks you should be able to see/hear the heartbeat. And,magically, I read and understood your post just fine! :) Best wishes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sending thoughts and prayers your way! It's still too early but I know that doesn't calm anxiety about it after hearing that news. Try and stay positive - I'm sure it'll all work out fine :)

imageimageimage

• lirpaloof77lirpaloof77 member
    edited September 2014
    I hope your next u/s shows a strong HB. Sending prayers your way.
  • If I've learned anything these last 11+ weeks..... Try not to read too much into every last little thing and don't worry until you need to. FX for you and your little babe.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never saw a heartbeat till 6 weeks 6 days. Everyone is different and 6 weeks is still very early, so try not to worry too much. Sending positive thoughts your way x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"