TTC after 35
Options

GTKY hair edition

Share about your hair

How do you wear your hair currently?

How often do you get it cut?

Do you color?

If so, what colors do you do/have you done?

How much grey do you have?

Longest it's ever been?

Shortest it's ever been?

What style would you love to try but have been too scared to do?

If you could have anyone else's hair, whose would you have and why?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY hair edition

• Options
    I have curly type 3 hair. It's layered, shoulder length and the left side is undercut/buzzed down. Dyed my hair on Friday so it's burgundy/dark brown.

Not often enough. I'm lucky if I can afford to go every 4 months or so.

Do you color?
    I've colored since I was 16 years old.

My natural color is medium to dark brown. I've been blonde, black, dark brown, red, eggplant, auburn.

Recently, I'm getting more and more. I'd guess I'm about 10%

Longest it's ever been?
    With the curls stretched out, I have had it down to my butt

Shortest it's ever been?
    Besides the side now (which I shave down to a 1), I've had it as short as two inches

Pixie cut. I almost did a St Baldrick's event but it got cancelled. I would have shaved down to a 1 my whole head.

One of my coworkers has the most beautiful wavy golden brown hair. It's lovely and versatile. She can wear it natural or blown straight.

• Options
    Just past my shoulders, layered, part on left side. It used to be stick straight, but after having kids it went curly.

Not often enough - it's next to impossible to get stuff done up here.

Do you color?
    Yes, I started about ten years ago, just covering grey.

Always been blonde.

Too much! I'd say about 25%, but it blends well with my blonde so it's hard to get an accurate picture.

Longest it's ever been?
    Lower back.

Shortest it's ever been?
    Pixie.

None. I used to try any and all styles. Now I'm just sticking with what works with my face shape and lifestyle.

Hmmm... can't think of anyone. I'm generally happy with my hair.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Share about your hair

How do you wear your hair currently?  In a bun or ponytail

How often do you get it cut? About once a year

Do you color? No

If so, what colors do you do/have you done?  I've had highlights before and have colored out the grey before but haven't done anything to i in years.

How much grey do you have?  I'd say I'm about 5% grey

Longest it's ever been?  Down to my waist

Shortest it's ever been? To my chin

What style would you love to try but have been too scared to do?  I haven't really given it any thought.  I really don't care what my hair looks like as long as it's out of my face!  I do childcare for three toddlers and have a toddler of my own so easy and out of the way is my goal :)

If you could have anyone else's hair, whose would you have and why?  I wouldn't mind having my hair from 20 years ago.  Age and having children has changed it considerably. 
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    edited September 2014
    Share about your hair

How do you wear your hair currently? Below my chin.

How often do you get it cut? Every 3-4 months.

Do you color? Yes.

If so, what colors do you do/have you done? Blonde highlights when I was younger because I have light brown hair for my natural color. Now I do dark brown/auburn.

How much grey do you have? Random strands that look like wiry tinsel.

Longest it's ever been? Below my shoulders. It's very thick and takes a long time to get length.

Shortest it's ever been? Just above my chin. That was too short for my liking. Never again.

What style would you love to try but have been too scared to do? Candy colored hair. More details in following question.

If you could have anyone else's hair, whose would you have and why? Anyone with hair in shades of pink, blue, or purple. I just couldn't bring myself to bleach my natural hair color to get that look.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Chin length layered bob.
    Not as often as I should! I really need to go in every three months, but often wind up waiting six (until it's gotten so long I'm tempted to hack it off myself)  
    Do you color?
    Nope.  Although I went through a phase in between college and grad school when I was "sowing my wild oats" and tried a few different shades
    My natural color is dark blond, but it gets a lot lighter in the summer, which I like.
    A few shiny strands here and there.
    Longest it's ever been?
    It was down to my waist when I was little, until I cut it off in junior high.
    Shortest it's ever been?
    I "sort of" had a pixie in the mid nineties, but it was awful.  
    Nothing in particular.
    Nobody's.  I am happy with my own.  :-)
  • Options
    pinkishrabbitpinkishrabbit member
    edited September 2014
    How do you wear your hair currently? Straight, long layers about mid chest length, highlights 

How often do you get it cut? About ever 8 weeks 

Do you color? Yes, my normal color is a very flat dirty blonde/light brown and I prefer the highlights / lowlights 

If so, what colors do you do/have you done? Blonde, brown, black, red, pink... I used to change it a lot 

How much grey do you have? Just a little bit, but just not ready to rock it. 

Longest it's ever been? To my waist in middle school. I cut it into a bob and my dad was so upset, lol. 

Shortest it's ever been? Paige boy What style would you love to try but have been too scared to do? Pixie. Just not sure I could do it... 

If you could have anyone else's hair, whose would you have and why? Jennifer Anniston, it started with 'the Rachel' and I still love her style today!
    Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options

Long, right about my bra strap.  Long layers and shaped around my face.

Once every three months.  And once a year I get 1-2 inches off.  Just had that cut last month.

Do you color?

Yes

Right now I have an Ombre.  I have medium brown hair.  I have been blonde, red, medium ash brown.

I started getting gray at 26.  Right now I have grey around my hairline in the front.  I get the roots touched up

Longest it's ever been?

Half way down my back

Shortest it's ever been?

I had a short inverted bob.  The back was real short and the front came down to my chin. I usually get a short hair cut ever 3-5 years and donate to locks of love.  My SO though loves long hair and won't let me get it cut short. :(  I don't mind.

None, I always go for styles I want. I can go long or short.

My daughters' hair.  They are biracial and their hair is not coarse.  So they can go curly or straight.  I am very jealous.  LOL
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Options
    How do you wear your hair currently? Down to shoulder length, parted to the side, curled up on the ends, side swept bangs.

How often do you get it cut? Every 8-10 weeks.

Do you color? Yes! I just got highlights for the weddding, and did an overall soft brown first to get rid of the red put in last winter.

If so, what colors do you do/have you done? Brown with caramel highlights.

How much grey do you have? None. A few white random stress hairs.

Longest it's ever been? Down to my butt.

Shortest it's ever been? Pixie cut.

What style would you love to try but have been too scared to do? I want it platinum blonde and wild spikey pixie cut with low tones of deep brown. 

If you could have anyone else's hair, whose would you have and why? Jennifer Aniston- The volume and color! 

• Options
    How do you wear your hair currently? Just hits my shoulders (see avatar pic although my bangs have grown out) and usually at least half pulled back.

How often do you get it cut? every 8 weeks - I'm really itching to chop it off

Do you color? always. i don't even know what my natural color is at this point. 

If so, what colors do you do/have you done? high school and college was every color under the sun - red, yellow, green, purple, blackish. More recently - shades of auburn (my hair really likes to pull the red tones so I go with it), dark brown with purplish tints and right now it is light-ish brown with blondish highlights. My appt is tomorrow and I'm guessing I'll go a bit darker for fall.

How much grey do you have? my temples show grey at the roots and I'll find a strand or two mixed in. since i never stop coloring i don't ever notice more than that...

Longest it's ever been? past my butt

Shortest it's ever been? eye-level with shaved in the back. 

What style would you love to try but have been too scared to do? full on boy-short. one of my friends does it and it looks cute on her but I don't think I have the facial bone structure to pull that off. 

If you could have anyone else's hair, whose would you have and why? I like Mila Kunis' hair or maybe Megan Fox?
  • Options
    ow do you wear your hair currently?  Long 

How often do you get it cut? Never.  Well, ok once every year or so.  Occasionally I trim dead/split ends myself

Do you color? oh yes

If so, what colors do you do/have you done?  All shades of brown and natural black, when younger went purpleish and also bronze on occasion

How much grey do you have? too much... I've had grey hair since I was 26.  Yes, after my first child.  I probably have about 15%-20% grey now.

Longest it's ever been?  Middle of my back where it is now

Shortest it's ever been? pixie type

What style would you love to try but have been too scared to do? none

If you could have anyone else's hair, whose would you have and why? Oh my gosh, actress Annie Wersching.  She's gorgeous, thick long auburn hair 

• Options
    hooligans4hooligans4 member
    edited September 2014
    My hair is straight, mahogany and down to my waist. It has been the same for most of my life.
    I have grey but I color every other month so not sure how much but it's probably a lot.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options

How do you wear your hair currently? My hair needs to be cut so right now in a ponytail. My hair use to be stick straight but as I've aged it has started to become curly. 

How often do you get it cut? I get my hair cut every 4 months or so.

Do you color?  Yes, I color my hair but I would love not to anymore. 

If so, what colors do you do/have you done? My hair has been red, purple, blonde, dark brown, black and now it’s back to my natural color.

How much grey do you have? I’ve had tons of gray hair since I was maybe 20…

Longest it's ever been? Longest hair I’ve had was for my wedding and it was past my bra strap.

Shortest it's ever been? The shortest my hair has been is a pixie cut.

What style would you love to try but have been too scared to do? I’ve pretty much had my hair anyway I wanted but I have regretted a few.

If you could have anyone else's hair, whose would you have and why? If I could have anyone's hair it would be Carrie Underwood’s.

• Options
    Share about your hair

How do you wear your hair currently? Finally said goodbye to my long hair. It's now just above the shoulder - not sure how to describe the style as I was going for a bob but it has layers since my hair is so fine.

How often do you get it cut? 6-8 weeks

Do you color? yep

If so, what colors do you do/have you done? blond to brunette...one time a very dark brown because I tried to self medicate, I mean color

How much grey do you have?  My hair stylist claims I have a little sparkle but I've never seen it

Longest it's ever been? in grade school it was down to my butt

Shortest it's ever been? Had the short spikey look in college

What style would you love to try but have been too scared to do? Would love to try an auburn shade.  Kelly Osbourne's purple do is kind of cool too.

If you could have anyone else's hair, whose would you have and why? Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson always come up in my google searches for hair so maybe either of those two.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    Ponytail or braid.
    Last haircut was about a year ago.  Oh dear. 
    Do you color?
    Not these days.
    My hair is naturally kind of mousy brown but gets blond highlights from the sun.  I used to use lightening products (e.g. Sun-In) when I ran outside to encourage these.  I also "temporarily" dyed it brunette as part of a Jackie O costume for Halloween one year, and it stayed dyed for a lot longer than the box said it would.
    I have no idea--it just kind of blends in.
    Longest it's ever been?
    Right now, probably.  It comes down to a little below my shoulder blades
    Shortest it's ever been?
    I often have it cut short enough that the back is shaved up a bit, but I always keep my bangs long enough to tuck behind my ears.
    I guess kind of a pixie cut?  I like really short hair on other people, but it just doesn't look that good on me.  Keeping it tied back at all times is the next best thing, maintenance-wise.
    Hmm.  Anybody who actually takes it down and styles it sometimes would be an improvement.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"