Attachment Parenting

More on sleep and feeding in demand

CNYBride05CNYBride05 member
edited September 2014 in Attachment Parenting
My nearly 14 mos old twins are bf on demand which is generally every 3 hrs during the day and every 2 all freakin nite. I was fine with this until I hit a wall this week and realized that I haven't had more than 3hrs consecutive sleep since they were born and I'm exhausted.

I don't want to wean and don't even mind 1 motn feed but am at a loss as to how to get there. It's been suggested that we slowly try to space our feedings. DH has been trying to go in an soothe first but the girls tend to wake each other and then they are both screaming and very tough to settle with a boob so feedings never really get spaced.

We also seem to be in a sleep regression (although I can't find much data on 13 or 14 month one) and have had 2 hellish nites and tonite isn't looking up :/

I realize this is similar to my last post but I'm just looking for more suggestions/the magic cure :)
Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: More on sleep and feeding in demand

• No advice, but my twins are almost 10 months and this post made me very sad. I'm also up every 2 hours or more all night :( I was really hoping it would change soon

imageimage

• Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry ladies - no advice from me as well but I just have to share that you are such a wonderful Mamas! Be strong!!! Lots of love :)
  • I did a variation of Dr Gordon's night weaning.  I think I waited a certain number of hours before I would nurse her again the first time, then went to nursing just twice a night (for a long time), then once.  For some reason, the number of times per night thing worked better for her than the clock time limit.  (She was ~16months, I think, when I started eliminating night feedings, which I'm sure helped, because we'd already been using the "one more" or "just twice" wording for other things.)
    IMG_8355
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"