May 2014 Moms

4 month seizure

2»

Re: 4 month seizure

• @mollynicole214‌ Her seizures are grand mal, I videotaped them and had my pedi watch, she agreed they were grand mal.

Basically, her hands are clenched in fists and she holds them parallel to her body, she brings her knees up to her stomach, her eyes are rolled back and to the right and she shakes in a repetitive motion. She completely checks out, not like loss of consciousness, but doesn't blink, doesn't respond, etc.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks for explaining what hers look like. Definitely helpful to know what to look at. During my moment of terror I wasn't really paying attention to details like that so if was hard to answer questions in the ER. I'll certainly post an update after her next appointment.
    I totally get that. I know it seems terrible to do, but if (God forbid) she has another, videotape it. It can help them identify the type.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• You ladies both seem remarkably calm! This is making me realize that I need to talk with my DH, so that if we ever have a medical emergency, I have some sort of plan in place. For example, it sounds like you both drove to the ER? What makes one decide to do that over calling for an ambulance? Do you just grab baby and rush out or do you take the time to put them in the car seat? Did you think to bring a diaper bag ? I'm afraid I would just freak out and not be able to make good decisions in the moment.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • @QOTR‌ I'm like the least calm person ever in situations like this. Luckily, my H was a medic in the Army/Iraq, so he's trained at staying cool under pressure, he totally reeled me back in.

We did drive over calling 911, but only because it didn't last longer than 5 minutes, had it lasted longer, we would've call 911, or had she had any breathing issues. We also strapped her in, but I rode in back with her. They did take her by transport to Children's, which was an hour away from us. I did manage to grab the diaper bag and breastmilk, bottles, etc.

It's always a good idea to discuss the what ifs, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• I'm so very sorry you had to experience this but I'm very glad she is okay!
    Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @QOTR‌ You are so very right. We said afterward that planning what to do in an emergency was something important that we should have done before it occurred. For us, I am the calm under pressure parent. My DH is a absolute disaster in stressful situations. I actually had to direct him out of our neighborhood. We put baby in the car seat and I sat in the backseat. Our pediatrician's office is affiliated with the hospital so I called the after hours nurse and asked what to do on the way over to the hospital. I did grab the diaper bag on the way out but didn't have a blanket (was in the wash) and she was in her light pjs when it was pretty cold outside and no pacifier. At least I had the basics! Please everyone I hope an emergency never happens to you and your family but definitely plan ahead!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"