January 2015 Moms

TERRIBLE FLU COMING ON

I'm 23w, I feel a horrible cold coming on.. anyone know any good remedies or know of anything I can take for sore throats & migranes ?

Re: TERRIBLE FLU COMING ON

• You can take cough drops (I like Cepacol, they work the best for me).  Also salt water gargling! That probably helps me the most if my throat is bothering me.  You can do tylenol, but I don't know how well that works for a migraine. It doesn't really work well on me for anything.  Sorry you're feeling sick, hope you feel better soon.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the orange juice recommendation. It always seems to help me get over a cold or avoid one to begin with. The vitamin C can't hurt
  • Lots of foods/juice rich in vitamin C.
    Vitamin D3 supplement (at least 5000 iu daily).
    Elderberry syrup.
    Raw honey and hot tea for sore throat.
    Raw garlic.
    Steamy shower and neti pot to clear sinuses.
    Extra fluids and rest.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • @Mrs_Bennett‌ - just got some eldeberries and going to make some elderberry syrup after your recommendation. Just googled a recipe and will make a batch up for my fridge! I love natural remedies like that!
  • If you are stuffy cut an onion and keep it near you, it really helps drain out the nose/your eyes... A little annoying for those around you but I think it helps. Feel better!
  • @Mrs_Bennett‌ - just got some eldeberries and going to make some elderberry syrup after your recommendation. Just googled a recipe and will make a batch up for my fridge! I love natural remedies like that!

This is the recipe that I use, and everyone in the family likes the flavor, so win! I think it definitely helps strengthen the immune system; we take a spoonful each daily when healthy, more when sick.
    https://www.crunchybetty.com/your-natural-medicine-cabinet-elderberry-echinacea-syrup-recipe
  • I woke up today feeling sore and achy all over. It better not be the flu again! OP I hope you don't either, it totally blows. If you feel worse definitely get a rapid flu test, if it is the flu you can take Tamiflu, it makes a world of difference.
  • I've got the start of a cold too :( and really wish there was a better option for stuffiness besides saline spray or netti pot(it makes me feel like I'm drowning)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"