Parenting
Options

Atlanta people

2»

Re: Atlanta people

• Options
    Also super late to this thread.  I was in Harry Potter heaven all last week.  Id be interested in meeting some of you chicks. 
    Yay!  Sending you an invite now!

• Options
    So, are we still doing this?  It looks like we have a conflict for someone every Saturday in October; do we want to open it up to Saturday Nov. 1 as well, or to Sundays in October?  Or just vote on a date?  (I couldn't figure out how to do a poll in the group, so if anyone else can, that would be great).  There are a couple of threads in the group regarding dates and activities but not many people replied to them.

Beuller?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Alright, guys, imma bump this just one more time since I got crickets last time.

@hilarityensued; @mrsbadkat; @maebb; @seahorse102410; @chickie79; @pobrecita; @ashleypixie; @naturelovers; @winecastle14; @phunkyphish; @mrebecca; @allrightmeow; @quartermisses

Still happening, or no?

• Options
    We never decided.  We got stuck on that part.  Well, all the parts.  We never really decided on anything.  :)

• Options
    I'm open except for October 10-13.  I'm going to try again to do a date poll in the group; I'll let you know if it works.

• Options
    Ugh, it won't let me do it.  It says "discussion not found" when I try to save it.

• Options
    How is November 1 for everyone?

• Options

I'm 90% sure Nov 1st is good for me.

This weekend (10-12) is potty training bootcamp, so we're not leaving the house, wish me luck!

image       image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I'm 90% sure Nov 1st is good for me.

This weekend (10-12) is potty training bootcamp, so we're not leaving the house, wish me luck!

Ooh, good luck!  Hope you have a dry weekend!

• Options
    Yea but nobody knows me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    November 1st works for me!
  • Options
    So crazy because I am from Indiana and would actually be driving back from Disney the weekend of the 17th and we are stopping Atlanta pick up MIL. I would have loved to meet you ladies!

• Options
    Chickie79 said:

Anyone else having trouble viewing discussions in the group? The group page says 9 discussions, but I can only see 3. Weird.

I think the other 6 are all my unsuccessful attempts to create a poll. I noticed the last time I tried to create one it first said there were 8 discussions, and then after it wouldn't save my poll yet AGAIN, it said there were 9.

• Options
    TheBub said:

So crazy because I am from Indiana and would actually be driving back from Disney the weekend of the 17th and we are stopping Atlanta pick up MIL. I would have loved to meet you ladies!

Aw, that sucks. I would have liked to meet you too!

• Options

Ok, I'm calling it.  November 1. 

(Unless you guys want to do another date, since I'm not actually the boss of anyone).

Please tit to indicate agreement, suggest alternate dates if you don't agree, or forever hold your peas.

• Options

Things to do on November 1:

Cabbagetown Chili Cookoff:

https://www.chompandstomp.com/chomp-basics/

A day at Chomp and Stomp

Hello Romp, Chomp, and Stompers!

Welcome

Welcome to our 12th annual Chomp & Stomp Festival happening on November 1st. We have been working hard for the past 12 years to perfect our little neighborhood fundraiser and boy have we grown in the process. Just to show you have far we have come, our first Chili Cook-off had 20 individual chili’s with about 900 attendees. Last year we had 100 individual chilis, 29 restaurants chilis, 75 artists, 20 food vendors, 19 celebrity judges, and between 22,000 and 24,000 attendees but please don’t bring your dogs. You will be turned away. Too crowded.

Everything that happens at Chomp

• 7:00 am: Race registration (Milltown) No registration day of if they are sold out and they have been the last 4 years.
    • 8:00 am: Race begins
    • 9:00 am: Beer opens for Romp runners
    • 9:45 am: Race Awards
    • 11:00 am FESTIVAL BEGINS* Music on our Main Stage, Amphitheatre, and Peachy Park starts, the Artist Market is open and our Vendors and slinging food for those to hungry to wait for the chili.
    • 12:00 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Honor the Cabbage!
    • 12:30 pm: Chili Tasting begins (Make sure to buy that $5.00 spoon at any Welcome Station!)
    • 1:15 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Cabbage Shredding Contest
    • 2:30 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Slaw Eating Contest
    • 4:00 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Bobbing for Brussel Sprouts
    • 5:30 pm: Chili Winners Announced Main Stage
    • 6:00 FESTIVAL ENDS

What to expect the day of

No Doggies allowed.

A typical Chomp Festival includes a romp through Cabbagetown, described as an easy, flat, 5K followed up with beer for breakfast for the hardy.

Find that perfect spot at one of our 4 music stages for some bodacious bluegrass music that traveled from all over just to see you.

At 12:30 the Chili Tasting Begins! Grab that $5 spoon and dive down the Chili Rows. Are you going to hit individual chilis first or do you find it hard to resist the temptations of Restaurant Row.

Make sure to wander through our Artist Market that has as much Cabbagetown flavor as the chili.  Don’t miss Brussel Sprout Park where the stage is family friendly. Can’t wait to see what we will do this year.

Don’t forget to wander back to our main stage for the Cabbagetown games. The brussel sprout bobbing can be a bit competitive so stand back and be amazed. At 5pm, we announce the winners for both the individual and restaurant chilis.

Remember No Doggies allowed.

Though it has been 12 years in the making, one thing has not changed. You are the one who brings the festivity to our little festival. Thank you Cabbagetown, neighbors, travelers, sponsors, local businesses, and volunteers! We thank you from the bottom of our chili bowls.

Chomp & Stomp Committee 2014

• Options
    vandelayvandelay member
    edited October 2014

Chastain Park Arts Festival:https://www.chastainparkartsfestival.com/ The Chastain Park Arts Festival will host its sixth annual event at Chastain Park along Park Drive for approximately 185 artists and artisans.
    Visitors will enjoy fine art and crafts, a childrens area and local food and beverage concessions including the gourmet food trucks. Local acoustic musicians will enliven the atmosphere. This event is organized by the Atlanta Foundation for Public Spaces and volunteer artists. Best of all, it's entirely free to attend.

• Options

Cotton States Cat Show:

https://cottonstatescatclub.org/

Cotton States Cat Club, Inc has been producing Cat Fanciers' Association licensed cat shows in the Atlanta area since 1938. We currently produce our show in the Duluth area on the first weekend of November.

Always one of the top shows in CFA, a Cotton States' show is an event for exhibitors and spectators alike. Come see cats from all over the country compete for top honors! Vendors will have a large array of items for cats and cat lovers alike. Details for spectators and exhibitors alike are on our Show Info page.

Our next show is November 1-2, 2014 and we invite everyone to come! Spectators you can download a flyer with information about the show and a $1off admission coupon. Exhibitors, complete entry information is here.

image image

• Options
    (I'm just kidding about the cat show.)

• Options
    Chickie79 said:
    @vandelay‌ - are you thinking of running the race?
    Hmm, I hadn't thought about it, @chickie79.  I was mostly planning on just drinking.  How about you?

• Options
    I can't be there Nov first but let's keep in touch to meet up another weekend.  It's always so hard to get everyone together at the same time.
  • Options
    I can't be there Nov first but let's keep in touch to meet up another weekend.  It's always so hard to get everyone together at the same time.
    Definitely!

• Options

Hey guys.  Are we doing this thing on Saturday?  If so, Chastain thing, Cabbagetown thing, restaurant, or something else?  (If we do a restaurant, others are going to have to weigh in, because I'm out of touch with restaurants beyond my immediate neighborhood these days.)

@hilarityensued; @headbtchincharge; @maebb; @seahorse102410; @chickie79; @pobrecita; @ashleypixie; @naturelovers; @winecastle14; @phunkyphish; @mrebecca; @allrightmeow; @quartermisses

• Options
    I'm out, I have family stuff on Saturday. Hope you all have a blast though, I'd love to make the next one and try to be on here more between now and then. The shit has hit the fan at work and I basically have zero free time outside of lunch.
    image       image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to miss you @phunkyphish‌. Next time, hopefully!

• Options
    People are totally being MIA.

Should we try to plan something for the early spring?  Like get an actual event organized?

Yeah, I guess so, if people aren't interested in doing something on Saturday.  It's weird, because several people indicated that they were interested in 11/1 before.

It's because people were joking in the underwear thread that I have a penis, isn't it???  DAMMIT, PEOPLE; I DON'T REALLY HAVE ONE!!!1!!!!!1!

• Options
    DH is talking about us going out of town on Saturday. Sorry for my lack of commitment - I am not a good pre-planner.
  • Options
    I'm not scared of the thunder in your pants @vandelay

• Options
    I could do something at Chastain but it's super close for me.  

Chastain is pretty close for me too so I'm up for meeting there any time.

We also go to the BrookRun park if anyone goes there.

• Options
    Chickie79 said:
    You paged? What time are we thinking? I just need to prep MH for the idea of being alone with G for this first time in a year. I wish I was kidding.

We didn't get that far because ::crickets:: from everybody at first.  So you would be up for Saturday if we did it?

• Options
    I'm tempted to go into the Larry thread, get @headbtchincharge, and drag her into this thread, but I don't want the yellow flag.

• Options
    Hey, HBIC! We were trying to decide whether to go ahead with 11/1, which is Saturday. What are your thoughts?

• Options
    I was totally in for Saturday, but now I have to actually work. I was just told this afternoon I have to meet with some clients who can't come during the week. I'm so sorry, my Saturday is shit now.

Ah, that sucks. Sorry about your Saturday!

• Options
    Alright guys, it looks like Saturday is not the best day. Regroup and plan something in the spring?

• Options
    Sorry!  Yes spring. Im in for spring! 
  • Options
    My birthday is in the middle of May, but I know how much everyone enjoys adult birthdays that are celebrated for the entire month, so it's my birthday party too.

• Options
    We should celebrate anyone that has a birthday in 2015.

No February 29th birthday people!  I'm taking a firm stand on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"