Babies on the Brain
Options

What was your method

Curious if anyone tried any methods for conceiving a specific gender (and whether or not it worked) or if you let go and let God.

Re: What was your method

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Goldsgirl9 said:
    Curious if anyone tried any methods for conceiving a specific gender (and whether or not it worked) or if you let go and let God.
    Huh?
    Married: 08/04/2012
    TTC #1: 07/2014
  • Options
    I haven't, won't, and don't have a preference

BUT

I will tell you that as far as I know the findings of Shettles research haven't been reproduced. I had a friend who tried this method and when she explained it to me I thought "there's no way" & a little research confirmed that suspicion. Since she told me about this after having conceived, I chose not to throw that information back in her face (she didn't get the sex she wanted btw) but since you're asking...

It's pretty much a 50/50 shot, short of medical intervention.

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!

Although I've never understood having such a strong preference, you will find lots of threads online about "gender disappointment" (although gender isn't the correct term from a sociological perspective that is a common term & if you google sex disappointment I don't think you'll come up with what you're looking for!)

I would suggest that you work to get yourself to a point where you're 100% okay with either a boy or a girl before TTC. Otherwise, you're going to feel pretty guilty for feeling any disappointment if you don't win that coin toss.
  • Options
    No, because those "methods" are garbage.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will be happy either way when I get pregnant. 

So yes, my method will work.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't charting the cycle we conceived but we had intercourse on day 14 of my cycle and gave "the shuttles method" a shot. Either we got lucky or it worked but we're having a boy. We're thankful we got pregnant at all!
    FTM baby boy born Jan 2015
  • Options
    Since we are doing IVF with ICSI (where the embryologist injects a single sperm into each egg)and the resulting sex depends on which sperm fertilizes the egg (an X or a Y chromosome sperm), I guess I am letting the embryologist decide...

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    14whitney said:
    Paint a pumpkin seed either blue (for boys duh cause only boys can like blue) or pink (because girls can only like pink). Then, place it in your belly button. If you have an outie, tape it to your outie. Once you're done, paint your whole stomach and face blue or pink. If you use any other color, you might get an alien baby. Then, spin around 10 times but counting backwards from 10 to 1. Once you're good and Dizzy, run outside and scream "I WANT A BOY/GIRL!!!". Make sure there's lots of ppl around. It's so much better with a lot of ppl around. :)
    You left out the part about recording it. That's the only way.
    You also need to wrack up at least 10,000 views on Youtube to encourage the right gender to grow..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I believe the only way to guarantee that you will get a girl is if you harvest one of your eggs, prick the surface with a very small needle (in other words, no sperm is used in the making of this embryo), and then put the zygote into your uterus. If all of this is successful thus far (and it's unlikely), the zygote may or may not implant. Assuming you carried to term, you would be giving birth to your genetic clone, and this bouncing baby girl would be sterile. Congrats!....or you could just knock nuts with a man who contains sperm and if you're lucky you will end up with a tiny human.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"